Link | Quote | Reply

Just did mine as well
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-12-17 08:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda curious as to how big of a pool the beta will be. Anyone know how big FFXI's beta pool was?
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-12-17 08:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Fairy.Teknos said:
My big question is if you get to keep your beta account when the game is released and basically get a jump start on the game.
It's in the TOS, no.

I didn't take the time to read it. could you copy paste it here google docs or w/e
god no
Quote:
3.2 Accumulated Data during Testing Period ALL DATA GENERATED DURING THE BETA TEST BELONGS TO COMPANY. DATA ACCUMULATED BY BETA TESTER DURING BETA TESTING WILL NOT BE TRANSFERRED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, OVER TO THE PUBLICLY RELEASED VERSION OF FINAL FANTASY XIV OR ANY OTHER SUBSEQUENTLY LAUNCHED ONLINE SERVICE. BETA TESTER WILL BE REQUIRED TO START NEW CHARACTERS AT THAT TIME.

3.3 ... The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to delete, alter, or relocate Recorded Data at any time, for any reason or no reason, and without notice.

I also like this one:
Quote:
2.6 .... IN OTHER WORDS, YOU MAY NOT POST OR PUBLISH IN ANY WAY YOUR EXPERIENCE IN THE BETA TEST OR YOUR OPINION OF THE NON-RETAIL VERSION OF FINAL FANTASY XIV ONLINE.

It's basically the same as for any beta release. Either way, I signed up yesterday. ^_^b
 Remora.Yuukina
Server: Remora
user: Yuukina
By Remora.Yuukina 2009-12-17 09:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I messed myself over. I applied on the japanese site (my POL account is jaapnese), then i bought FFXIII.... I got a free beta code with the game, and now if i go back to the application website (the one from the card from FFXIII) it says i've already applied. I better get selected, or i'll be pissed. You are meant to get a special item from the FFXIII beta-key as well :(
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-12-17 09:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Segaia said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Will wait for PS3. kthnxbye.
See ya in 2014, when the PS3 limitation-problem has been solved. XD

If anything there will be 360 limitations if Microsoft wants in. :P
 Caitsith.Mougurijin
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Mougurijin 2009-12-17 09:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
I wonder if telling SE I still play FFXI on dialup will help me >;3
I'm playing FFXI with crappy onboard integrated graphics which doesn't even do Transform and Lighting (TnL) that FFXI needs -- I probably shouldn't mention that either if I apply...
I doubt I could get FF14 to run on this piece of junk anyway. ; ;
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-12-17 09:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't even start without TnL :<
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-12-17 10:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

/
 Shiva.Nightraid
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-12-17 10:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

People on BG are saying that maybe they are looking for certain Criteria's in the Applications such as;

Many people gave the "rate the FF series" 100, maybe they are looking for people with 90 and below that will give proper Critical Analysis of the Game instead of an FF Fanboy saying "YES THE GAME IS GREAT"

I dont know, probably not true, im starting to wish i could re send my App :(
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-12-17 10:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Yuukina said:
I messed myself over. I applied on the japanese site (my POL account is jaapnese), then i bought FFXIII.... I got a free beta code with the game, and now if i go back to the application website (the one from the card from FFXIII) it says i've already applied. I better get selected, or i'll be pissed. You are meant to get a special item from the FFXIII beta-key as well :(

Guessing they wont put a Beta Key in the NA/Eu Version of FFXIII? -.-
 Ragnarok.Reze
Server: Ragnarok
user: Reze
By Ragnarok.Reze 2009-12-17 10:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
I'm kinda curious as to how big of a pool the beta will be. Anyone know how big FFXI's beta pool was?

