Diamondhide/Enervation @67, Solo Xp Woes, Etc.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Diamondhide/Enervation @67, solo xp woes, etc.
Diamondhide/Enervation @67, solo xp woes, etc.
 Siren.Ashkente
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Ashkente
By Siren.Ashkente 2010-01-11 14:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it even remotely possible to solo them?
How many people am I gonna have to beg to help me farm them?

Or are there any BLUs on Siren that want to form a farming pt?
I have sea, etc., the only real obstacle to me learning spells is a lack of networking since my server xfer.

Is Campaign really my best xp option at 67?
Are there any new items from updates I should go camp?

There are too many bad BLUs, I refuse to become one.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-11 14:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You could solo at 74/75, but before then would be pretty dangerous seeing as the lowest level Trolls are level 71. Your best alternative to Campaign is Imps, but you're at kind of an awkward level for them. The ones in the Mire graveyard will be DC-T but you could kill all 3 then rest for repops (watch the skeles at night). You can easily cap EXP/min in Campaign with /DNC and later /SCH, so it's not a horrible option provided you've kept up with your rank. FoV in Cape Terrigan is a viable option if it's not too crowded as well.

Quote:
There are too many bad BLUs, I refuse to become one.
<3
 Siren.Ashkente
By Siren.Ashkente 2010-01-11 15:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'll campaign, I'm wings4.
As far as subs go, I think I'm set, got war/rdm/whm/dnc/thf/nin/sch.

FoV is always busy there, not sure I'm comfortable doing imps after a 5month break from the job.

I can always MMM for xp too whilst I finish up getting marbles for my koggelmander maze.

Just hoping I can get help farming spells, not having them as/before I level irritates the piss out of me.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-11 15:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For those spells, you shouldn't need more than 2 75s to help. DD and healer is efficient enough. If memory serves, I believe my 75 DNC friend helped a 60s BLU get those spells, just him and her.

Sylph.Skyforger
Server: Sylph
user: tluoto
By Sylph.Skyforger 2010-01-11 15:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

solo is possible and actually pretty easy as /bst, though I think I was around 70 when I soloed those spells for myself. Earlier is possible, but may need to pull trolls in areas with lower level pets (tigers, leeches, lesser colibris).

If you don't have /bst, it's another story though.

Good blus tend to get good pts, so campaign is not your only option. Bad thing is that all those bad blus have made blu invite rate to suck.

I personally lvld my blu mostly soloing/duoing as /bst.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
Server: Bismarck
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-01-11 15:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

if u know a good smn he can easy carby chill on troll to make them use there move or if u want to DD too use higher tier of BP n like stef said dnc can help u get them.

About expin yea u hit the worst part of blu where u cant solo/duo for good exp so have to rely on either campaign or FOV; i would suggest Ro'Meave for that, stay near entrance n pull with range atk.

At lv70 focus more on campaign with blu/sch, was able to beat exp i was gainin via FOV, at 72 iirc u learn aspir which is a beast with alacrity. u should hit 75 fast enough n grats^^ when u get 75 :P now the joy of meriting.
 Siren.Ashkente
By Siren.Ashkente 2010-01-13 12:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_search.php?&races[]=2&jobs[]=65536&level[0]=60&level[1]=75&weapon_id=3

That's the current situation on Siren.
I'm using Ifrit's, but I'm wondering when I should toss it, and what to upgrade it to.
It's gonna take me a while to make enough CP to buy a Snr.Msk. Scimitar, there's a single Aquan Slayer on the AH, but I can't decide if it's worth paying for.

Suggestions, I'm all ears.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-13 12:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I did them with just a nin to help out. Mostly stun lock back at like 60 or so. Some of the few spells I didn't solo. The lower lvl ones are 71... so at 67 you should be able to solo with stun locking possibly and have like a sleep spell or 2 as backup.

Despite what some sites might say most of the spells are soloable at or before the lvl you can use them if you are careful and go slow. Tacos help too. These the lamia spells, mind blast, and body slam and asuran claws er and the corse one, are the only spells I think I didn't solo around the lvl and all but 2 I didn't even bother with sleeping or usually set healing lol. Well I still don't have ram charge or the sub zero smash but still. Headbutt is your friend