Talar For Blu FAIL Atm :( ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Talar for Blu FAIL atm :( ?
Talar for Blu FAIL atm :( ?
First Page 2
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-16 15:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

based on the slot attributes on Talar
the evolith that can fit them seem
very Fail for Blu atm

[thndr upFld.T= vs fam rng att]
[ice upFldT=Vs. Fam Mag Att]
[wind up empty.upT=Skill Recst Dly-

all fail for a blu body
note: blu p.att= empty upT ice
blu p.acc= empty upT water
which this body cnnt hold :(

Lets hope/pray concordia turns out better

Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-16 15:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That may just be what that person put on it. I haven't etched any multiple slot stuff but I have done a few that had options you could chose from. Also that person looks like they almost failed in etching it considering how low the numbers were.

I seriously doubt the swd can beat HQ staffs for magical spells and even perdu/koggles for physical
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-16 15:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
That may just be what that person put on it. I haven't etched any multiple slot stuff but I have done a few that had options you could chose from. Also that person looks like they almost failed in etching it considering how low the numbers were. I seriously doubt the swd can beat HQ staffs for magical spells and even perdu/koggles for physical

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Synergy/Item_Inscription/All_Recipes
size #'s,shape and the attributes won't change.
when you trade the gear to npc he tells you
the attribute and shapes and size # that fit the peticular
gear traded so this never changes.

and I agree with you on the sword part
we're hoping to get a new main hand weapon
if concordia lets you add crit rate%+,ws att+14,and
blu p.acc+ p.att plus the 46 dam just migh be best main well have to see and pray lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-16 15:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it doesn't change I'm just saying there are options on some and that maybe he chose different ones. If you look closely Talar isn't on there (so I'm guessing your going by a SS) but there are ones on there that can only be etched once but you can chose between the 2 different ones on there.

For example Koenig shield only has room for 1 aperature but can be outfitted with 1 of 2 different slots. Not only that but even if you have the option of getting a 6 a barely succede can get you a 1
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-16 15:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I know it doesn't change I'm just saying there are options on some and that maybe he chose different ones. If you look closely Talar isn't on there (so I'm guessing your going by a SS) but there are ones on there that can only be etched once but you can chose between the 2 different ones on there. For example Koenig shield only has room for 1 aperature but can be outfitted with 1 of 2 different slots. Not only that but even if you have the option of getting a 6 a barely succede can get you a 1

Yeah that is true I was going by the SS
hopefully you can add the blu p. att/acc attributes
I hope some 1 who has Talar will trade it to npc and
post results to give more insight on Talar
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-16 15:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
I hope some 1 who has Talar will trade it to npc and post results to give more insight on Talar

This. And not just that but all of them. These SS tell so little. Especially since I was under the impression alot of different slots were available on them and well supposedly each slot you put in makes it harder to put another one in (ie more likely to get smaller size than what is actually possible). Wiki needs a bigger list for etchings though. I mean ok sure I can see not having alot of the normal items cause we haven't found out yet. But the new stuff is like duh it all has it. And it's not like there aren't enough of them going around at only 2mil there are plenty of people that would do it for shits and giggles.

Also it seems that some of the evoliths don't fit the patterns that are posted on the wiki table. Like the shape will so you still know if it is ability ws magic skill or vs family but the specifics some are differing on a little. Hard to tell though since that list isn't organized in any fashion to actually be able to find anything... unless you for some reason want to look up by alphabetical on mob what evolith it has. But really should be the other way around find the evolith you want then mob
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-16 16:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Odin.Kalico said:
I hope some 1 who has Talar will trade it to npc and post results to give more insight on Talar
This. And not just that but all of them. These SS tell so little. Especially since I was under the impression alot of different slots were available on them and well supposedly each slot you put in makes it harder to put another one in (ie more likely to get smaller size than what is actually possible). Wiki needs a bigger list for etchings though. I mean ok sure I can see not having alot of the normal items cause we haven't found out yet. But the new stuff is like duh it all has it. And it's not like there aren't enough of them going around at only 2mil there are plenty of people that would do it for shits and giggles. Also it seems that some of the evoliths don't fit the patterns that are posted on the wiki table. Like the shape will so you still know if it is ability ws magic skill or vs family but the specifics some are differing on a little. Hard to tell though since that list isn't organized in any fashion to actually be able to find anything... unless you for some reason want to look up by alphabetical on mob what evolith it has. But really should be the other way around find the evolith you want then mob

