CA + BA Macro?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » CA + BA Macro?
CA + BA Macro?
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-01 13:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway back on topic.

I read a few guide's and I'm a little confused, if someone could answer this without attempting to flame me, that would be nice.

When i use CA do i have to ws then use a spell, or can i create a chain by using two spells together?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-01 13:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

For a general idea of relative strength of spells http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Blue_Magic_Damage If you really want to get into it and know what you are going to be fighting you can look up http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Beast_Strength_Chart Or even look up the mob itself to see if it has a weakness to a dmg type and see if there any decent ones of that type that you have
 Seraph.Bulleta
Server: Seraph
user: Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-01 13:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Barrd said:
Well 20 min pass before we post on this tread! we where trying to help get a reply for it if any thing we just bump it up

Sure, but I think it would have helped more if you guys wouldn't have posted, and had saved room for people who actually understand simple questions.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-01 13:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Hiryo said:
Anyway back on topic. I read a few guide's and I'm a little confused, if someone could answer this without attempting to flame me, that would be nice. When i use CA do i have to ws then use a spell, or can i create a chain by using two spells together?
wiki said:
Upon casting a physical Blue Magic spell while the Chain Affinity effect is active, the Chain Affinity effect is consumed as well as all of the user's TP. The TP will enhance a certain aspect of the physical spell, which can be seen under each spell's description (e.g. "Damage varies with TP"). These spell TP modifiers are only active when under the effect of Chain Affinity.
Unlike Weapon Skills, a minimum of 100 TP is not required in order to use Chain Affinity; in fact, it can still be used even with zero TP.
Doubles the WSC (stat modifiers) of the physical Blue Magic used. Often, this causes the spell to see a significant boost from its usual power, even if zero TP is consumed.
Allows the physical Blue Magic used to participate in a skillchain, making solo skillchains possible without any additional aid. Because TP is consumed upon casting the physical Blue Magic spell, in order to perform a solo skillchain the Weapon Skill should be used first, followed by the spell. Chain Affinity may be readied first prior to using the WS.
 Bismarck.Barrd
Server: Bismarck
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-12-01 13:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i will give you that 1 you win help is not the best thing all the time. I will better next time and see if i know what the topic is abuot before i post please forgive me!

p.s. Bulleta your sun god tread was omg funny
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-12-01 13:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really MB'd cause somehow someone allways WS'ed between this looongass way until you finally MB lol(i had Static pt with a SAm whole time i leveled... you can imagine how often sam ws lol <.<)

anyways, i allways had 1 macro for WS, one for Sneakattack (allways /thf from 40-75) one for CA and one for the spell i wanted to SC.

There is this awsome page for Skillchains, you choose the jobs and weapon (Bluemagic is a "weapon") and your sword and level for both, it shows you all availible skillchains with sword and magic :)

http://magitekarmy.com/skillchain.php

Hope it helps you find some SC's ^^
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-12-01 13:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in your threads insulting your Pjohns, that is all.

Yea but he could have asked a tad nicer for the OP to restate the question, but if you know him it's just how he is ;o, as stupid as he made himself seem, he isn't THAT stupid :p

Edit*

I knew what CA and BA was even not seeing it being in BLU forum, and I'm going to make fun of you for it later PJ. :p
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-12-01 13:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

But to add to the question at hand, I can't say for lvl 40, but at 62~ I loved my BLUs doing Red Lotus >> Sickle Slash (I think for Grav?) and I closed SA Gekko for massive dmg ;o, other then that I'd refer you to above posted Skillchain charts.
Bahamut.Pjohn said:
TY "One who blocks with Face"

-_- only like 50% of the time!
 Asura.Lordgenbu
Server: Asura
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-12-01 13:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Pjohn said:
I wasn't being a ***. Restate the question so that it may be answered.

Sorry to say your question is plain and simply fail.
Don't re-ask it please I want to see how long it takes for someone to understand it. LOL

By giving you this advise I would have to say I was being a nice guy. Instead of thinking this guys a dumb *** and just let your question go unanswered.

