First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Pandemonium.Larsal
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Larsal
By Pandemonium.Larsal 2009-12-08 14:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

so far evolith stones are super lame...
and you have to camp a NM for those useless stones. how cool is that.
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-08 14:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I see nothing but FAIL on this whole ***.
basically i'm skeptical but its all new so who knows.
I'm just saying unless its some super crazy
augments you can put on these final armors
making them way better than the current gear
available I see no point. I know being able
to have diff stats for the same sets is cool
but is it worth it ? I guess We'll see in a
few months
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-08 14:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno... Vs. Birds Acc+ seems decent to me for meriting.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-08 14:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Hqing is interesting. I got 4 oranges juices a few times from a recipe that normally gets you 1. Now sure there is the difference in cost of using fewell vs 1 crystal but meh.
 Seraph.Zoey
Server: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-12-08 15:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried this stuff yesterday until I had portafurnace. Astral thingy on first try easy as pie. This synergy is not difficult once you get the hang of it.

lvl 1-5 Orange Juice is alot easier to make success with. In one synergy attempt I got 2 .2 and a .1. I recomend that every moment is used with spamming your commands through the menu becuase there is little time. I got skillups for the menu using not the finished product.

To make OJ you need energy readings to be Water 30 and all others 0. When fewell is added the fewell harms the reading for the element before it on the elemental wheel. So when water goes the water reading goes up while the fire goes down a proportionatly small amount. But to make up for -fire reading I added fire which offset ice thus setting of an entire elemental wheel to make up the negative readings you get for compensating. For orange juice one elemental wheel is enouph to offset the Ice needed for support the Fire needed to support the Water going to 30. My combination for OJ was WATER - FIRE - ICE - WIND - EARTH - LIGHTNING - WATER - FIRE - WATER - WATER and maybe one more water. This combo would give me enouph time after to mess with operating the furnace after readings were good to add chances for skillups and success.

The good thing about party members is that they can help use the furnace for you while you dump fewel. Some synergy is best done with help. I was having a difficult time making Hi-potions with an additional helper, there was too much to do and the explosions but it was nice to have help with the furnace. OJ was no problem to solo and I managed to solo some Hi-potions too which are Water45.

I think there is a randomness to the explosions, they are sort of like PUP overloads but happen more easily.

I gtg peace.
 Seraph.Dricent
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2009-12-08 15:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This whole system is disappointing... In order to do most of synergy you have done alot of crafting. So unless your a crafter this doesnt seem viable for people who never craft. And its just one more skill you have to raise -_-.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-08 15:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Dricent said:
This whole system is disappointing... In order to do most of synergy you have done alot of crafting. So unless your a crafter this doesnt seem viable for people who never craft. And its just one more skill you have to raise -_-.
So stop being lazy and go start crafting? lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-08 15:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as OJ goes it seems to cap at 7. Also you really don't need the others to be 0 or positive. In fact doing the whole wheel like that is pretty much impossible without tinkering with pressure which cost alot of fewell at once. Also I've never seen an HQ doing it. Generally I just do enough water to get around 30 use lighning maybe to lower it to within 1 and get a fire so it is close to 0. I'm HQing semi frequentally including 3 and 4 juices.

Other note when I asked to be trained this time he didn't tell me off. I got trained for lvl 1 fewell feeding cause I was just clicking didn't see the other options but after I tried again he told me off again. Not sure if you can only be trained once every so many lvls but I'd try each lvl to find out.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-08 15:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how people are complaining about crafting.

It's a new craft system, what the *** you expect? O.o;
 Seraph.Zoey
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-12-08 16:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
As far as OJ goes it seems to cap at 7. Also you really don't need the others to be 0 or positive. In fact doing the whole wheel like that is pretty much impossible without tinkering with pressure which cost alot of fewell at once. Also I've never seen an HQ doing it. Generally I just do enough water to get around 30 use lighning maybe to lower it to within 1 and get a fire so it is close to 0. I'm HQing semi frequentally including 3 and 4 juices. Other note when I asked to be trained this time he didn't tell me off. I got trained for lvl 1 fewell feeding cause I was just clicking didn't see the other options but after I tried again he told me off again. Not sure if you can only be trained once every so many lvls but I'd try each lvl to find out.

Hey thanks I was doing the wheel cuz i got a fail and blaimed it on the negative reading. I thought I had that wrong but needed anothers help so thanks again. Ill play with that realization now.

edit:

Also I have not gotten any HQ yet. It's good to know OJ cap Im still lvl 5.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-08 16:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to succeed whenever I get the message it is close so I think it is within 3 definitely 2.

The HQ(smooth synergist message) seems to come from how close everything is. I generally only get it when I am exactly on 30 and have -1 to -2 fire -2 or -1 ice and random amounts of lightning. But doesn't seem to always happen cept when I am right on and have like just -1 ice.

Yeah I did like 10 stacks before I came to the conclusion I wasn't getting anymore
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-12-08 18:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
Seraph.Dricent said:
So stop being lazy and go start crafting? lol

Almost no point now, it's just too late. If you never raised a craft up until now, doing so is just a waste of time and money, unless you plan to stay on XI for ever and never move onto XIV which isn't the case for many players.

Who the *** is gonna invest shitload of millions to raise craft like GS ? You'll never get your money back before 2012 seeing how the population and overall demand is constantly decreasing...

(by raising off course I mean having 98~100 goal in mind).
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-12-08 21:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I have a question;

I'm not sure if it's been answered yet so if it has can you tell me which page so i can take a look? thanks :)

Say you're going to make an Ebon Brayettes:
Requirements are

Smithing: Apprentice
Goldsmithing: Novice
Leathercraft: Recruit

So you can use 3 people one person with smithing, one with Goldsmithing, and one with leathercraft to make the item? or does multiple people need to have all 3 crafts?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-08 21:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Within your pt there needs to be at least 1 person with a craft as high as that for all 3. It can be between 3 different people. It could all be on one and have 5 other people mooching
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-12-08 21:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ok so a cool way to get by without leveling a sub to craft something. You can be in a part of 2+ just can't be solo right?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-08 21:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You can solo
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-08 23:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok some random stuff I've figured out so far.

As far as I can tell every 5 lvls you can use the training option with the synergist engineer. He asks you what you want to train in and gives option of fewell filling or the various operations you can do. So far I've just done feeding fewell and it seems that I cause explosions less now. I'd assume the others raise how much they do. Also as you might expect it says lvl whatever instead of zero next to that action.

When you get the elemental power is leaking message that element starts going down fast. Occasionally feeding 1 or 2 into the element is weak to will stop it. Ie if water is leaking feed fire. Others might work but I mostly do that since I'm trying to get rid of negative element balance anyways.

The explosions seem semi random but if I keep things lower than say 70 pressure and 45ish impurity seems it wont happen. Above that yeah could happen at 80 no matter how much I lower pressure or not till like 150. Haven't paid as much attention to impurity.

Recycle fewell only seems to work after an explosion and can only do it a few times and only gives like 1% more cinder after for each time... but it is a free action that can skill up if you got the time.

Explosions... seems they give status effects based on what elements you have strongly... and it wont let you take any actual actions on the furance while your effected. Like most status effects no time passes on them while you are interacting with something like the furnace. So just let them wear cause while your not getting anywhere pressure is going up and durability is going down.

Cinder amount that you can have seems to cap at 10k or at least at my lvl did. The items that allow you to etch are bought from cinders as well as the thing that restores equipment. You can buy etchings for lvl 15 or lower equip for gil but higher is cinder only. They stack in 12s and are ex. The lvl 75 cost 100

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8