What Builds Are You Working On?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What builds are you working on?
What builds are you working on?
 Caitsith.Alriath
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-02-08 13:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing your TP belt has stp+1 on it? if so then you should be fine with using another pair of feet to keep your 6hit.

Edit: Unless you don't have capped stp merits in which case sadface for real lol.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-08 13:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Sam Polearm TP any advice/feedback is welcome. Im working on usu but having awful luck on drops going for feet and body.
Would TP'ing with Ancient Torque not be better for Polearm? Should give around 2 accuracy more (prolly doesn't make much difference with the rest of your gear though). Just curious =)
In uncapped acc yes, but he should be using acc food w/ polearm, so torque will win.

Are you telling me I spent 5 mil on Ace's for nothing ;/.
Pretty much. I was considering buying an ace's right about the time pizza came out. The shell I was buying it from got claim, but it didn't drop. After reading some threads about pizza (I was just it on mnk only at the time), pizza pretty much swept the board and is generally the best food to use in 90% of situations. 5% of the other situations is really weak stuff that your acc is capped w/ turban to begin with (non boss salvage mobs, nyzul, ect) and the other 5% mobs that you won't be capped on even w/ acc food (very low number of mobs in the game). That 5% of the time, Ace's will be best.
 Caitsith.Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-02-08 13:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Sam Polearm TP any advice/feedback is welcome. Im working on usu but having awful luck on drops going for feet and body.
Would TP'ing with Ancient Torque not be better for Polearm? Should give around 2 accuracy more (prolly doesn't make much difference with the rest of your gear though). Just curious =)
In uncapped acc yes, but he should be using acc food w/ polearm, so torque will win.

Are you telling me I spent 5 mil on Ace's for nothing ;/.

Atleast it looks kewl.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-02-08 13:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't ace's pretty good to ws in with polearm? That's what I use, but no merits in it :x
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-08 13:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Isn't ace's pretty good to ws in with polearm? That's what I use, but no merits in it :x
A little better than hissho hachimaki for meat build, but not 5m better. (is what I would use since my build can fulltime meat on colibri). Sushi/pizza builds, Shura helm, G helm (6 str 4 dex 8 attack), ect would win.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-08 13:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Alriath said:
I'm guessing your TP belt has stp 1 on it? if so then you should be fine with using another pair of feet to keep your 6hit. Edit: Unless you don't have capped stp merits in which case sadface for real lol.

No STP on belt, but with full merits +10 stp gives getto 6 hit which im fine with personally till usu feet. Donno if thats a bad idear using getto 6 hit instead of 6 hit but seems to be working good eyeing it up lol.
 Caitsith.Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-02-08 13:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You could TP in Ecphoria ring instead then.

Heres what I TP in, Velocity/Speed belt when I can get them.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-02-08 14:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

@Leonstrife

Casting absorbs all the time on "everything else" will just make you do less damage since they take a while to cast and also don't last that long. It's not practical.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-02-08 14:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

they take like 5 secs and last well over a minute. my magic skill is over 300.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-02-08 14:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

And how many times do you cast them? It adds up to quite a long time in a party that lasts 2 or more hours.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-02-08 14:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Leonstrife said:
they take like 5 secs and last well over a minute. my magic skill is over 300.
Its still not practical.

Editting for more exact math:
According to your claims.... they take like 5sec... 2 sec each with 1sec delay between casts. They last for a minute. Lets do some math... shall we?

1min = 60sec
5/60= 8.33% of your time wasted on casting.
That is a lot of time to make up for in a party.

And yes, that might give you a bit more damage, but lets say on Greater Colibri... they reflect that and absorb it from a SAM or DRG... that hurts the party's total DMG.

On non-reflective mobs, it all depends on what you ACTUALLY absorb and what you believe you absorb.
By Koryuu 2010-02-08 16:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've stopped working on my Drg there's nothing I want enough to make me go and progress towards getting it.
Which isn't to say its badly geared, I have a 6hit build with 17% haste in gear but I suppose my WS gear could be better. I havent touched the augment system since it seems like playing the lottery.
The last thing Im still working on is Homam Hands so I dont have -movement speed on kited fights or for high evasion mobs. I'm doing ZNM and Salvage with some Aurum/Ares gear listed but its not my top priority.
At the moment Im working on Smn Skill build which Im just short of Marduk Tiara and that Augmented Aptus Earring from ASA
Ive just started working on my HMP Build also Ithink I only macroed in 6 pieces and those were only because I had them and my other macros automatically unequipped them without having a seperate macro
now however I have 2 macros to equip HMP and 1 macro to requip gear that doesnt get swapped in normally due to not enough lines or because Id normally fulltime it.
For HMP I just started so Im missing ton's of stuff off the top of my head Oracles Body, Legion Scutum, Gnole Torque, Invigorating cape, That HQsash with HMP+3, rebuy antivenom earring and that crown with HMP+3.

tldr: Smn Skill + HMP