Your Display picture is dreadful ugly and your BLU is lvl 8 gtfo.
 Fairy.Maimed
Server: Fairy
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2009-12-01 13:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't hurt to make seperate macros for both Chain Affinity & Burst Affinity I'd think. Granted, I am no career BLU, nor is my BLU even 75 but I have 3 macros for Sneak Attack, Trick Attack, and SneakAttack+TrickAttack for my Sam/Thf. Sometimes it makes sense to stack 'em, other times you're better off keeping them seperate for a reason.

I'm not positive if CA and BA should be stacked at all tbh, but that's not my area of expertise to really comment on. I will say just keep in mind it wouldn't be a bad idea to have seperate macros for each (unless you're simply more efficient at using the menu, i'm a macro *** so it's all i know).
 Shiva.Derek
Server: Shiva
user: Derek
By Shiva.Derek 2009-12-01 13:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

that's funny that out of like 20 posts only about 3-4 were helpful and relevant :P
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-01 13:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Derek said:
that's funny that out of like 20 posts only about 3-4 were helpful and relevant :P

Lol yes. But they where a big help.

I'm still laughing at them attempting to flame me, and it turning around onto them
 Ifrit.Rangappa
Server: Ifrit
user: Rangappa
By Ifrit.Rangappa 2009-12-01 13:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

um at 40 i think most blu's that even bother with BA, do fusion bomb toss. And i believe the skill chain is red lotus blade jet stream. Sorry if this was posted earlier. On birds i did CA-red lotus blade-sickle slash for gravitation and then BA mp drainkiss, timing is kinda tricky (at least for me, i might suck >.>), this would give back over 100mp if MB'd which was nice. 60+ i switched to /thf and started doing CA-Sneak att.-death scissors which did some nice damage. As far as macros:
/ja "Chain Affinity"
/wait 1
/red lotus blade
/wait 3(ish)
/ma "Jet Stream"
then on another macro would be:
/ja "Burst Affinity"
/wait 1
/ma "Bomb Toss"
anyway hope this helps a bit!
 Hades.Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-12-01 13:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Rangappa said:
um at 40 i think most blu's that even bother with BA, do fusion bomb toss. And i believe the skill chain is red lotus blade jet stream. Sorry if this was posted earlier. On birds i did CA-red lotus blade-sickle slash for gravitation and then BA mp drainkiss, timing is kinda tricky (at least for me, i might suck >.>), this would give back over 100mp if MB'd which was nice. 60 i switched to /thf and started doing CA-Sneak att.-death scissors which did some nice damage. As far as macros:
/ja "Chain Affinity"
/wait 1
/red lotus blade
/wait 3(ish)
/ma "Jet Stream"
then on another macro would be:
/ja "Burst Affinity"
/wait 1
/ma "Bomb Toss"
anyway hope this helps a bit!

Ahhh thanks man
 Valefor.Mattyc
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-12-01 13:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i like turtles
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-01 13:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Mattyc said:
i like turtles
Zombie kid is that you?
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-12-01 13:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

btw ba only use is for high level really but u can ba and do mp drainkiss after gravitation ball parking cuz i can remember but i think it was chain affinity > red lotus blade > death scissors > gravitation > ba mp drainkiss

i like using ba heat breath on omega and magic only mobs people can debate or disagree but most cases ba kinda a wasted ja in most cases
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-12-01 13:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Valefor.Mattyc said:
i like turtles
Zombie kid is that you?

yes its i the zombie jonny jon jon
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-01 13:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't do exactly what Rangappa said unless you've some kind of script automatically changing your gear for you. Have macros for CA and BA, then other macros for your spells and gear. So what they said, just not all together in 1 or 2 macros. I didn't MB my skillchains much until 48 when I could MB MP Drainkiss, Bomb Toss didn't seem worth it and most of the time there were issues with AoE. Expect your skillchains to be interrupted a lot unless you can anticipate other's WSs with Windower =\
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-12-01 13:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, I feel sorry for the OP... this thread has the answer in it thanks to a few people and the rest are bashing each other.

