Therefore, God Doesn't Exist.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Therefore, God doesn't exist.
Therefore, God doesn't exist.
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fairy.Ryogo
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Ryogo
By Fairy.Ryogo 2009-12-03 01:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

To my brothers and sisters reading this thread, The LORD hears and answers all prayers that are asked according to his will.

14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.

(1 John 5:14-15)

When Jesus said, "pray like this", he said when we pray, we need to 1. Address God, glorify him (Matthew 6:9), 2. We ask that HIS will is done (Matthew 6:10), 3. We ask for our 'daily bread', meaning, ask God to give us what he wants to give us, to receive from him. (Matthew 6:11) We aren't to ask for our daily pizza, or steak, or tasty yum yums for a whole week, but for today's blessing. You can let God know that you want your linkshell leader to let you lot on AF2 in Xarcbard, but you should be ready to receive what God gives you.

Without faith in God providing for us, we only work harder for what we want. We need to work just as hard for whatever it is that we receive from God as we would for whatever it is that we want for ourselves.

Jesus also said to ask God to forgive you for your sins, only once you have forgiven others for their sins against you. (Matthew 6:12), Lastly, Jesus said that when we pray, to ask God to move the Spirit in our lives, so we can avoid temptation and do his will. (Matthew 6:13)

Pray like this, because it's how God says we should pray. God promises us that he will 1. hear us 2. answer us. And he certainly will.

If you don't believe God is real, pray like this, and God will show himself to you in all parts of your life.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-03 01:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ryogo said:
To my brothers and sisters reading this thread, The LORD hears and answers all prayers that are asked according to his will.

14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.

When Jesus said, "pray like this", he said when we pray, we need to 1. Address God, glorify him (Matthew 6:9), 2. We ask that HIS will is done (Matthew 6:10), 3. We ask for our 'daily bread', meaning, ask God to give us what he wants to give us, to receive from him. (Matthew 6:11) We aren't to ask for our daily pizza, or steak, or tasty yum yums for a whole week, but for today's blessing. You can let God know that you want your linkshell leader to let you lot on AF2 in Xarcbard, but you should be ready to receive what God gives you.

Without faith in God providing for us, we only work harder for what we want. We need to work just as hard for whatever it is that we receive from God as we would for whatever it is that we want for ourselves.

Jesus also said to ask God to forgive you for your sins, only once you have forgiven others for their sins against you. (Matthew 6:12), Lastly, Jesus said that when we pray, to ask God to move the Spirit in our lives, so we can avoid temptation and do his will. (Matthew 6:13)

Pray like this, because it's how God says we should pray. God promises us that he will 1. hear us 2. answer us. And he certainly will.

If you don't believe God is real, pray like this, and God will show himself to you in all parts of your life.

I also can't stand this lol.

[+]
 Asura.Obsydian
Server: Asura
user: Obsydian
By Asura.Obsydian 2009-12-03 01:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Tails said:
Stop posting, you've lost.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-03 01:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ryogo said:

Incoming flames? Just saying.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Spicer
Server: Ragnarok
user: spicer
By Ragnarok.Spicer 2009-12-03 01:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand this thread needs to die but what im frustrated about is some one confusing religion with Christians only and stereotype them as well?! Religion inst just one word for god,

a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.=religion copyed and pasted from the dictionary.com

so why are you mainly bashing the Christians?
maybe im confused i don't know
[+]
 Shiva.Drteeth
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-12-03 01:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't take credit for this, but it pretty much sums up how I feel about religious people. NOFX - Happy Guy:

He's just a man getting through life the best he can
He's not a scientist, he programs a computer
Before that he sold cars to pay a student loan now he receives pity
From his family - his friends say how could he
Turn his back on reason worshiping
A God finding truth through fear and mind control
He's just a man trying to explain how
He found the word of God could make his life seem less insane
So he shares what he's read, what he understands, it makes
sense to him, it makes perfect sense,
He's never seen the world so clearly
Turned his back on free will - has he lost his mind?
He'd rather kneel down than take charge of his life
And he knows what people think, but it doesn't sway him
He can read the writings on the wall
'Cause he knows how people treat, how they treat each other
A sacrifice to benefit the all
Don't try to judge him, his theological ideas
His hopes may be false but his happiness is real
Don't try to judge him, he's just a man
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
Server: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-12-03 01:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
When you attack religion, as an Athiest, all you're doing is showing how ignorant, pushy, hard-headed or violent someone without beliefs can be.

