Forum » FFXI » General » Got Hacked
Got Hacked
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-12-07 08:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There have been accounts hacked even with a security token. It's not 100% secure, but it does add another layer.

Hell, I would've gotten it even if it was just for the satchel space.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-12-07 08:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If I was moved I'm gonna be so pissed
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-12-07 08:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dracondria said:
If I was moved I'm gonna be so pissed
With the roll back process it won't make much of a difference either way. You're still going to want to get back what you lost.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-12-07 08:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't move you back though right? Because it would suck to be on a different server for 3 months.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-12-07 08:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dracondria said:
They don't move you back though right? Because it would suck to be on a different server for 3 months.
I've never had to deal with this, so I don't know for sure. It would make sense that they would.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-12-07 08:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dracondria said:

They will, you don't even have to ask for that.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-12-07 08:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They better, I'd even pay for it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Keara
Server: Bismarck
user: Keara76
By Bismarck.Keara 2009-12-07 09:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

O.O OMG Drac!!! WTF...those ***...when Damned got hacked he had to contact them and then send a notarized letter, got his account back in 3 weeks...did a roll back so he had all his gear and was back on Bismarck...just took the time of waiting for the letter to get to them, them to investigate and then do that roll back...omg not drac /cry ; ;
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By dameshi 2009-12-07 09:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, hackers are the scum of the earth. Worse than common thieves, since they hide behind their computers and steal from people. I'm sorry to hear that you've been hacked. I hope someone finds the *** and... well use your imagination :)
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-12-07 09:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dracondria said:
They better, I'd even pay for it.

The only thing that isn't guaranteed is getting your former name back if someone created a character with your former name in the mean time.
 Gilgamesh.Joltx
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Joltx
By Gilgamesh.Joltx 2009-12-07 09:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

theres been accusations that wiki had been tampered with at one point, due to extreme amounts of lag and loading problems on that site. also if youre still using internet explorer, that will up the chances of you being hacked.
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-12-07 09:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I know multiple people that's been hacked the last few months, none of them had a token, so i think a token actually helps:p
Last person that got hacked ended up on another server, when she got her password recovered she was at Asura on devil manta fish camp >_> without all her gear ect.
SE rolled the account back, and she ended up on back on hades with all her gear ect. So they do move it back.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
Server: Bismarck
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2009-12-07 10:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dracondria said:
it said I was logged in from another terminal and it kicked me off each time I tried to log back in.

lol i had the same thing happen to me a day or two after i called to get my token. i spent nearly 45min in battle again the program or w/e. Re-entering password everytime n ~10sec later i was kicked again. For sum reason he stop tryin so idk if they have a timer set or wat. As soon POL open i went in chat with them to change my password while stayin connecetd in mog house all the time XD
 Fairy.Berserkerjr
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Berserkerjr 2009-12-07 10:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dracondria said:
I just got hacked and they already changed my password, how do I get a GM to freeze my account? It's incredibly annoying because I haven't visited any site or given out my information to anyone. The Playonline site is pretty confusing. Please help.

You haven't visited any sites and w/e BUT!!, you visit this site and if this is the only site you visit and nothing else then that leads me to believe that the hacker came from this website?... hmm...

FFXIAH.COM has some worm/trojan w/e their called?... Oh oh...

Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-07 10:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

We do not have any virus here on ffxiah.com
[+]
 Valefor.Welfare
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Welfare 2009-12-07 10:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be very interested to see just how many people "get hacked", also bought/buy gil.
Seriously, all this whining and bitching about getting "hacked" - you honestly think that you were just chosen at random for your handful of HQ items, maybe some HQ staves, and possibly 1-2 mil in gil? Give me a break.
I'm rich as hell, have plenty of HQ, and it took ME, 1 week to get around the "extra security of a game token" so I'm either God, or people are doing something really really stupid that is compromising their own accounts and they have only themselves to blame.