go on here best info so far imo about the evoliths available documented
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Evoliths
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Evolith
http://http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hunt_Registry

edit: added more links to evoliths
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-16 16:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I know it is there hence me mentioning the table and horrible it is organized lol. Not to mention you can't do a find search for a certain slot lol. Well not exactly but kinda sorta though wont always work right
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2009-12-18 12:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Yeah that is true I was going by the SS
hopefully you can add the blu p. att/acc attributes
I hope some 1 who has Talar will trade it to npc and
post results to give more insight on Talar

Why the hell would you want to put physical spell enhancements on it? You should be casting in your AF body, and there's no way this could possibly beat it.

If this were to be used for anything beyond just Utsusemi, it would be for nuking. In that case, you'll want a good chunk of Thunder or Dark MAB for this to be considered over Errant.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-18 13:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said:
Quote:
Yeah that is true I was going by the SS hopefully you can add the blu p. att/acc attributes I hope some 1 who has Talar will trade it to npc and post results to give more insight on Talar
Why the hell would you want to put physical spell enhancements on it? You should be casting in your AF body, and there's no way this could possibly beat it. If this were to be used for anything beyond just Utsusemi, it would be for nuking. In that case, you'll want a good chunk of Water or Dark MAB (or maybe thunder or fire) for this to be considered over Errant.

actually this peice won't be better than anything out
for nuke,melee,or p.spell casting between relic,af+1 and morrigans
it don't get any better than that. As stated in title this
body is probably fail just like acp.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2009-12-18 16:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone has Morrigan's, so really all these needs to be is better than Errant to be a worthwhile. For example, for Eyes on Me you would need 5 dark MAB or more to be better than Errant.

And ACP body wasn't fail for BLU. If you can't think of a way to use it for BLU, you aren't looking hard enough. Now if you can think of a better way to use it for a different job, that's an entirely different matter.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-18 16:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ACP body is fail for blu!!! Tping you should be in relic or idk maybe homam or something with acc. Physical spells af. Theres alot of peices that win on casting magic dmg spells. Savage blade/expicaion morrigan much much better or even crimson/blood. About the only real use it has is vorpal blade. Yeah cause that's a ws I use alot of enought to waste my acp body on.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2009-12-18 16:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You never use your strongest WS? And once again, not everyone has Morrigan's- so for most people, this would be a good choice for all WS.

Alternatively, you could also put Fast Cast on it for a Utsusemi piece and/or Enmity if you like to tank.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-18 16:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The strongest ws's dmg pales in comparison to my skillchain dmg.

I don't have morrigan's either or blood which would also win on the other 2 ws. But really af+1 is about the same as ACP body as well as enkidu's. Even af body is close.

Completeling a whole expansion for a peice that is barely better than my af body only on wsing which is a very small portion of my blus dmg is fail. Especially when you have to choose between that and something else that is actually idk way better than what you can easily. That's like a war choosing +10att/acc for his ACP body.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2009-12-18 16:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're saying 5 STR/DEX is the same as 5 STR/DEX and +10 Attack +10 Accuracy. Okay, I can see what I'm saying is wasted.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-18 16:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said:
So you're saying 5 STR/DEX is the same as 5 STR/DEX and 10 Attack 10 Accuracy. Okay, I can see what I'm saying is wasted.