I'm not a Christian or an Athiest, but thanks for making people who choose to be Athiests look like stubborn *** who have the tendency to fight things because they can, damned be whoever they offend and whenever.

You openly admit to calling it an attack, then play some "OH THAT'S HOW [insert religion] people are".

I find this generally and pretty amazingly dumb. Sorry.

This.

What does it matter to you if somebody believes something that you don't? Do you have some kinda of control issues where you can't handle it when other people disagree with you or something? Nobody cares about your copy pastes. We get it you're oh so cool because you're smart enough to realise everything that cant be proven to be 110% to be true is a load of bull. Am I right??

Really, what's your point? Do you think your utter failure to accept or take on board an opinion other than your own makes you seem smart? At least most people in these threads don't insist that their beliefs are the only logical ones and everything else is stupid.

At what point in life did you become so jaded? This isn't even in relation to god, your outlook on things just makes me sad.

Your own negative thinking is your undoing imo, and I feel really sorry for you if everything you're saying is said in seriousness. Not because you can't bring yourself to believe in something, because that's a personal thing. But you just seem so full of bitterness and hatred, I can't imagine what it must be like to go through life like that. Anger only hurts yourself, I hope one day you find peace :)

Seraph.Bulleta said:
And what hasn't mankind attacked besides a life of sunshine and lollipops?
Which doesn't exist.

What about homosexuals and jews?

fixed.
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-12-03 01:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-12-03 01:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

god almighty is this stuff still going on? i was interested in reading some nifty threads about FFXI stuff, but the front page is more of this again. can I call a GM about this?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-03 02:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Drteeth said:
I can't take credit for this, but it pretty much sums up how I feel about religious people. NOFX - Happy Guy:

He's just a man getting through life the best he can
He's not a scientist, he programs a computer
Before that he sold cars to pay a student loan now he receives pity
From his family - his friends say how could he
Turn his back on reason worshiping
A God finding truth through fear and mind control
He's just a man trying to explain how
He found the word of God could make his life seem less insane
So he shares what he's read, what he understands, it makes
sense to him, it makes perfect sense,
He's never seen the world so clearly
Turned his back on free will - has he lost his mind?
He'd rather kneel down than take charge of his life
And he knows what people think, but it doesn't sway him
He can read the writings on the wall
'Cause he knows how people treat, how they treat each other
A sacrifice to benefit the all
Don't try to judge him, his theological ideas
His hopes may be false but his happiness is real
Don't try to judge him, he's just a man

I can't believe I found another NOFX fan.

I love you Dr

You are getting incoming huggles when i find you sir.
 Shiva.Drteeth
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-12-03 02:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm allergic to huggles!

By the way, to Bulleta the troll:
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-12-03 02:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Tallulah, Allakhazam has alot of interesting threads posted recently. http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=20705 I haven't been wanting to come here lately for the same reasons you have. But seriously someone needs to get laid.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-12-03 02:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm watching. It's going alright without a certain poster provoking people to more angry insults, but it really is getting out of hand. Sorry for being generous and not locking the thread just yet.... :/ I just feel people are still posting their opinion regarding the debate, which they're free to do.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-03 02:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Drteeth said:
I'm allergic to huggles!

Haha, Danny DeVito as a troll.
 Leviathan.Marzanna
Server: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-12-03 02:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
I'm watching. It's going alright without a certain poster provoking people to more angry insults, but it really is getting out of hand. Sorry for being generous and not locking the thread just yet.... :/ I just feel people are still posting their opinion regarding the debate, which they're free to do.

Thanks :) I do believe there is nothing wrong with the actual discussion, people do need to be more accepting of other peoples points of views however.

I mean im not really "religious" in the sense of the word. But I won't judge those who are, it's nice to have something to believe in at the end of the day. As many have said its the extremists that make the situation worse. I find some of this educational, as I've never really been into Christianity and the likes.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-03 02:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope I didn't come over as a douche lol.

I just have a really low tolerance for those with a low tolerance. (lol)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-03 02:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Drteeth said:
I'm allergic to huggles!

NOFX AND Always Sunny. Oh yes. lol "You're all glamour muscles, Mac, you can't climb that wall, you don't have the core strength."

Gilgamesh.Tallulah said:
god almighty is this stuff still going on? i was interested in reading some nifty threads about FFXI stuff, but the front page is more of this again. can I call a GM about this?
Right? ***'s getting bonkers.
 Fenrir.Empedocles
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Empedocles 2009-12-03 02:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Superior version to OP:

In other (not new) news:
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-03 08:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm locking it and giving last warning to Bulleta. Please read the forum guidelines.