Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » Re: Linkshell Community
Re: Linkshell Community
 Midgardsormr.Edy
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Edy
By Midgardsormr.Edy 2008-10-09 10:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi can anyone help me get on to my Official Linkshell community page? For some reason about 2 months ago I can't get access . I keep getting the error 'The server is currently busy and will be unable to properly transmit data. Please try again later. '

No matter how long I try or how many times I try this keeps happening. I can't see any help files on this. Can anyone there please help?

BTW - I am typing my correct Password and Username etc.
 Midgardsormr.Aasa
user: Aasa
By Midgardsormr.Aasa 2008-10-09 11:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

See if you have some sort of firewall app running. I had BlackIce (cisco I think) service running and I had the same issues.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-10-09 12:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The LS POL site gives this generic (and completely unhelpful) error for every potential problem with the service. It's pretty lame and shoddy error reporting, but the most common causes are:

1) Your time zone information with their site has gone wonky and you must completely log out, enter back into the site through the front page, and re-select your time zone.

2) Your character's profile URL has changed (which it does randomly and somewhat frequently) and you're now trying to go to a non-existent page.
 Midgardsormr.Edy
By Midgardsormr.Edy 2008-10-09 23:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Tha ks for the info on this. I checked my timezone and its correct, also completely logged off and re-logged but still the same message.

Jaerik - you mentioned characters profile URL changing, what can I do about this?

PS - The funny thing is that according to ffxiah.com it can scan my job that I'm currently on butdoes not update any of my other jobs. For example my BLM is 65 and next to my profile picture it states this, but in the box that shows all my jobs I am still 32?! Weird...
 Midgardsormr.Edy
By Midgardsormr.Edy 2008-10-12 10:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I figured it out. Nothing to do with URL or PW or anything. I use Firefox and when I switch back to IE it all works again :)
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-10-12 15:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I use firefox too, i cant recall having a problem with the LS shell site tho. One thing i do hate about that site is they dont encrypt your ID and pass. So when i do log in there i always change my password in POL. !!
I find it interesting that SE warns about protecting your info, yet one of the games sites does not.