Eyes On Me
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-12-10 23:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my throw-together Eyes On Me (my new toy of interest) build:

I know there are very obvious enhancements I can make, e.g. Pluto's and CHR+5 ring. However, I'd like some input on more specific details, like using CHR or MAB gear over skill gear. Anyone here use EOM a lot and/or have a good setup I can use as an example?

(Morrigan's is pretty unrealistic at the moment, also.)
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-10 23:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

;; my insides wanted this to be about the song.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-10 23:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Using chr over MAB kinda depends on how much you have of each and calculating blu spells is kinda annoying so might be better just to test it. Or you could punch it into the formula on wiki. Depending on resist rate and all you might want to lose some skill for more chr and such
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-10 23:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said:
I like the second half of the song as the ending theme to the game. Last week I had my media player set to wake me up by playing music and Eyes on Me was just repeat by itself over and over. Felt very weird and girly about that. lol

As for on topic info, though you already mentioned Pluto's I think it would make a sizable difference in how much skill you can skip on your gear, so it depends on whether you want to gear for NQ or HQ, I'd think. Do you have merits in skill and Macc?
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-12-10 23:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
As for on topic info, though you already mentioned Pluto's I think it would make a sizable difference in how much skill you can skip on your gear, so it depends on whether you want to gear for NQ or HQ, I'd think. Do you have merits in skill and Macc?

I'm 8/8 in skill but 1/5 in m.acc. I suppose if I were 5/5 and had Pluto's it'd be a lot easier to test, but...
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-10 23:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
Seraph.Caiyuo said:

I'm 8/8 in skill but 1/5 in m.acc. I suppose if I were 5/5 and had Pluto's it'd be a lot easier to test, but...
From what I was told by Kalessa on Cait Sith, most all resists can be taken care of by HQ staves and maxed merits. Can't say for myself, but he had a pretty awesome BLU. Did the first non-HP drink 1k+ Breath I'd seen and it was on King Behemoth. lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-10 23:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu magically spells are so weird. Alot of them are rediculously accurate to the point of landing dark element stuff easy on dark element NM/HNMs in melee gear.

While others are so bad that you can't hardly land them on normal EM mobs in mage gear.

I haven't done much nuking with blu so couldn't tell you wear eyes on me fits in there. I'd say you'd have to figure it out. While I doubt much testing has been done on this it there has been a bit of nice resistance testing going on so I'd say probably say to assume chr also adds some amount macc similar to the way int does on nukes.

Denali legs will beat relic by far for this though mahat probably best. Assuming you can take the hit to -macc morgannas robe might interesing but probably just get errant/yigit. Yigit/errant for head
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-11 01:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said:

Here ya go...

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-11 01:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Spammer!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-11 01:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Spammer!

SPAM THIS...

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-11 01:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate spam... /shudders
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-11 01:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Spammer!

SPAM THIS...

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I hate spam... /shudders
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
SPAM THIS...

Remora.Abriel
Server: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-11 01:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have enough experience using blu on high level NMs (sea gods would be my highest level enemies), but from what I gather with, yeah, resist rate on magical spells is normally very low. that being said you'd probably get the most out of mahatma slops for legs, they cover all magical spells and from macc from stat testing should give ~4 macc at worst, same difference with errant/mahatma body. I haven't put together an EoM build yet (don't really plan to for inv. space issues >< ), but it's not to hard to get +50 in relevant stats from gear (matk is much harder because of the limited gear options that are decent; moldavite/novio/uggalepih/morri. hands). all of that considered, you're right that HQ staves should be your first concern, they are the single piece that will give you the biggest bonus.

I know this may be a bit off-topic, but I normally use this build for regurgitation/corrosive ooze/fire spit/malestrom/icebreak;

hq staff/bugard+1/x/rse satchet (hume and cheaped it up, lol)
af+1/enlightened chain/moldy/aptus with macc
errant/rse2/hale/diamond(or saphire for hammer)
prisim cape/rainbow obi (4 int +5 mnd/chr)/mahatma/denali

I know I could use some upgrades but some of it's also used for inv. issues, lol ><

set spells:
refueling
magic fruit
amplification+
regurgitation
reactor cool (a)
sound blast/magic hammer (a) (situational)
actinic burst (b)
frightful roar (b)
self-destruct (b)
bad breath (c)
sub-zero smash (c)
zephyr mantle (d)
fire spit/chaotic eye (d) (situational)
corrosive ooze*
malestrom*
ice break*
sheep song*
soporific*
temporal shift*
mp drainkiss*

(a) - mab trait
(b) - auto-refresh
(c) - fast cast
(d) - conserve mp
* - situational
+ - mainly used in shorter fights, preferred over memento mori for it's duration, considering the spells I use have a fairly short recast it becomes more efficient to use)

most traits/spells that may seem off are used because either spell may contain modifiers or can increase total efficiency with low cost. I don't usually set aspir type spells bacause the mp efficiency of regurg. is insane and with mp regenerating buffs (idling in a refresh body) you'll almost never need to rest in a 30 min. fight.

use burst affinity when it's up also, even if you aren't landing an MB, it will increase a spell's damage.
By Firos 2009-12-11 18:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Would the rng acc on imp. egg affect cannonball? >.>
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-11 18:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Firos said:
Would the rng acc on imp. egg affect cannonball? >.>
No. Cannonball is not calculated as ranged. However Yes on pinecone bomb and a couple of other crap spells
By Firos 2009-12-11 18:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

woot pinecone bomb lol... thanks for the clarification ^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-11 18:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be dissing non elemental sleep+ dmg!!!
By Firos 2009-12-11 18:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok it has it's uses :p plus it's fun to shoot pinecones at things
 Remora.Abriel
Server: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-12 05:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

it may be possible for macc to affect additional effects of physical spells, but there hasn't been any extensive testing to my knowledge.
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
Server: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-12-12 06:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Kujata.Daus said:
Here ya go...
thanks for the retro flashback, now where did i put my version i game i wanna play it again.