OP, may I make the suggestion that even if you are posting in a specific forum, try to give as much detail to the question because it does show on the recently commented list. I only suggest this because it makes it easier for everyone to answer that has any general knowledge.

Its seems as if Rangappa has answered your question though. So I will leave it at that.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-12-01 13:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Don't do exactly what Rangappa said unless you've some kind of script automatically changing your gear for you. Have macros for CA and BA, then other macros for your spells and gear. So what they said, just not all together in 1 or 2 macros. I didn't MB my skillchains much until 48 when I could MB MP Drainkiss, Bomb Toss didn't seem worth it and most of the time there were issues with AoE. Expect your skillchains to be interrupted a lot unless you can anticipate other's WSs with Windower =\

i love that chain affinity darkness inc. macroed for party to see after u use expacion u see like 6 tachi gekko's wtf r u doin!!! i hate people like that also those who see sekkanoki and close your darkess wth people doin on this game lol >.>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-01 13:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Wow, I feel sorry for the OP... this thread has the answer in it thanks to a few people and the rest are bashing each other.

OP, may I make the suggestion that even if you are posting in a specific forum, try to give as much detail to the question because it does show on the recently commented list. I only suggest this because it makes it easier for everyone to answer that has any general knowledge.

Its seems as if Rangappa has answered your question though. So I will leave it at that.
Shouldn't be necessary given that it clearly states we're in the Blue Mage forum =\ Reading comprehension {Can I have it?}
Valefor.Mattyc said:
i love that chain affinity darkness inc. macroed for party to see after u use expacion u see like 6 tachi gekko's wtf r u doin!!! i hate people like that also those who see sekkanoki and close your darkess wth people doin on this game lol >.>
Ugh, this -.- I don't mind Gekko too much as I can still close Darkness with Vertical Cleave, but I could have just used Vorpal Blade or even saved the TP for VCleave =\ Yay TParty, at least I can anticipate interruptions most of the time.

EDIT: Or lolSavage Blade for 3-step SC!
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-12-01 14:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Wow, I feel sorry for the OP... this thread has the answer in it thanks to a few people and the rest are bashing each other. OP, may I make the suggestion that even if you are posting in a specific forum, try to give as much detail to the question because it does show on the recently commented list. I only suggest this because it makes it easier for everyone to answer that has any general knowledge. Its seems as if Rangappa has answered your question though. So I will leave it at that.
Shouldn't be necessary given that it clearly states we're in the Blue Mage forum =\ Reading comprehension {Can I have it?}
Look I understand it is in the BLU forums.... I'm just saying that people don't always read or pay attention to what forums its in. I'm just trying to make a simple suggestion just so he doesn't have this issue again.
 Alexander.Zykei
Server: Alexander
user: Zykei
By Alexander.Zykei 2009-12-01 14:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually do 1 macro with CA+WS then after the WS animation click the spell macro right away. This way has never failed me but the macro with everything in 1 macro can fail if you lag or click too fast.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
Server: Bismarck
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2009-12-01 22:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

^^
this, have 1 macro for each CA n BA...at 40 it doesnt worth it to try to MB since most spell r AoE; CA n BA both add accuracy (macc for BA) to ur spell even with 0%tp so dont b afraid to use it.

like night said ur first good MB will b CA red lotus> sickle slash to make gravitation then MB with mp drainkiss (i had a dark/pluto staff macroed in mp drainkiss until lv60ish since most of the time u use it its with gravi MB) but been able to land MB is pretty easy just make sure u dont get interrupted. If u have any question with blu send me a msg ill b happy to help ya
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-12-02 00:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:

Valefor.Mattyc said:
Ugh, this -.- I don't mind Gekko too much as I can still close Darkness with Vertical Cleave, but I could have just used Vorpal Blade or even saved the TP for VCleave =\ Yay TParty, at least I can anticipate interruptions most of the time.

EDIT: Or lolSavage Blade for 3-step SC!

true true but still i think they do on purpose to piss on "your" skillchain....