Seems you can't read here I'll bold it
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I don't have morrigan's either or blood which would also win on the other 2 ws. But really af+1 is about the same as ACP body as well as enkidu's.
10acc/att isn't really gunna help savage/expicaions dmg taht much. Hence about as good
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-18 16:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
The strongest ws's dmg pales in comparison to my skillchain dmg.
Depending on your buffs and whether you merited CA recast it's entirely possible to get 100 TP twice over before CA is up again. That's usually a merit situation though.
Quote:
blood
Wrong, sorry. Competitive before ACC/Attack on Savage Blade, but Blood Scale Mail is a clear loser for Expiacion.
Quote:
But really af 1
No. ACC/Attack.
Quote:
enkidu's.
Fair point, though with ACP body I no longer need Enkidu's and I really don't have any more compelling use for it right now unless I reaugment it into FC/Enmity for tanking.
Quote:
Completeling a whole expansion for a peice that is barely better than my af body only on wsing which is a very small portion of my blus dmg is fail. Especially when you have to choose between that and something else that is actually idk way better than what you can easily. That's like a war choosing 10att/acc for his ACP body.
Marginal increases, etc. You are bearing in mind swaps you can make elsewhere as a result of the extra acc in the body slot over AF+1, right?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-18 17:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of merit situations well and lolcampaign when I'm somehow not tanking, I rarely get 100% tp by the 1 min mark unless I just sit there and melee and/or decent amounts of haste. Waiting to skillchain on tp is kinda fail when you already have to wait on CA.

On expiacion ACP body adds 2.745 to base dmg assuming you haven't hit fstr cap which lets face it is pretty easy for a blu equipping str spells to do on non HNMs at or past the fstr cap it's only 1.245. Blood/crimson will 2.49(2.739). Sure there is the marginal increase from attack and acc but it is only a 2 hit ws.

As far as the acc letting me do other swaps... nope it don't. Being as the most of my dmg comes from spells I generally am eating sushi with swd merits and suppa and acc bonus job trait. If my acc isn't capped theres something wrong.

I'm not saying it's a horrible peice. Just that there are comparable/better options out there that are easy to hard to get. While ACP has the potential of being the best body for any number of situations for alot of jobs. And really if small increases in your ws dmg even make a dent in your overall dmg as a blu... you need to cast alot more
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2009-12-18 17:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm not saying it's a horrible peice
Quote:

O rly
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-18 18:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said:
Quote:
I'm not saying it's a horrible peice

Quote:
O rly
What I really said is. I'm not saying it's a horrible peice. Just that there are comparable/better options out there that are easy to hard to get.

And, ACP body is fail for blu.

Yes all that effort for mediocre gains is kinda fail. Sure it isn't bad but really any job can find a use in it doesn't mean they shouldn't use it for something else.

Either way even for vorpal blading +10acc and +crit hit would probably beat 10att/acc. Normally if I remember right I'm usually hovering around 400att no buffs. For example sake since numbers are up on them and well one of the few situations where you should be getting tp fast enough well use greater colibri. Frankly if you can't cap acc on them even with just pizza let alone sushu theres probably something wrong but whatever.

The lvl 82 ones have a def of 327. Let's say the only debuff on them is dia III and you have no attack buffs cause you have no brd or cor and Triumphant roar is usually a waste of mp/time and and there is no dnc and no one else to give def down and blu wasting mp on such is kinda a waste in this situation. That puts the mobds def at 277.

Ratio of attack def 400/277= 1.44 or 1.48 with another 10 att

Cratio= ratio - .05*lvl difference= 1.09 or 1.13 with another 10 att.

max pdif=1.2*Cratio= 1.308 or 1.356 with another 10 att or 3.6% dmg increase

min pdif=1.2*Cratio - .5= .808 or .856 with another 10 att or 5.9% dmg increase.

On weaker stuff you might just cap pdif which would make the att completely useless. But as you can see 10att doesn't really add that much to ws dmg. I mean even say your hitting 1k average vorpal blades that's still only another 36-59 more dmg. Oh and crit hits add a full 1 to pdif which is a pretty big jump even if it only happens on 1 hit.

I can do the math later on expiacion/savage blade to figure out how much more the differences from ws mods if your wearing blood etc.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2009-12-18 18:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What I really said is. I'm not saying it's a horrible peice. Just that there are comparable/better options out there that are easy to hard to get.

And, ACP body is fail for blu.

You can't say something is not bad in one breath, and in the next say it's fail.

It all compounds. No individual piece of gear automatically makes you amazing.

And if you really were thinking only about Vorpal Blade (or other critical-based WS on other jobs), yes the +critical would be better. 10 attack is for the other WS not affected by +critical.
Quote:
I can do the math later on expiacion/savage blade to figure out how much more the differences from ws mods if your wearing blood etc.

