Forum » FFXI » General » Funding Relics
Funding Relics
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-12-09 15:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen a post in one of the other forums, and it got me thinking.

What, in you folks' opinions, are the best ways for people to fund relics?

Discuss.
 Asura.Liqueenas
Server: Asura
user: liquinas
By Asura.Liqueenas 2009-12-09 15:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Manipulating people into doing things that get you money (znm, kirinburn, dynamis ls). The rest of the replies in this thread will be variations of the above.

I'll go ahead and say it nobody ever got a relic by farming spider webs.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-09 15:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Liqueenas said:
Manipulating people into doing things that get you money (znm, kirinburn, dynamis ls). The rest of the replies in this thread will be variations of the above.

I'll go ahead and say it nobody ever got a relic by farming spider webs.
XD Yep. I've known a couple to get one through fishing and high lvl crafts back in the day though.
 Hades.Exion
Server: Hades
By Hades.Exion 2009-12-09 15:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

HNM and running a dyna shell lol
 Fairy.Disc
user: disc
By Fairy.Disc 2009-12-09 15:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I farmed up enough money for Spharai last year by just constantly fishing, doing ENMs (Sheep In Antlion's Clothing, Pulling The Plug, Brothers), selling multitudes of Gugrusaurus and Lik to aspiring Ebisu fishers, and some other small stuff on the side (Selling Salvage drops, etc.)

It's entirely possible if you are truly dedicated to your goal. Fishing played a HUGE role in my income. I have two seperate characters that both have the Ebisu rod. I was nearly making around 600~650K everyday on just fishing, but it wasn't easy at all, and at times, i'd even go as far as to say that it wasn't fun either. Fishing for 8-10 hours everyday took a lot out of me, but it was a very fast and efficient way to gain income.

I was not in any endgame shells or events related to endgame back then bar Salvage, so I had a lot of free time on my hands when I was ingame.

It's not hard, if you're truly determined.

Also, I never upgraded Spharai because I lost a large chunk of my motivation due to various things happening to me that past year, but it doesn't change the fact that I was able to pull it off.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-09 15:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I borrow 4 100 byne bills for my relic ; ;?
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-12-09 15:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

toad *** wat
[+]
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-09 16:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Hackstealandbot said:
toad *** wat

^
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-09 16:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a .dat-pack of names for Salvage mobs out there that shows what mobs drop what cells, pop what NM, and the like; it includes some joke names. I Don't Drop Anything is another one that comes to mind (Citadel Chelonian).

On a more on-topic note, whatever the most efficient means of generating gil/currency is available to you. Be it a profitable craft, fishing, running a Dynamis shell for currency, mercing, whatever. If you can put out the necessary amount of gil in a reasonable timeframe, it's at least good enough and possibly the best for you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Takien
user: Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2009-12-09 16:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I had thought about this at one point after an amazing run on crafting that left me sitting on about 100M. But the amount of resources and time it would take to get this ONE item by buying currency from dyna shells/bazzars seemed not worth it. It seems the only resonable way to get relics these days is by sponsoring, anything else just seems not worth it. I have a friend in ls that spends all his free time logging in mamook and does very well at it. This is gonna be how he funds his relic attempt, but leaves no time to play/ enjoy the game. In the end It would prolly take selling basically all my gear and only doing money actions in game ie Salvage gear selling, znm sales, etc. If this is a something you wana do because you want to have a 'large' goal to work for then by no means go for it, but for real relic's are usually marginally better than a perfectly geared job. Iono this is a question I fought myself over instead I chose to finish 2 salvage bodies and gear all my jobs as perfectly as they could be minus the relic. Sry for going off topic but i was not too long ago having the same thought you are having and this is where the process has brought me. I am thinkin at this point to go for a maat's cap instead,I think I would get more enjoyment out of that process then farming for a year and however long.
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2009-12-09 16:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoichi for your rng and sam would be a bigger improvement over any "perfect" gear set-up for both jobs... :p

some relics preform "slightly better"... where as others... they redifine a job.
 Bismarck.Ranu
Server: Bismarck
user: Ranu
By Bismarck.Ranu 2009-12-09 16:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Takien said:
I have a friend in ls that spends all his free time logging in mamook and does very well at it. This is gonna be how he funds his relic attempt, but leaves no time to play/ enjoy the game.

I have a friend who mines ore to fund everything he gots. Sad thing is, is that he puts what my Dyna Shell makes to shame.

To the OP, the easiest way to fund a relic, would be like what everyone else has said before, run a Dyna Shell.

My shell that I run, doesn't do such and distributes what is made after every run between the participating members, so I'm not 100% sure on the numbers, but I am over 95% sure about em.

You could quite possibly fund a complete relic in about 3-4 months of constant runs, at the best. At worst you'd probably take about 6 months. My shell, pulls in about 3 mil a week at the worst, and pulls in about 10 mil on our good weeks(just on city runs, with just a TH3 THF too^^). Keep in mind I go by what I sell the currency for, sorry.

The difference is, is that you wouldn't be able to have a shell like mine, that equally distributes the gil made off of the currency. You'd have to have the good ol' dupe ppl into getting you what you want shell. And you'd have to fight over the zones you want with other shells too, instead of the flexibilty shells like mine provide that aren't concerned about funding relics yet, and are more concerned with getting flags and relic gear. So we only fight for the zones that we need flags for. But the good thing about having a duping shell that strictly funds a relic, you are flexible enough not to have to worry about going beyond regular Dyna zones, like any Dreamworld, for your currency needs.

I'd suggest what I do for farming, but it took me 3 months to gather 8 mil all by myself, so my strat for gil making solo, isn't nearly as good as others, you'd be doing my strat for a couple of years to get a relic done lol. ; ;
[+]
 Fairy.Kyarutaru
user: Kyarutaru
By Fairy.Kyarutaru 2009-12-09 16:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Camp NMs, farm crap, and sponsor. Mjollnir in a year that way np.

