WTB Beast Slayer
 Odin.Yakoo
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Yakoo
By Odin.Yakoo 2009-12-21 02:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello people on Odin,

I would like to buy Beast Slayer for 100k.
If you have any T1 Qiqirn Pop Item left and want to sell that sword (because you would it drop anyway), please send me a PM or /tell ingame.
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-21 02:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an over-rated sword, you're better off with an Erlking's / Perdu Combo.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-21 02:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize you should be able to solo it right? And as far as zeni picks well that's pretty easy too especially just 1ks worth.

Also I'd much rather have it then erklings. Seriously my acc is pretty much always capped anyways and beastkiller has certainly saved my bacon. Not to mention dex stat mod to help dmg more than a little acc and other stats you can get on erklings are meh and it's base dmg is kinda lame not that that is the real concern as blu but whatever. That being said I rarely use it since I got koggles
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-21 02:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD NIN BLU and WAR arent very good jobs for him to solo this guy.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-21 02:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu wouldn't be too bad. Run in disservement run out. Maybe some cannonballing wouldn't be too bad. Rng should be decent assuming you are used to and know how to play a solo kiting rng. Pld um no thanks and nin take forever.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-21 02:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN could do it at nighttime with a decent build and merited SAN spells aswell as skill. BLU, you'd need max MP merits, auto refresh, regional refresh, and relic body just to keep MP somewhat use-able, and even then it would be tight. And because this NM runs so fast, even with Trotters/Skadi/Wyrmals, you wouldn't be able to do this on RNG because you have to turn around and shoot, unless you had alot of Rapid Shot Gear, Merits, and Luck.
 Odin.Yakoo
Server: Odin
user: Yakoo
By Odin.Yakoo 2009-12-21 02:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is, at the moment I have not that much time for FFXI to collect Zeni or solo. Ive done this fight multiple time, always as pld/nin for catching his attacks and two other helpers (brd/rdm/thf and blm). my best treasure was armadillo legs :/
and as sindri already said, I dont have really a job to solo this one.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-21 02:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize people solo this without any movement speed right? And as far as getting ranged attacks off rdms get T3 spells off just fine. Without movement speed. It doesn't regen so really any dmg over time will kill it

As far as time I normally could get like full invent of photos in about 15-20min for 60-99 zeni each then turn them in rq at end of day turn in more at begining afk for an hour or 2 repeat
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-21 02:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranged Attacks you have to turn, and have a clear view of the mob, you can cast T3's as long has hes in range. I'm not saying impossible without movement for some jobs, but for RNG its not possible even with. BLU maybe, but like I said still looking at an extremely close fight because of MP constrictions.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-21 03:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I've heard people say same things about rng before, but I had a friend who solo'd Nms kiting them all the time. Really if turning around and shooting with a machine xbow takes more time then casting a T3 spell something is really really wrong. Or said rdm is chainspelling or using alacrity

A friend of mine recently watched a rng actually solo some of the new nms like that. But he seemed to probably have windower/spellcast cause he would litterally blink stop and start shooting animation pretty much instantly while otherwise you'd probably lose a good .5 sec doing without. Still quite doable with only losing 1 shadow at most. Especially when this mob does his weird run away thing. Now yes it is kinda sucky to get 1 shot per shadow lost or more if he triple attacks. Also there is the Shadowbinding and barraging with a more dmging weapon every 5 min or so depending on tp. Like say maybe culverin. Also Unlimited shotting a sky god wind every 3 min or so depending on tp.

But would much rather do on blu. And mp wouldn't be a concern unless you are meleeing it. In the end if you are running low just run in circles in the center and get it back. Unfortunately It's immune to poison which means much slower kills but meh. You should still be getting about 60 mp a min so use whatever is the most dmg effective for that. You could pretty much do a regurgiation every min and break even. Or still do whatever phsyical spell and run away. It will take awhile and be alot of running but meh.
 Siren.Stewie
Server: Siren
user: Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2009-12-21 03:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It runs away and gives you time to rest MP. A lot. When I solo'd it on RDM I just spammed T3 and payed no attention to my MP and did fine, no movement speed etc. Just run in circles when you're out of MP and wait for it to run away. When it drops 5 mines you can rest, 1 it will be back before you can even get 1 tic in.