Blu Imp Solo.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Blu imp solo.
Blu imp solo.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-12-04 12:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I've read the alla forums, and some solo/duo guides but I cant seem to find a definate awnser. I'm 58 still, what level can I solo Imps? The guide suggests duo at 56/57 but some say cant kill them untill 60? Do you think I'd be able to kill the slightly lower level ones? if not, what level should I be trying to do this correctly?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-12-04 12:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There are actually LV55 ones on the boats between Nashmau and Whitegate. You shouldn't have any trouble if you just remember Echo Drops.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-04 12:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say you should be able to kill any that are up to VT maybe low end IT to you fairly easy as a blu. If you do an imp search and compare it to your lvl should make things easier.

And yes always bring your echos when soloing imps.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-12-04 12:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

are they regular pop on the boat? never really traveled on it much. I've learnt my lesson lol, I always carry them, even on a non-casting job >.>

I guess theyre similar to goblin pets, just whack away untill it does, stunning the crap out of it?
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-04 12:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I never solo'd goblin pets but yeah stun locking works. So does throwing big spells at it inbetween.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-12-04 12:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've solo'd on Orderly Imps in Mire. Take the Nash exit that'll take you to the map with the huge pond in the middle of the map. I believe this the East exit. You'll need to watch out for chigoes. I started this camp at 60 and they checked T-VT for me.

Keep cocoon up at all times and I used Metallic Body before claiming just to help. The rest is whack away, use stun spells, heavy dmg spell and never use CA to SC. Just use it to add more dmg to one of your crit hit spells.
By Roudidou 2009-12-10 15:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've soloed Imps at lv59/60 in the Mire, but where i was wasn't really worth the trouble and all i could find were 2 spawns. But when i was in my higher 60's (i dont really remember what levels) when i started to kill Arrapago reef Imps near the staging point, that's where the exp started kicking in.

I suggest you do same as me, and stick to Party/Campaign battles till you're High enough to kill those imps.But if you absolutely want to go solo imps, go ahead.Personaly, i waited for Hysteric Barrage and Frenetic rip which help lots

Yeah, wacking on them with Heavy DMG spells and throwing stuns in between works and if you're poisoned, cast metalic body to rest untill it wears.(i did not know this untill my eary 70's... all the exp i lost dieing because of poison just because i did not know this)lol