Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Dealing with public perceptions
Dealing with public perceptions
 Phoenix.Zeotah
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Zeota
By Phoenix.Zeotah 2010-02-12 10:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Head butt's important and can be a lifesaver in many situations I'll give you that, but it isn't everything. I definitely agree with you on AF2 body though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-02-21 14:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Didnt read page one just read "Dealing with public perceptions" followed by "Head butt's important and can be a lifesaver in many situations I'll give you that, but it isn't everything". Considering I had just watched the old man beats up young guy vid I thought this was RL perceptions lol.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-02-22 01:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

lolblu as main heal. xDDD Maybe in a merit party.

I haven't really seen too many blu's and on low population servers people usually just take what they can get. The only bad things I hear people say about them are 'They're just an MP sponge', or 'They'll just feed the mob too much TP'.

I think it's one of those jobs that depend a lot of the player and what spells they have set. If the only thing you're doing is bludgeon, refueling and cocoon I can see how people would look negatively vs someone who was doing Diamond Hide and Magic Fruit/Carrot.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-02-22 03:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I see so many garbage BLUs, it really saddens me because I love the job and I think it's really powerful and versatile. The garbage BLUs are the ones that only wanna do physical attack spells and solo skillchains. These are important things for BLU but if that's all you wanna do then you fail.

Nyzul Isle for example is something a good BLU can really be useful, I used to go BLU to Nyzul before I leveled SAM and people used to say "wow didn't know BLU could be so good for this" and I was kind of surprised because I thought all BLUs did what I did. As I started to go SAM I got a chance to do Nyzul with other BLUs and I was truly shocked to see how crappy a garbage BLU could be.

I once had a BLU in my group and the floor was specified enemies : Chariots and this BLU didn't head butt a single aoe, he instead used disseverment a lot and gave the chariot massive TP enabling it to do even more aoes, obviously we wiped, our RDM couldn't cure fast enough. Versus chariots a good BLU with Homam can easily head butt every aoe the chariot throws if he/she focuses on that task, making the floor extremely easy.

Just the other night I was with the worst BLU ever, this guy didn't even have Magic Fruit set at all. BLU is so good as a backup cure, it can really save the day in this way. Solo or in pt I can't imagine not setting Magic Fruit. Also this guy didn't set Diamondhide (When I go BLU to nyzul Diamondhide was a huge lifesaver, I'd cast it once at the start of every floor and before and during boss fight to absorb aoe dmg, it really saved the RDM a lot of MP and hate). Also before we engaged the boss I specifically said I would 2 hour as SAM (since I'd gotten a revitalizer) at the start as to not be interrupted and of course as soon as I start my 3-way Light solo sc this crap BLU self-scs and fooks up my sc.

I know I'm taru and I have close to 900MP so i can afford to be more versatile, but if all you do is cast physical attack spells as BLU (other than when zerging) then you're not doing it right. BLU is such an amazing job to waste, it's a DD, a zerger, a healer, a nuker, a buffer, a stunner, an enfeebler and a sleeper all in one.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-02-22 11:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

iv seen alot of players do stupid crap on BLU one of them AoE so bad the Pt whiped lol

BLU is not that hard to play just take some tips of other BLU players and yo will be set just be smart on when and where you use AoE skills
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 11:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Never in merit party, please
 Fairy.Astakz
user: Astakz
By Fairy.Astakz 2010-02-22 11:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:

I think it's one of those jobs that depend a lot of the player and what spells they have set. If the only thing you're doing is bludgeon, refueling and cocoon I can see how people would look negatively vs someone who was doing Diamond Hide and Magic Fruit/Carrot.

In all places BLU could be the healer, except in a merit party, in which he is also one of the best DDs and can also rival a SAM (look for parses somewhere).

Back when I used to play I was a BLU75 myself and I only recall having invited a blu to my party once or twice, because i know MANY crappy blus and honestly I don't really like to invite sucky members.
My main LS was a blu ls and people used to party together, and even do blu burn (rarely), those were the ones i trusted, and the famous players with good gear, because even if they sucked with spells, they would have a good melee.

It's like not inviting a SAM75 to a merit party because he is using an Onikiri instead of a Hagun, the same happens with BLU, except you cannot see his spells so you obviously aren't going to invite him.
 Ragnarok.Titox
Server: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2010-02-22 13:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

http://zoome.jp/rapakya/diary/57 a blu solo fenrir

but yea.....blu get a bad name for the lolplayers that doesn't know how to play it.....blu is kind of close to pup as complicated job how to be use well in my opinion but i can be wrong though