Speculation about Vana Fest
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-01-22 03:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been hearing mumbles from all my in game friends about some "mind blowing" announcement that will be told to us at this years Vana Fest.

Some of them say that there is going to be something revolutionary like a change to the job system or level cap. Some say there is going to be a full expansion released.

As much as I'd like the latter to be true I like the other idea that's being mentioned. Many are speculating that pertinent information about defeating AV will be released. I'd be inclined to think this because the items are available in this years bonanza. From my researching of previous mog bonanzas it hasn't been done before. And of course what better way to celebrate the 8th year of of FFXI than to give info about a monster that drops stuff that has alot of +8 stats on it. Flawless logic isn't it?

Lastly some just think that it's mostly going to be marketing for the next MMO. Any thoughts? What would you like to see?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-22 03:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they will finally explain how to defeat AV before the game dies for 14. If they didn't there is going to be alot of pissed off people.
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-01-22 03:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes since. Many people won't leave until they feel that they've conquered this game. I think the fact they are releasing the items through the bonanza means that they will give some insight into beating it. All of the other rank 1 items are obtainable given enough time.

I'd like people to talk about anything else they want to happen about this announcement without turning this into an AV thread but I speculate is has something to do with the Stellar Map and cardinal directions.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-22 03:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What about those summons they promised us literally 2 years ago?
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-01-22 03:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:

Oh yes an a$$ load of people are speculating about that as well. However if that's it I'd be sorely disappointed.
[+]
 Titan.Chster
Server: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2010-01-22 03:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see maybe the completion of WOTG, and announcing a new end game zone for it (dynamis,limbus,etc)
and possibly a new expansion

I dunno about raising level cap but if they ever did I bet they would only allow one job to go to 80, or something along the lines of that lol
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-22 03:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly I'm surprised how many people have clung onto hope that SE will deliver the goods. They never do in a timely manner. I mean it took 5 some years for them to add a freakin moogle to Selbina & Mhaura. That idea has been spammed to their email accounts since day one I'd imagine.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-22 03:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Chster said:
I could see maybe the completion of WOTG, and announcing a new end game zone for it (dynamis,limbus,etc) and possibly a new expansion I dunno about raising level cap but if they ever did I bet they would only allow one job to go to 80, or something along the lines of that lol

exactly something lame like that. Thats how SE does stuff, the lame way.
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-01-22 03:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to see a feature added where you can add other jobs abilities to yours without having to sub that particular job or if your sub determined which abilities you could add. It would include merit abilities too.

Adding altruism to my red mage would be great.
[+]
 Fairy.Deist
Server: Fairy
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2010-01-22 03:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Paulus said:
Asura.Artemicion said:

Oh yes an a$$ load of people are speculating about that as well. However if that's it I'd be sorely disappointed.

Actually those were promised - at least the names what they were (just basic info) about to come in dec of 09. BUt that came and went.
And you talked about the logic of SE? They also gave the AV items in last years event.
But mind you - the video that they released gave info that that they also claimed was mind blowing.
So - as a former FFXI'er I would say don't get your hopes up. It is SE after all.
But I too am curious as to what they would consider mind blowing.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-22 03:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna go with the new avatars, MAYBE some more hints on AV.
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-01-22 03:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Deist said:
Bahamut.Paulus said:
Asura.Artemicion said:

Actually those were promised - at least the names what they were (just basic info) about to come in dec of 09. BUt that came and went.
And you talked about the logic of SE? They also gave the AV items in last years event.
But mind you - the video that they released gave info that that they also claimed was mind blowing.
So - as a former FFXI'er I would say don't get your hopes up. It is SE after all.
But I too am curious as to what they would consider mind blowing.

Oh it was just quick and dirty research. I looked at 09 and couldn't find coupon A. I saw X and B. I stand corrected.
[+]
 Cerberus.Inglorion
Server: Cerberus
user: Inglorion
By Cerberus.Inglorion 2010-01-28 13:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd do that girl Chster from Titan...
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-28 13:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fully expecting a new expansion announcement and another AV hint. Anything else won't be "mind blowing".
[+]
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2010-01-28 14:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

One job to 80 sounds awesome, but then again, how often does SE add things we would actually want? >.<

I'd put money on a new endgame area. We've already seen screenshots of the place. Something like new avatars really wouldn't be mind-blowing. It'd really only effect SMN. More than likely, It'll be something generic.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2010-01-28 14:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotg endgame area anyone?
edit: ^ beat me to it lol
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-28 14:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What I'd like/what I think they'll do.

