It May Sound Harsh, But The Only Way To Help Africa Is To Stop All Humanitarian Aid..

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » It may sound harsh, but the only way to help Africa is to stop all humanitarian aid..
It may sound harsh, but the only way to help Africa is to stop all humanitarian aid..
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-12-01 19:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

in the form of fundings.

As long as the rich nations of this world continue to pump money into Africa, the poor get poorer and the rich get richer.

As long as they receive outside help the corrupt governments in Africa will just sit back and not move towards creating independent and self-sufficient societies.

My two cents.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-01 19:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct; it would not be bad in my opinion to teach them how to support themselves, however. That would take the most uncorrupt people to do properly, however.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-01 19:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a fan of blood diamonds, I know the story behind how they come about.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-12-01 19:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
Correct; it would not be bad in my opinion to teach them how to support themselves, however. That would take the most uncorrupt people to do properly, however.
I agree with this.

If you keep pumping money into Africa, all its going to teach them is that you get to expect money from life from others, and you don't have to do a damn thing to get it either.
[+]
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-01 19:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

At the core, we really need to teach water filtration then find some sort of cash crop and food crop that grows well in the different areas of Africa. After that, the rest is a rapid development.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-12-01 19:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
I agree with this.

You are treading on a thin ice here.

The ambassadors are probably already telling how it should be run there. With little success..

What do you want to do? Pick out their leaders? Tell them what people to put in certain positions? You won't get far in that manner.
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2009-12-01 19:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I smell a Social Darwinist.

Edit: or three.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-01 19:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

At the core, we really need to teach water filtration then find some sort of cash crop and food crop that grows well in the different areas of Africa. After that, the rest is a rapid development.

don't forget the 50+ different countries ON the African continent, as well as the 200+ tribes roaming the wild lands, fighting each other for diamonds, weapons, and waging wars.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-01 19:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Coincidence you posted this on AIDS day? xD
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-01 19:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:

or conspiracy
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-01 19:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

don't forget the 50 different countries ON the African continent, as well as the 200 tribes roaming the wild lands, fighting each other for diamonds, weapons, and waging wars.

Hence why I said 'at the core'.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-12-01 19:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Give a man a fish, and he lives for one day

Teach a man to fish, and he lives forever.

So far, all we are doing is giving them fish.
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2009-12-01 19:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:

I was wondering the exact same thing. The majority of African countries that have large populations of AIDS infected citizens lack the resources to even treat their symptoms. They never will without some kind of assistance. Expecting these countries to eventually become self-sufficient one day on their own is like trying to get blood from a stone. Not giving aid for the sake of teaching them not to depend on others is pretty pointless. They're gonna die by the age of 40 anyway. Some lesson they learned.

But yeah, their governments are corrupt. So stop giving the money to governments.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-12-01 19:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Teach them what causes AIDS.

That, and teach the world not to have sex with anyone from Africa.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-01 20:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:

not thats just plain ignant Korpg lol
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-12-01 20:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Asura.Korpg said:

not thats just plain ignant Korpg lol
Are you serious?

If you want to go have sex with somebody with AIDS, go ahead and do so. Its your life that will be effected, not mine.

If you want to stop AIDS, then teach people. Teach them the meaning of safe sex. Teach them how AIDS spread. Teach them how you can protect yourself from it.

While this won't destroy it, it will reduce it down to 5% of the population who has AIDs. And, if you ask me, it significant.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-12-01 20:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

We all saw that movie too lol.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-01 20:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

We all saw that movie too lol.

Ive seen the documentary as well
 Seraph.Bigheadkitty
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Bigheadkitty 2009-12-01 20:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Africa needs a big nuke! Either Darwin strong shall survive or God will take who he wants and send the rest to the burning lake of fire. Either way its a win for the poor souls suffering there everyday becuase of the greed and ignorance of their brothers. A poor eskimo who accidently melted his igloo is 100x better off than the average person on that continent. I feel sorry for all the mothers and children who are slaughtered or dismembered or raped because of myths and rumors or just sheer greed. If I had to live there i would try and swim as far as I could in any general direction becuase even the idea of drowning at some point would be a release. Thank God I live where I do.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-12-01 20:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave people alone, they will adapt to their own devices.