Watch the company you keep; "Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas"

Don't get stingy with the digits when it comes to your password. Upper/lower case letter deviations. Alpha/numeric non-sequential pairings.

Don't talk about your password

Don't give out hints

Don't be a hero.

...and yes, even though the game token can be made null and void, as afor-mentioned; it is an "extra layer of security"

While it is hackable, consider the hackers. If they were oh-so-brilliant, they'd have jobs making real money instead of dealing with selling gil to pussies that can't play any other way.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-12-07 11:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

i believe ffxiah.com its self is safe, but are the advertisement banners all over the place guaranteed safe too.. ? ive wondered myself.
[+]
 Fairy.Phatdade
Server: Fairy
user: phatdade
By Fairy.Phatdade 2009-12-07 11:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

One time this guy fron Nigeria told me he had a million dollars to give me, or was it 25 million, but I showed up and all he did was punch me in the groinal crotchable areas and rub sand on my ***-nipples.
[+]
 Valefor.Welfare
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Welfare 2009-12-07 11:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria those are some awesome juggs on that brawd in your icon. lmao

GO JUGGS!!!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-07 11:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

LoL Thanks. :P
Caitsith.Blurr said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

i believe ffxiah.com its self is safe, but are the advertisement banners all over the place guaranteed safe too.. ? ive wondered myself.

I believe all the link get scanned from the ads also but I can make sure from Scragg. But they do keep the site free from any viruses. :)
 Caitsith.Foliage
user: Foliage
By Caitsith.Foliage 2009-12-07 11:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

needs moar security token!

&&
Valefor.Welfare said:
Alyria those are some awesome juggs on that brawd in your icon. lmao

GO JUGGS!!!
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-12-07 11:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
LoL Thanks. :P
Caitsith.Blurr said:
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

I believe all the link get scanned from the ads also but I can make sure from Scragg. But they do keep the site free from any viruses. :)

im sure the banners themselves ON ffxi are harmless, but if one were to actually click a banner and jump off of ffxi onto whatever other sites.. (dkgaming/accountswappers dont sound particularly friendly to me) im not sure safety can be guaranteed, and im sure same goes for any of the other safe ffxi websites, like wiki. hopefully someone knows for sure lol.. im not willing to check it out myself <.>
thanks for the reply ^^
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-07 11:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had some sketchy things come from some of the banners here before. But it's taken care of quickly... and I don't think they were FFXI-malicious things.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-07 12:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I can check it out I am on a mac.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-12-07 16:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Got account back but most of my sellable drk gear I had on is gone like my moli set, foragers, hauby+1 fire bomblet etc but recovery will fix that at least.
[+]
 Bahamut.Branwen
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-12-07 17:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That was quick Drac :)

Ive had a few virus warnings from the wiki in the past few weeks. Random links that flag up my AV.(and no im not talking about ads, just the normal links in their site)
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-12-07 17:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't had anything from wiki though. Noscript, flashblock, adblock etc.

Edit: *** stole my sellable gear and death warped me >_> Pretty mean lol
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-07 17:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoawhoa. Wiki? ***. :(

oops, submitted too early--Sorry to hear all this happen to you Drac, just hope the GMs rollback to the correct date so you can have all your gear back in no time. :)
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-07 17:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I only check most ffxi sites from an older pc that I'm not using to play the game anymore. Something I've been doing since that virus a while back that attempted to hack players with token.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-07 17:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if anything, I know for a fact that this site is safe as long as you're up-to-date with Flash and everything; Scragg says you don't even need all the frilly stuff on Firefox like NoScript and AdBlock.

FFXIAH.com is coded personally by Scragg: closed source. No hacking attempts could go on without his knowledge; as for ads, it's never been a problem before and as far as I know, ads can't enable anyone to access or compromise your FFXI account. If you're still a bit paranoid about it, Mozilla Firefox's add-on, AdBlock should ease your worries. :)