Hmm.. Synergy/Evolith Might Have Potential 4 BLu

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Hmm.. Synergy/Evolith might have potential 4 BLu
Hmm.. Synergy/Evolith might have potential 4 BLu
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-14 16:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well as more info on evolith comes in
I've been noticing some decent stuff for blu.
Im not sure if you can use the same evolith's for
weapons and gear or if some are for gear and some for weapons,but this is what we have so for for blu imo. Not saying your limited to these but this what caught my eye. I like the sword Att ws + and the Physical spell stuff,but the Magical stuff is too element specific imo. Overall Look's decent so far I see potential.I cannt wait till all the evolith that is out get documented.

Weapon:concordia
Armor: Ebon Talar Set

Evolith:

Sword:
Sword Weaponskills: Attack +14
Sword WS: Attack+6

Physical spells:
Phys. Blue Magic: attack +
Phys. blue magic: Accuracy +

Magical Spells: There are Blu magic MAB+ and MA+ for all the elements
here are a few ex.
Blue Magic Water: Magic Attack Bonus
Blue MagicIce:Magic Attack Bonus
Blue Magic Light: Magic Attack Bonus
Blue Magic Lightning: Magic Attack Bonus
Blue Magic Earth: Magic Attack Bonus
Blue Magic Fire: Magic Attack Bonus
Blue Magic Water: Mag Acc +3
Blue Magic : Mag Acc +2
Blue Magic Dark: Magic Attack Bonus
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-12-14 17:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like with the Mag acc and MAB for water, Regurgitation builds just got a little more oomph
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-14 17:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Looks like with the Mag acc and MAB for water, Regurgitation builds just got a little more oomph

Wouldn't any real build use Neptune's?
 Fenrir.Ktjrn
Server: Fenrir
user: Ktjrn
By Fenrir.Ktjrn 2009-12-14 17:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

finally some new stats for blu! :)

can never have enough accuracy and magic accuracy for regurgitation, cannonball, etc.

has anyone augmented any items and can give us any info yet?

or anyone have concordia? i'd like to know just how much more beneficial it is and if it's near the performance of perdu hanger
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-12-14 17:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I guess I misread. I was assuming this to be on something other than main ;/
 Remora.Abriel
Server: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-14 17:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

if it's possible to place any of those evoluiths into hq staves, would be very interesting, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 18:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Abriel said:
if it's possible to place any of those evoluiths into hq staves, would be very interesting, lol.
Nope HQ staffs can't be etched. In fact very little outside of the new stuff can be.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-14 18:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Abriel said:

Hq & Nq elemental stalves cannot be augmented with synergy/evolith.
They have hidden effects.

Quote from wiki

" Although there are a number of exceptions, in general, the following equipment cannot be inscribed:

Items flagged aug. or Rare or Ex.
Signed items
Items with hidden effects
Grips, rings, earrings, ranged, ammo slot items
Items which are not craftable (Except those crafted by or for Synergy)
There are also some cases of items which do not meet the above conditions that still cannot be inscribed"
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 18:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Also note that there are alot of stuff that doesn't fall under that that also can't be inscribed. Out of all my gear and I'm pretty much 80/80 all nothing was inscribable
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-14 18:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
Wouldn't any real build use Neptune's?

Not sure what you ment by this but
you can augment the armor with these
evoliths and still use Neptune's.

Bacically from my take on things the real intention
so not to use evoliths for older gear/weapons....
thats why the regular gear that can be etched is limited.
They want you to build new gear/weapons from Fomor/synergy weapons and
the new ebon synergy/evolith armor into new never seen before stuff
that is not available on the current gear thats out..
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-14 20:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

well danm, all I really see being marginally useful on most occasions would be phys. spell atk/acc, and that's only if it can be used on gear that's close to what's already considered to be some of the best. as far as the ebon set for blu, I seriously don't see it being more useful in most applicable situations (not saying it doesn't have potential to be good, but in most cases it's going to be hard for it to match most of what's available atm). concordia has some potential depending on the number of slots it can be inscribed with, along with what stones it isn't barred from using.

otherwise, I don't seriously see blu's bringing multiple sets of the same armor for different elemental based spells to gain a possible marginal increase at best when a standard set should do the same (if not better in the case of int based spells). I'm not saying that the increase will only be marginal either, it may have a lot of potential for magic hammer/mind blast/eyes on me, I just don't see it gaining much ground (if any) on int based spells.

it's not like most blus with multiple sets for different situations aren't already 80+/80 on inv. space, lol.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-12-15 08:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ebon Frock, Ebon Beret, Ebon Mitts, Ebon Slops, Ebon Clogs

or

Ebon Talar, Ebon Tam, Ebon Gants, Ebon Slacks, Ebon Brogues

As far as I can see, Ebon Brogues is the only item in all of that that even comes close to rivalling anything that's already in the game, regardless of what augments you put on them.