Continue to support them, and they will forget how to survive.

We can't continue pouring our resources into a nation that forgotten how to survive (if it even learned how that is) while we slowly perish from troubles at home.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-01 20:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive always said we needed to nuke both Africa and China, my wishes have yet to come true.
[+]
 Seraph.Bigheadkitty
By Seraph.Bigheadkitty 2009-12-01 20:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Only Africa and only for the sheer fatt each and everyone of them would be better off. Either no more pain and worries or maybe even in a better place.. Nah China is cool even 5 gil farmers in a tiny room is way better than many people in a muddy floored hut full of human waste and polluted water. I dont think there is a worse place on earth than some of those African villages. maybe there is but Im not sure I could point them out even Bangaldesh ect is safer on a whole.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-01 20:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

COME ON!
 Garuda.Tubal
Server: Garuda
user: Tubal
By Garuda.Tubal 2009-12-01 21:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
in the form of fundings. As long as the rich nations of this world continue to pump money into Africa, the poor get poorer and the rich get richer. As long as they receive outside help the corrupt governments in Africa will just sit back and not move towards creating independent and self-sufficient societies. My two cents.

The nations that so call "pump money" into Africa are doing nothing more than returning the wealth they have been making off the land for centuries.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-01 21:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Tubal said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
in the form of fundings. As long as the rich nations of this world continue to pump money into Africa, the poor get poorer and the rich get richer. As long as they receive outside help the corrupt governments in Africa will just sit back and not move towards creating independent and self-sufficient societies. My two cents.

The nations that so call "pump money" into Africa are doing nothing more than returning the wealth they have been making off the land for centuries.

SALLY STRUTHERS IS TO BLAME FOR THIS!!!

those commercials where you send money to "feed starving children in Africa" goes to her fat ***.
 Garuda.Tubal
Server: Garuda
user: Tubal
By Garuda.Tubal 2009-12-01 21:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[q]Africa needs a big nuke! Either Darwin strong shall survive or God will take who he wants and send the rest to the burning lake of fire. Either way its a win for the poor souls suffering there everyday becuase of the greed and ignorance of their brothers. A poor eskimo who accidently melted his igloo is 100x better off than the average person on that continent. I feel sorry for all the mothers and children who are slaughtered or dismembered or raped because of myths and rumors or just sheer greed. If I had to live there i would try and swim as far as I could in any general direction becuase even the idea of drowning at some point would be a release. Thank God I live where I do.[q]

This is by far the most ignorant statement i've seen on any subject posted to this or any website for that matter. The rape, murder,and pillage do happen but is NOT happening on the entire African Continent. Turn off Fox news and learn for yourself what is really going on.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-01 21:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The amount of stupidity and ignorance
posted here is way too much to even begin to pick
apart.

on another note i'm watching the news atm
lmao at these people believing the reasons
our government it giving for going to war in
Afghanistan now. lol What a bunch of blind
mother *** :0
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-01 21:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

everything is funny
 Seraph.Bigheadkitty
By Seraph.Bigheadkitty 2009-12-01 22:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg Im just kidding and trying to get you guys all fired up. No ***the entire continent isn't gonna be like that but its awful hard to nuke just really small areas ;) And from a family of military persons and freinds of many miltary members those 30 thousand troops are 30k well paying American Jobs that cant be shipped over seas to be done my people for 3 dollars a day. And God bless the members of the military for signing up to do it.
And Tabal since I see you have the flag for Guniea-Bissau a country with one of the lowest GDP, highest HIV rates and near the bottom in every category of human development in the world. You have a computer and I assume probably live in a nice house with that computer. If indeed yuo reside in that country I pray to god that you spend some of your money and time to help out your fellow man. And if yuo live in a country that is better off then I really hope yuo try your best to help them.
 Bahamut.Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2009-12-01 22:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, nuking an entire continent would require so much of the USA's precious manpower. We should let them live after all. God bless America for its unending kindness and generosity.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8