-New Avatar. Probably Atomos and/or Cait Sith. I'd like to see Phoenix.

-WoTG Endgame. It'll happen eventually.

-Unlocking a new continent via another xpac. I'm being hopeful. I'd like to see Far East and Zwah

- More Merits??? Would love to have magic and/or weapons broken up into separate categories. Singing/Wind/String not being a part of Healing/Enfeeb/Elemental/blahblah.

- Male Mithra!?! I'll always dream. Maybe if they release Zwah....

I can't think of anything else. I'd like to ride Fenrir as a mount, though. <_<;
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-28 14:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
They gonna nerf astral burns D:

Keep dreaming. They won't, and they realistically can't.
By Sabishii 2010-01-28 14:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:

Oh they would. They would ruin smn as a whole just to stop people from taking advantage of it.

Except they had several opportunities (patches) to do so, and they haven't.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-28 14:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:

Oh they would. They would ruin smn as a whole just to stop people from taking advantage of it.

SE loves SMN, even though they didn't go about the job right. LOOK AT HOW SHINY OUR AVATARS ARE, THEY SPARKLE. I realllly don't see them doing anything about it until someone creates a strategy that requires a bunch of Summoners to defeat AV.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-28 14:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll be adding bologna to go along with the cheese sandwhich.

Let's face it, it's going to be something laaaame like that -.-

Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2010-01-28 15:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If is a new soulsucking endgame area, I seriously hope they give gear that ALL jobs can use. Seriously, as a SCH, I need nothing from Sky gods and Einherjar. Don't get me started on Oracle Robe set...

/nerdrage
 Midgardsormr.Ouch
user: Ouch
By Midgardsormr.Ouch 2010-01-28 15:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

An increased level cap would be somewhat conflicted with the merit system, so I imagine an expansion of the merit system would be significantly more likely. The logistics of regrouping certain categories would probably be more effort than we can realistically expect Square Enix to make, but given how many people have multiple (frequently unrelated) jobs at level 75, I don't think it's unlikely that they may expand the point caps on certain categories (Combat Skill cap from 20 to 28 to allow for max meriting of a third weapon, for example).

I had always figured that Xarcabard (S) and Beaucedine (S) would have been some sort of endgame campaign zones for Wings of the Goddess. That ship has sailed, but I wouldn't be surprised see some sort of new endgame implemented before we see the end of the expansion. Personally, I'd like to see another event along the lines of Einherjar--an event with a shorter time limit which, instead of adding tons and tons of new gear, mixes in a few nice new pieces with alternative methods of obtaining some older gear.

I would be (pleasantly) surprised for Square Enix to announce another expansion. I would not be surprised if they were to announce additional add-on scenarios. I think full-blown expansions put too much pressure of the dev. team to add additional jobs. Quite honestly, I'd be perfectly fine with an expansion that just added new areas and contents without pushing additional jobs into the mix, but I imagine a number of others feel differently.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-28 15:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, how about Time Mage?

That'd be cool, too.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Ouch
user: Ouch
By Midgardsormr.Ouch 2010-01-28 15:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always thought Time Mage would be a pretty cool job addition. The only problem is that it might be a bit difficult to give it an identity strong enough from other mage jobs (since traditional time mage abilities have been given to other jobs) without making it completely broken (stuff like Haste II and Hastega, etc.).
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-01-28 15:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They will tell us how to get real lives and breed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-01-28 16:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheese Sandwich +2 and sub-sub jobs please!
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-28 16:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Ouch said:
I've always thought Time Mage would be a pretty cool job addition. The only problem is that it might be a bit difficult to give it an identity strong enough from other mage jobs (since traditional time mage abilities have been given to other jobs) without making it completely broken (stuff like Haste II and Hastega, etc.).

idc if they don't even give it spells, as long as their AF looks like the Doctor Who time lords, I would 75 main it >_>
First Page 2