Concordia on the other hand...

According to wiki it can have 3 slots:

Size 8 weapon skill attack: so far the biggest ws evolith to be found is size 6 for 14 attack, so this could allow for ~+20 attack.

Size 8 weapon skill damage %: Only two of these evoliths have been found, but a size 8 would be +8-10% ws damage (I can only assume lightning will be sword)

Size 5 magic any element: This allows you to put about +3 MAB or macc for any element of your choice, or physical accuracy/attack (hard to say how much, 2-3 accuracy, attack totally unknown).

So the sword is by far the best blu will ever get for weapon skill damage, but there are a lot of better options out there for anything magical, be it elemental or physical.

Edit: having said that, Talar and Tam would be nice for some fast cast, but the other stats are meh
 Shiva.Duey
user: Duath
By Shiva.Duey 2009-12-15 08:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Imo the only nice evoliths for blu on concordia would be enhanced phys spells.. since when you really want to do nice dmg with magical sets, you just use elemental staffs... except if you want a sword that helps you land debuffs.. but i think it would be better to enhance your dmg then :)
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-15 09:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

if a decent amount of +blue physical attack can be put into the sword, talking 15~20, I won't even bother hoping it's a percentage increase 'cause SE knows we'd break the game or make another random melee class go emo (please look up any mnk rants created directly after the big 2-h weapon update for reference). personally wouldn't bother with loading physical spell accuracy on it unless it was a significant amount (can already get 2 swords with +5 and +6 acc while keeping 44 base dmg each).

oh man, just had a look at current evoliths found so far, looks like 90%+ are phail ~.~ lol, there's no way any of the new gear is going to stand a chance against what's available atm outside of getting some pre-cast gear for fast cast effect... was SE trying to be remotely serious with this gear? n/m that, back to concordia.

when there's more info out on evolith stones I can try to spit out a few numbers to see if it's worth using over other combos, but as things are looking right now it's nothing more than a polished turd (a very well polished turd, but polished turd none the less).
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-15 12:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i'm not blown way with the new stuff.
I don't see this gear relpacing anything
but it seems more of building peices that
are situtational. Ebon Talar for example
would help with headbutt spam with fastcast
trait set laq earing and homam legs.
I was wondering if any one know if Ebon Talar is etchable?
If it is you could also add on +blue physical attack and acc,
depending on the amount you could make a unique peice.
Hopefully on concordia you can add Weaponskills: Attack
and add on +blue physical attack and acc
making it a unique sword. If not then all this stuff
is fail.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-12-15 23:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalico read my previous post, I answered half your questions before you asked them, assuming Wiki's info is correct that is.

ALL Ebon gear is etchable with 3 slots, that's pretty much the whole point of it, but what those slots are is yet to be found/recorded. That means that while you can have three slots, they might not be the right slots to have anything worthwhile on them. For all we know it'll be vs. mob, 2-hour and weapon skill slots on talar/tam.

Also, fast cast is pretty useless for head butt. Casting time is close enough to instant as standard, and homam/walahra head will give greater recast bonus, even if tam is 10% fast cast (it's probably 5%). Fast Cast on body would be mildly worth considering for head butt since it's the only thing aside from nashira body that can lower the recast, but it's totally not needed.

Fast Cast for Utsusemi, sleeps, binds and buffs on the other hand, would be very useful.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-15 23:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm kinda excite about fast cast for utsesmi... but not for what 2mil each lol? Also there are some interesting evoliths showing up. Still mostly sucky in the specifics, but show some potential. Like plus skillchain dmg though so far is only on specific weapon types or tp bonus. If it worked on blu spells might be nice.