If you aren't able to pull in at least 3M a week, then don't bother cuz it'll take you forever :P
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-09 18:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gather a linkshell of 30-50 idiots who don't know what they're doing, convince them that AFv2 is so freaking awesome and they can have whatever pieces they want without limits, while you take all the currency to yourself. be sure to give your first TH4 gloves to some undeserving *** who can't pull correctly to ice the cake of your run-of-the-mill-Cerberus-relic-funding-dynamis-linkshell.

(hi2uFMR)
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-12-09 18:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Gather a linkshell of 30-50 idiots who don't know what they're doing, convince them that AFv2 is so freaking awesome and they can have whatever pieces they want without limits, while you take all the currency to yourself. be sure to give your first TH4 gloves to some undeserving *** who can't pull correctly to ice the cake of your run-of-the-mill-Cerberus-relic-funding-dynamis-linkshell.

(hi2uFMR)

This, without the server drama part. ^
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-09 18:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Gather a linkshell of 30-50 idiots who don't know what they're doing, convince them that AFv2 is so freaking awesome and they can have whatever pieces they want without limits, while you take all the currency to yourself. be sure to give your first TH4 gloves to some undeserving *** who can't pull correctly to ice the cake of your run-of-the-mill-Cerberus-relic-funding-dynamis-linkshell. (hi2uFMR)
Sounds like alot of shells lol. But yeah idk just in npcable fish I made about 15mil over the last month or so just fishing to buy me a novios. I'm kinda poor right now but if I really wanted to spend some time and sponsor some runs wouldn't be hard. I mean I can easily make the 1 mil a week it cost to sponsor runs so whatever your shell pulls. I could probably out right buy one in about a year of just fishing less if I went from some bigger ticket fish that go slower.
 Siren.Ashkente
Server: Siren
user: Ashkente
By Siren.Ashkente 2009-12-09 18:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I'm more interested in funding a mythic than a relic.
Just for the 'someone actually did one?' factor.

Mandau THF's are becoming more common.
When was the last time you saw a Vajra THF? ^_^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-09 18:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf does Vajra even do anyways I think is the question lol. Some people have them but haven't heard yet about the enhancing SATA
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-09 18:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ashkente said:
Personally I'm more interested in funding a mythic than a relic.
Just for the 'someone actually did one?' factor.

Mandau THF's are becoming more common.
When was the last time you saw a Vajra THF? ^_^
About a week ago. Vajra blows by the way >_>
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-09 18:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Vajra blows by the way >_>
I was looking for something a tad more specific. Besides most the mythics kinda blow. People still get them. I know a guy got blm one just cause he had the cash to blow pretty much
 Siren.Flashgrant
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flashgrant 2009-12-09 18:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

B-R-O-G-A-M-E.C-O-M
 Ramuh.Jornna
user: Jornna
By Ramuh.Jornna 2009-12-09 18:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sounds like alot of shells lol.

Sounds like Empire, lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-09 18:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Vajra blows by the way >_>
I was looking for something a tad more specific. Besides most the mythics kinda blow. People still get them. I know a guy got blm one just cause he had the cash to blow pretty much
Sorry, your post wasn't up at the time. Trying to find the source again but if I remember right it was like a 5% increase to SA/TA damage or some ***like that. With the DPS that low and shitty base damage, ***is just not worth it unless you're building for situations where the entirety of your DPS is SATA damage. If even then... Not a THF, but I suspect Mandau would win even then.

As for the people buying em because they can... well, yeah >.> Doesn't change the fact that they suck. I still *** that Tizona's base damage is relatively low from time to time, doesn't change the fact that I want one. Granted it's not a flat-out ***weapon, but it's hardly the upgrade you'd get from, say, a Nirvana.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-09 18:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sorry, your post wasn't up at the time. Trying to find the source again but if I remember right it was like a 5% increase to SA/TA damage or some ***like that. With the DPS that low and shitty base damage, ***is just not worth it unless you're building for situations where the entirety of your DPS is SATA damage. If even then... Not a THF, but I suspect Mandau would win even then.
5% dmg to both SA and TA is fairly respectible. And it's DPS isn't really that low there are plently endgame daggers that use lower base dmg. But yeah Mandau probably kick its *** if for no other reason then mercy strokes. But really it's an offhand dagger anyways. And mandau/vajra sounds like it could be pretty decent
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-09 18:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There are plenty of endgame daggers with that base damage, yes, but as mainhand? Keep in mind relics/mythics are reduced to base damage/delay only when offhanded due to a patch a while back. That's why it sucks... would be a decent offhand dagger for SATA-heavy situations otherwise.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-09 19:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
There are plenty of endgame daggers with that base damage, yes, but as mainhand? Keep in mind relics/mythics are reduced to base damage/delay only when offhanded due to a patch a while back.
I'm sorry not only do I not know what you are talking about but I have no idea what you just said means.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-09 19:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fully upgraded Tizona mainhand: http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=19006

Fully upgraded Tizona offhand: http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18986
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-09 19:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What you mean they are statless if offhanded!?! Wtf is that ***and where was the update notes for this? I thought that was just some lame thing on here cause well it is statless till you finish the quest.

I don't see anything on the same for mythic
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-09 19:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

He's right. Relics and Mythics in the offhand slot are reduced to damage and delay only. Nothing else sticks. Hell, even w/ the h2h Spharai, the triple damage procs can only occur on one fist.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-09 19:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't really take those IDs as proof I mean look at this... unless someone found a way to offhand Nirvana

Nirvana
Nirvana

So is there anywhere this is shown? Like update notes? SS of a relic offhanded?
First Page 2