Guillotine vs. Insurgency
 Titan.Mylliana
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Mylliana
By Titan.Mylliana 2009-12-24 11:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

@Argettio

I failed to mention that I often party with rangers when I am on bard.. and whenever I only have 1 RNG I make sure to pianissimo Min3, but I really would be interested in finding out what would be "overall" better. Min/March for melee dd and double Min on the rng, or marchx2 and min/march on rng?

If you are going to suggest I do double march for melee and double min for rng and double ballad for healer.. x.x

Hard enough keep 5 songs up constant at the rate mob dies

Sorry for the late response, don't often read forums outside my LS ><

...and totally off topic too
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-24 11:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Min/March for melee dd and double Min on the rng, or marchx2 and min/march on rng?

The latter unless the RNGs are the majority of the party. Haste increases melee damage by such a significant exponential factor that other things cannot keep up.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-24 11:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I want haste and acc on my rng... granted I tp with a multihit weapon
 Asura.Patriclis
Server: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2009-12-24 12:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Hysoka said:
Remora.Thiefninja said:
But DRKS get more INT gear than MND but i should add that both ws are heavily moded by att. anyways i hope this helps.

Dont see any good ws gear with INT on it, MND it is.

Keeping in mind that MND + doesn't do anything for guillotine aside from increasing the duration and chance to stick silence

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-24 12:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
Gilgamesh.Hysoka said:
Remora.Thiefninja said:
But DRKS get more INT gear than MND but i should add that both ws are heavily moded by att. anyways i hope this helps.
Dont see any good ws gear with INT on it, MND it is.

Keeping in mind that MND doesn't do anything for guillotine aside from increasing the duration and chance to stick silence
That and dmg...

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Guillotine
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-24 12:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said:
Keeping in mind that MND doesn't do anything for guillotine aside from increasing the duration and chance to stick silence

Noooo this misinformation needs to die.

MND increases damage on Guillotine by virtue of WSC. Silence duration is a byproduct of TP. That is IT.
 Fenrir.Dascorp
Server: Fenrir
user: dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2009-12-24 13:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It is better for elvans to use guillotine, cause we have hax mind to begin with <.<
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-12-24 14:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to get insurgency myself, but as a taru, I have like(atleast very close to) 30 more INT than MND, will that affect my insurgency vs guillo dmg alot?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-24 14:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kvazz said:
I have yet to get insurgency myself, but as a taru, I have like(atleast very close to) 30 more INT than MND, will that affect my insurgency vs guillo dmg alot?
better believe it. +30 mnd on guillotine is like 6.225 to base dmg, so say with capped fstr and 90ish dmg scythe I'd guess roundabout your base dmg would be around 130ish without that so like 4-5% dmg. Pretty much the same for insurgency cept more like 5 to base dmg.
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-12-24 14:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I just checked, it isnt 30, but well, I have 74 base INT and 50 base MND, seeing how INT is a mod for insurgency, and mnd for guillo, I guess my dmg will be pretty much the same eh, but I guess Guillo will be better anyways?
(Unless maybe if I get epic augments on a martial scythe lol)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-24 14:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh math wise Guillotine wins handsdown though insurgency has some note about modded by attack alot... Same number of hits. Higher stat mods higher ftp for the first hit. But that being said the int to mind diff will close that gap. And you can get a bit more int than mnd easier... like say flame rings not like you shoudl really gear for int/mnd unless you are at the fstr cap and can get more than str in that slot. Or can get alot more before the fstr cap
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-12-24 14:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Meh math wise Guillotine wins handsdown though insurgency has some note about modded by attack alot... Same number of hits. Higher stat mods higher ftp for the first hit. But that being said the int to mind diff will close that gap. And you can get a bit more int than mnd easier... like say flame rings not like you shoudl really gear for int/mnd unless you are at the fstr cap and can get more than str in that slot. Or can get alot more before the fstr cap
Flame rings for insurgency and af+1 feet for guillo is really the only things I can think of lol.
Guess I should just get my *** up higher and finish the damn ws points ;_; (floor 40 onry)
Only real way to find out for me i guess
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-12-24 15:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kvazz said:
I just checked, it isnt 30, but well, I have 74 base INT and 50 base MND, seeing how INT is a mod for insurgency, and mnd for guillo, I guess my dmg will be pretty much the same eh, but I guess Guillo will be better anyways?
(Unless maybe if I get epic augments on a martial scythe lol)

Assuming 100 STR (mainly for ease of maths), which shouldn't be an unrealistic number for a decently gear drk (even if it is a taru)

Taru WSC in insurgency
((100*0.2)+(74*0.2))*0.83 = 28 Floored

Taru WSC in guillotine
((100*0.25)+(50*0.25))*0.83 = 30 Floored

I don't have time to do the maths, but I would guess you would need 30 more INT than MND to make Insurgency's WSC > Guillotine's.

A split of 30 wouldn't be impossible (flame rings, INT merits for your blm etc) but unlikely, Guillotine is better than Insurgency (for pure damage) in all but extreme cases.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
By volkom 2010-02-16 13:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

would cross reaper beat guillotine? b/c I've been in merit pt's where this one drk consistently out did a drk that was using guillotine
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-16 13:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely, that Cross Reaper DRK had really good gear or something. Even with Souleater, my Cross Reapers do about the same as an average unbuffed Guillotine. At 300, of course, Cross Reaper does more, but at that point Spiral Hell would beat both of them. Was the Cross Reaper DRK using Martial Scythe? Because at 200 TP (100 for that scythe) Cross Reaper is pretty good.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-16 13:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd guess it was some combination of good gear on the CR DRK, bad gear on the Guillo DRK (likely too little ACC), and the first DRK exploiting /THF to inflate WS numbers.
By volkom 2010-02-16 14:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

he was ws'ing in ~ death scythe~mythril grip+1, brutal earring, abyssal earring. flame ring, rajas ring, heca body, AF helm, black pants, warwolf belt, foragers, aurum boots, alky bracelets. he's 8/8 on scythe merits. he was consistently doing 900+ with roughly 100~140 tp lol. and he was subbing ninja
 Titan.Gennss
Server: Titan
user: gennss
By Titan.Gennss 2010-02-16 14:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ya /thf borks the numbers, gotta pay attention to dot. Overall guilli will do more if geared the same unless your holding tp and thus killin' the dot.
 Bismarck.Evolex
Server: Bismarck
user: Evolex
By Bismarck.Evolex 2010-02-16 23:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said:
he was ws'ing in ~ death scythe~mythril grip 1, brutal earring, abyssal earring. flame ring, rajas ring, heca body, AF helm, black pants, warwolf belt, foragers, aurum boots, alky bracelets. he's 8/8 on scythe merits. he was consistently doing 900 with roughly 100~140 tp lol. and he was subbing ninja

Cross reaper is only a 2 hit enabling Reaper drk go more into str and not worry as much on his acc. What were the party buffs like? Guillo drk probably wasnt geared w/ enough acc or was underbuffed, maybe even both.

I know I've done a few 800's and I'm not the best geared drk out there.