There's no need. This is better than Crimson/Blood, but worse than Morrigan's for Savage/Expiacion. But even if it was worse, once again you fail to realize that not everyone has Crimson Mail (it's not particularly easy to get). Something only needs to be better than what you are using currently to be desirable. Enkidu would be more comparable, and if you have that the difference really would make the upgrade quite negligible.
 Remora.Abriel
Server: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 00:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

actually I consider ACP body with 3% DW and 10 acc a much stronger piece than relic for blu when in combat (you should always be using a refresh body when you're just standing there). generally it's going to increase your melee dps by 5.9~7+% over relic depending on acc, accounting for ~82% of your time spent while engaged considering you'll most likely cast at least 3 spells during a 40~50 sec engagement taking around 3 sec. out of your autto-attack time each (1 dd + 2 support).

spell damage should range from 430 to ~1800 (self SC) in most situations you'll use /nin (comparable merit level range). so average spell damage is going to be ~1k damage, that fair? that's actually a bit higher than normal I think, but any way.

so assuming you're only auto-attacking for ~82% engagement time with ~45 sec engagements that's ~37 sec. that comes out to 13.375 attack rounds w/ relic and 13.935 w/ dw mirke, not very impressive but with time variance you'll lose a round with relic or gain a round with dw mirke on average of 60% of the time within this time range of 40~50 sec.

one attack round, that's pretty laughable I guess, huh? let's see about the damage gained. assuming you're eating pizza and getting min. x2 that's ~67 d/hit with relic and ~68 d/hit with dw mirke (67.44 and 68.796 more or less so on average). this is for 11-16 attack rounds, 22-32 attacks, 23ish-33.5ish with brutal. eh, let's do it this way (since I lost myself on that train of thought... lol);

rounds attacks damage increse%
11:12 22:24 1474:1632 10.72
12:12 24:24 1608:1632 1.49
12:13 24:26 1608:1768 9.95
13:13 26:26 1742:1768 1.49
13:14 26:28 1742:1904 9.3
14:14 28:28 1876:1904 1.49
14:15 28:30 1876:2040 8.69
15:15 30:30 2010:2040 1.49
15:16 30:32 2010:2176 8.26

(I didn't want to take it further than the nearest one-hundreth of a percent because the numbers are already a bit off as is)

round that down : 5 - 1.49, 1 - 10.72, 1 - 9.95, 2 - 9.3, 2 - 8.69, 1 - 8.26, comes out to 7.24% total increase in this case. now this isn't including the acc increase in cases you'd below cap (with a good build your normal acc value should be ~425 give or take)

relic is going to give you 20~25% increase in mp regeneration per tic. but, what this really means is that you'll have regenerated enough mp to cast a big spell ~9 seconds faster (give or take according to down time between enemy engagement which can vary widely dependent on the situation, decreasing the over all time when swapping with a refresh piece. also according to tic's lost during swapping gear for spells or WSs), in that time it's also possible to get ~408 melee damage off (about the same damage you get out of a spell that misses a hit, possibly two).

now that I actually look over all of it, they are going to be more or less equal. one giving you minimally more spells to cast over time the other increasing your melee dps. I'm sure the situation would decree which would increase your damage the most, but it's going to be a very small increase going either way and I really don't want to spend another few hours figuring it out right now, lol.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 00:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

just going to add this now since it'd be a situation where either would clearly win. if you can utilize an enemy's damage weakness do it, use relic if it's blunt/piercing, mirke if it's slashing, if there is no weakness, hell it doesn't matter which really.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 01:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said:
Quote:
There's no need. This is better than Crimson/Blood, but worse than Morrigan's for Savage/Expiacion. But even if it was worse, once again you fail to realize that not everyone has Crimson Mail (it's not particularly easy to get). Something only needs to be better than what you are using currently to be desirable. Enkidu would be more comparable, and if you have that the difference really would make the upgrade quite negligible.
They are closer than you think and pretty situational.

