users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » parse help
parse help
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-12-10 17:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/Richardishere/?action=view&current=parse1.jpg

http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/Richardishere/?action=view&current=parse2.jpg

K, fixed it. I'm 60BLU/NIN and my reason for subbing nin is I have full enmity merits, and I'm very untrusting of random tanks that I don't know, and I'm normally correct in my assumption of tanks failing on me. I cant see a way of upgrading my gear without spending millions of gil that I don't really have, the only thing I could think of was refresh so I could use more offensive spells, This was against normal Colibri. Using crab sushi cause I'm sick of spamming sole. What the hell am I doing wrong to be parsing this low.
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-10 17:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3fyjik2nddn Couldn't get it to copy/paste decently into the box.. But would a Blu take a look at this parse and see what the *** I'm doing wrong? >.> There was no refresh.. But I dont see why that would make me fail that much. My gear isnt super but it's more than acceptable I've been told. Was using crab sushi for cheapness spam. Kanesrevenge was actually a sam/war with polearm. I tried to stay around 200-250 mp, enough for sanction refresh, but high enough if I needed more, with MP drainkiss also. I eventually switched death scissors to Sickle slash because I wasn't all that impressed with it..

Lmao what type of file is that? I didn't even bother
DLing it (hope your not sending viruses) just post some
screen shots. Also what LV are you? If your 75 or like
72 or higher and your using death scissors and Sickle slash
thats Fail in itself. If your lower than that it might be your build
if your not performing up to par. You might want to go /thf until lv 74
then go /nin
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-12-10 17:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the type of file that Kparse saves it in lol, with a random name i bashed out on the keyboard to save it after the party. my bad probably on that. never though of a screenshot >.> i'll edit it in a sec. i'm 60, now 61..
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-12-10 18:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I used KParse, it had the option to Export as BBCode, you could try that on here.
 Remora.Abriel
Server: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-10 18:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

at 50+ your damage is really going to drop 'till you get into the big3 and good gear for it, unless you want to sub thf. blu is one of those jobs that's pretty much blow par untill you start maxing out its merits and gear sets, so don't be too discouraged by it when you hit 75 it's going to take a lot of work.

taking blu to 75 I soloed all but several levels (various level ranges), faster than relying on an xp party if you asked me. use a blm solo guide and stay away from amorphs/elementals, when you're high enough in level to solo imps and still have enough mp left over for a 2nd~3rd go for it. when you hit 50+ you're gonna want to fight the next tougher enemy, but try to stick to your current one 'till you get 2 levels of DC, xp will be faster over all.
always carry echo drops and try to carry: reraise, juice, cookies, sushi. sushi for starting on new mobs while they're T~VT, cookies when they get to DC~EM.

I know you're a bit past some of that advice, but I thought I'd highlight it anyway. my main point was not to expect too much from the job 'till you've poured more work into it than you may have wanted, I ended up doing it and it was enough fun for me to make blu my second main.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-12-10 19:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been killing that lone imp out of the west nashmau gate. 250+ exp but theres only one. not sure if theres more of these type of imps, but i've yet to find them :( i'm not too concerned with doing crazy damage, i'm brd main with ninja second so its no surprise for me to see little damage, i just hoped i might have kept up a bit better. obviously a penta spamming sam is gunna cream me, i guess i had just hoped for even a little bit more.
 Remora.Abriel
Server: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-10 19:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

there should be 2 in the graveyard are relativly safe with a 3rd/4th down the path that leads to the clearing with trees/lamiea/undead.