I was in the American closed & open Beta for the US release. During closed beta they sent out I'd say maybe 50 JPS2s with HD's and a JP copy of FFXI with a free temporary POL account, mostly to check latency and connection issues. Anyone in the closed was automatically enrolled in the open- and those were the first to play the english version on the Cactaur server. On any given time there were ususally around 450 online so, I'd say maybe 750 total? The 360 beta was open as well, and that was open to whoever got themselves an issue of Xbox magazine, installed the beta version and signed up.
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-12-17 14:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nightraid said:
People on BG are saying that maybe they are looking for certain Criteria's in the Applications such as;

Many people gave the "rate the FF series" 100, maybe they are looking for people with 90 and below that will give proper Critical Analysis of the Game instead of an FF Fanboy saying "YES THE GAME IS GREAT"

I dont know, probably not true, im starting to wish i could re send my App :(
Well then I doubt I'm getting in. . . I put "101" but it was a joke xD
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-17 14:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they will also see if your telling the truth especially the ones that put their POL ID for the question of if you still play XI.

I know all my info is the same and I didn't put 100, I think I put 95.

Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-12-17 14:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

:3 That last question should be a biggie too shouldn't it? Because if you are a admin on a FF/FFXI/FFXIV/Se fan based website. . .might be a little risky because you can tell people about the game, but also they might respect that people have fan-based websites and feel they respect FFXIV beta privacy.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-17 14:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe i should apply on my mule account as well. hmm, it has a different POL ID and such hehe
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-12-17 14:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
maybe i should apply on my mule account as well. hmm, it has a different POL ID and such hehe

Eh? It says somewhere on there that Multiple Submissions will invalidate all of them. Maybe they will do an IP check or something. XD
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-12-17 15:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cannot IP check, lot of people use shared IP :/
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-17 16:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
Cannot IP check, lot of people use shared IP :/

yea, and not everyone have a static IP adress.

Although, they probably look at your name and adress, but that wont prevent me from applying on my mule account for my g/f, if she get Beta and dont wanna play, well then im just gonna have to help her out, right?
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-12-17 19:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I applied from work :< And we were several to do it from work. Won't be able to establish any link between where I work and where I live beside the area, but several millions people lives in there :d
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-17 19:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
I applied from work :< And we were several to do it from work. Won't be able to establish any link between where I work and where I live beside the area, but several millions people lives in there :d

True, but i recall you had to actually write your name an adress?
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-12-17 19:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah used my RL info, just in case they decide to send you your login info using a letter. This is a common process to instantly prevents anyone who entered fake personal information to participate in a beta. Also they might send us the DVD directly through mail. (like Microsoft do for its testers).
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Server: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-12-17 19:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
Also they might send us the DVD directly through mail. (like Microsoft do for its testers).
This explains why nothing Microsoft has engineered has come out decently except the Sidewinder Joystick and Mouse.
The betas get lost in the mail!
 Midgardsormr.Tutone
Server: Midgardsormr
user: TuTone
By Midgardsormr.Tutone 2009-12-18 09:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is legit? after going to north america, I was taking to a site asking for square-enix id, pass, and key logger pass, so I didnt register.
 Kujata.Erim
Server: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2009-12-18 09:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Tutone said:
This is legit? after going to north america, I was taking to a site asking for square-enix id, pass, and key logger pass, so I didnt register.

Yes it's legit, you can register a new account there and apply under that account as well. They don't ask for your POL ID with its password.

They do ask for your POL ID later in the application however and if you're stilling playing, but not the password. At least not that I can remember.

Also, I received an email from Square not long after linking to the same website because I signed up for their newsletter. I think it's fair to assume it's safe.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-12-18 09:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Erim said:
Also, I received an email from Square not long after linking to the same website because I signed up for their newsletter. I think it's fair to assume it's safe.
Same.

Also, if you follow links on the page, you'll get to their more common pages with links back to the signup.
 Midgardsormr.Tutone
Server: Midgardsormr
user: TuTone
By Midgardsormr.Tutone 2009-12-18 10:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you very much, i read thru the first 2 pages, and seen people touch on the issue, but didnt really go into depth about it, suddenly I feel sickness kicking in and feel like I need to leave work lol, damn work has the site filtered out.