So lets start with weapons. I main hand perdu now fstr caps are determined by weapon rank which is done by non latent weapon dmg but that doesn't matter cause it goes in tiers of 9s and there are very few swds out there that blu can use that beat 44 dmg. Makes it a rank 4 weapon giving it an upper fstr cap of 12 which happens at 44 dstr. Greater colibri have 67 vit so you need at least 111 str to cap fstr. That is rediculously easy I mean nekkid without I have 82. If you can't find another 29 str from non body... theres something wrong. Also note I'm an int merited taru. Other races and str merited people can get to it much easier.

So at this point were coming up against mods vs mods and lol 10 attack.

Though to really find this out by % this is better as far as stat mods go need full stats and such to figure out base dmg on ws. So without further ado.

Nekkid in my normal spell setup which still lacks some merits in assimilations I have 77str 53mnd and 74int. My kinda meh ws general spell gear excluding body has +35 str and -3int. For a grand total of 53mnd 112str 71int. Without bodies. Obviously 5 more str for ACP and 10 more int/mnd for crimson body. Obviously if I really cared to make seperate sets I could do much better. Get rid of blood ring for aqua/flame for obvious starter or int/mnd legs, whatever the gigas braclet is, but it's a good decent set with decent amounts of dex to for most my spells.

Weapon dmg is 44 fstr as previously stated was 12 so before stat mods 56 base dmg.

Savage blade 30% str 50% mnd. Both of which will be lvl corrected by .83 since your at lvl 75.

ACP body would be .83*(.3*117 + .5*53)= 51 bring base dmg to 107.
Crimson would be .83*(.3*112+ .5*63)= 54 bring base dmg to 110. So 2.8% increase. Pretty much what you'd get from the 10 attack cept his is more consistent.

Expiacion is 30% int and str modded.

ACP body would be .83*(.3*117+ .3*71)= 46 bring base dmg to 102.
Crimson would be .83*(.3*112+ .3*81)= 48 bring base dmg to 104. Which is a 1.9% increase.

Now lets figure how much 10 attack will do in a more normal merit setup.

I hit 364 attack no buffs in my ws gear. Since it is only lol birds sushi is a bit overkill though depending on merits and other dex and stuff no acc might be to low so lets use marinara pizza for another 55att so 419 now. Lets say your 2nd back line job is a cor. A meritted cor should be able to keep Chaos roll on either 11 or lucky number. And if there theres a drk in pt or they have the relic proc that is 35-41% to attack. Lets say 35% so 565 attack.

Now to see how bad it can do lets use the 1 lvl lower colibri. Which are lvl 81 and base 322 def. Let's Dia III it to 272 def. Then frightful roar it down to 244 def. Could do more if got acid bolted instead or alot more it angon or some other ws. And can even be added with box step but really doubtful you'll get all that off each mob or even have that all in your pt setup and besides as you'll see later it doesn't matter.

So your ratio would be 565/244=2.32 without and 579/244=2.37 with 10att on body.

Cratio= ratio - .05*lvl difference= 2.02 or 2.07 with ACP.

Cratio for melee caps at 2.0 so that +10 attack litterally did nothing.

Easier mobs this will be even easier to do on. Especially lower lvl since lvl correction really kills. For non tarus with better ws sets even easier. Hell my ws set has like 0+att in it unless you count suppa. Also note that higher lvl harder mobs you will probably have more attack support and/or more def down on the mob which can sorta help even that out. You might even use Triumpant roar lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 01:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Abriel said:
just going to add this now since it'd be a situation where either would clearly win. if you can utilize an enemy's damage weakness do it, use relic if it's blunt/piercing, mirke if it's slashing, if there is no weakness, hell it doesn't matter which really.
I'm assuming your saying this cause blu has a really good peircing spell and several good blunt ones but lackes decent slashing ones... while at the same time swd is slashing. That being said Vertical cleave just rocks slashing weak mobs. Though it doesn't really rarely matters since the only familys that are slashing weak are hounds and doomed. Oddly enough though ending darkness on them still rocks even more so then usually lol.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 02:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

not really, but the slashing moves worth using are more costly than our blunt or piercing, and there aren't many good multi-hit slashers which furthers the bonus to a more average high, you just don't want to be spamming the spell as often as the other two is what I mean. and yeah, one shotting those mobs with darkness is pretty danmed fun, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 02:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I find your spell dmg numbers a little off unless your casting in full tp gear on non skillchain and don't equip much dex/str. Especially considering the difference in skillchain dmg. Especially since you figure lvl 2 skillchain which is what you will most likely be doing is only 60% unresisted so that would make your closing spell 1125 while without CA your saying it is more like 430..

Is there any multi hit slashing spells or for that matter any decent one beside Vertical cleave? And either way I'd tp in homam before mirke. If only cause it looks way cooler and the triple attack might beat DW getting to 100% tp... somewhat dependent on the swds you have and if you got suppa to see how much it lowers your tp per hit. Well and store tp.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 03:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

calculations were including suppa, the increase would be small enough to more easily say relic would win in prety much all situations otherwise.

430 is about the average low I see from spells when missing a hit or two (that happens on average more than I'd like to admit with a strong build) on mobs that have no bonus to damage, and I don't quite remember why I added this. average spell damage I see in most cases, where no extra damage is taken, is closer to ~800 (I should have added in the average damage of non-CA spells for more clarity) and the fact that you may not be able to solo SC every other enemy in this instance (time overlap and the possibility of not having CA merits) is what led me to the added comment. what I normally see from solo distortion is ~440 WS + ~1100 spell + 500 sc (when unresisted, in some cases doubled) but sadly SC damage is resisted all too often (stupid lolupdate was a lot of help), solo darkness is more or less the same with much greater SC damage, but I tried to stay away from this because a miss will greatly reduce the average damage (VC still boggles me because it can either be very accurate or miss all over the place, and I still haven't quite figured out if it needs ample acc gear or not when used with CA). from absolute highs I've seen as much as ~3.4k total with darkness, but it's very rare (don't get me started on quatrubs, I so hate them... lol).

where the enemy will have a weakness to spell damage (type or affinity) I've seen some wild damage, but I had opted to leave this out because I was trying to show the average situation for merit level type events (yes, we all know that the primary merit camp is now birds, but I was trying to stay away from that can of worms, lol).

the comment about multi-hit slashing was incase anyone was going to try making an argument for claw cyclone or asuran claws, since they are multi-hit, lol. after that, spinal cleave and death scissors can be very decent when their affinity and/or damage type is taken into account for their respective situation (lol, big list there), though it is more so unorthodox setting them.

wind-tunnel, wind-tunnel, practice, field, I know, I know. the scary part is that this is only one aspect of the job's abilities, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 04:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually keep suppa and brutal and blood ring and chiv even when I'm using my spell/ws set. But yeah that 400 was like huh!?! I should probably change a few of those around but meh until I start using windower maccros don't feel like it.

Asuran claws is still somehow blunt. Makes no sense but there it is. Claw cyclone while great at low lvls... even mid lvls is still a low lvl spell.

As far as spinal... well it's pretty much identical to vertical at 0tp cept str mod and tp affects VCs dmg more while SC is acc. So I probably wont ever set it. DS has slighlty higher str mod but at 0% has like half the tp mod. Though 300% or 2hr DS is higher than 0% VC... however can't find any numbers on the tp multipliers for that even though it says dmg varies with tp lol. And lets face it VC isn't spetactural /nin unless you really really gear some str into it. And yeah it's acc seems completely random. Land it flashed on VT/ITs mobs, miss on several times in a row on Eps... I don't get it.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 04:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

oh god, untill I moved to pc I had to hit 2 macros for every spell then 2 more to reset to tp. more than 2 sets, I'm not sure how I dealt with it any more, lol. spellcast is godly for blu, I've seen an increase in efficiency of a good 30% easily, for some builds even more because of it's casting rules (but you didn't hear it from me, I don't use windower ::whistle::).

yeah, I forgot asuran claws turned out to be blunt, I just remember all the kiddies fawning over it because it sounded like our first decent multi-hit slasher (surprise surprise).

as for vertical cleave, I've recently started experimenting with it again, I don't think we'll ever figure it out. some times going full str it'll be fully accurate one day, then the next you're lucky if it lands may be twice. when I first unlocked expacion I played with it in a mixed acc+str build, know what? the dmg sucked and it's acc was still totally weird. I dunno \o/
First Page 2