WTF Chat Filter... Doesn't Understand Engrish?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » WTF Chat Filter... Doesn't Understand Engrish?
WTF Chat Filter... Doesn't Understand Engrish?
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-22 13:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
So we should contact a GM whenever we mention cake, cookies, or otherwise and it gets filtered.

That's the only way to keep the filter updated yeah, so just don't hesitate.
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2009-11-22 14:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

stop free trial accounts
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-22 15:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew this chat filter thing is full of ***. I have it on and I still get spam /tells. There have become fewer in number, but they still get through.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-11-22 18:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently on Diabolos, they've stopped trying at all. The www.oosale.com became "www. oosa|e .com" after the update, then evolved to "www oosa|e cgm g=o"... and now it's back to "www.oosale.com" and it gets through everytime, with filter on. I haven't had any issues where my tells have been blocked yet though. /fingers crossed.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-11-22 18:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Luelle said:
Lol my friend was telling me about how his neighbor gave him cake and cookies and that got blocked.
What does SE have against cake and cookies??

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!

seriously though people really expected this to work right? try using the language filter sometime that been in place for years and see how screwed up that is with the stuff it just randomly filters..
 Remora.Sedda
Server: Remora
user: Sedda
By Remora.Sedda 2009-11-22 22:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Stopping free accounts won't work. And there is nothing really they can do to stop them. RTMs will place spaces..commas..periods..anything to get their tells out. I've already gone to a few customer services and cursed them out over this. I've had a few just not even respond and run out of the room XD
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-22 23:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Sedda said:
Stopping free accounts won't work.

Why wouldn't this work? Did you not notice that RMT /tells only started to appear when trial accounts were introduced?
[+]
 Remora.Sedda
By Remora.Sedda 2009-11-23 00:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Free trial or not they will find a way. They always have as painful as it is.
 Caitsith.Frysia
Server: Caitsith
user: Frysia
By Caitsith.Frysia 2009-11-23 00:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Not related to the topic...but your color scheme combined with your backround is an optical illusion. The Pink pops out and the Blue is on the backround while the yellow is in between the two. How can you stand that while playing it makes my eyes hurt, lol.
 Remora.Sedda
By Remora.Sedda 2009-11-23 00:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Frysia said:
Not related to the topic...but your color scheme combined with your backround is an optical illusion. The Pink pops out and the Blue is on the backround while the yellow is in between the two. How can you stand that while playing it makes my eyes hurt, lol.
Mrrow? Who's background? *blink blink*
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-11-23 01:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't read the rest of this thread. I'm all for the filter. I've got significantly less RMT tells since the filter was implemented. I think its great, the only site I keep getting tells from is www.oosale.com or some crap like that. I report it every time. They keep doing stupid stuff like wvvw.oosale.com or www.oosale.(om but at least I get less per day.

I've never had any tells blocked by the filter, so I think its great

The thing is, first off a single tell from an RMT just report it, who cares? Is it that annoying, just ignore it or report it. SE or Blizzard doesn't matter the company, they can never get rid of RMT.

I think the best thing would be to limit /tell per minute on trial accounts, if possible. That way new real players can use /tell, but can't abuse it. Real people don't spam tells to 60 people in a minute, maybe a few just talking to their friend.

All-in-all I love the new filter, I maybe get one or 2 RMT /tells per day instead of the 10-20 I'd get before.
 Asura.Jesyvut
Server: Asura
user: Jesyvut
By Asura.Jesyvut 2009-11-23 01:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I try to make all the chat types as different colored as possible so I can make exactly what type it is without thinking, and after having the same theme for 4+ years, it's all second nature to me now.
 Lakshmi.Vawn
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vawn
By Lakshmi.Vawn 2009-11-23 09:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
They need to combat RMT with all available tools. This is just one of many tools used against RMTs, and I for one am glad that this is here. And Japanese don't hate fat people....

Oh they do, they just aren't as vocal about it.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-23 10:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never had an issue with RMT tells. I get them, ignore them, and move on. Not that hard to do.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-24 05:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Let me guess, vet?

Did you give the cat a bath, that caused it to chew you up?

We don't give cats baths (thank god.) He wasn't to happy about sticking a thermometer up its ***. (Yes, I work at a vet.)
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-11-24 05:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Sedda said:
Stopping free accounts won't work. And there is nothing really they can do to stop them. RTMs will place spaces..commas..periods..anything to get their tells out. I've already gone to a few customer services and cursed them out over this. I've had a few just not even respond and run out of the room XD

I believe that less RMT's would be willing to actually pay for every new account they have to open after getting banned. Before SE decided to throw out free trial accounts in the manner they're doing these days I never once got a tell from an RMT.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-24 08:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

*** spam messages keep getting through. If SE wanted to PRETEND to help us, they should just tell us we're *** and let the RMT roam around like saplings in the highlands. *** ***.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-11-24 09:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I was trying to have a discussion with a LS mate about CoP stuff, but ended up doing it in /p just so it wouldn't filter.

I had to turn off my filter for Dyna leader to be able to /tell me.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-24 09:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

is it a server thing, or are other people having spammers go through their chat filters?
SE said:
The reason why we added this feature in the November update is because we want to give our players a false sense of hope, letting them think that we are indeed trying to protect them from spammers. It was the same situation with the security tokens, with all that propaganda about how it will protect their accounts from being hacked. Ever since then, hacked account numbers have sky-rocketed.
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-11-24 10:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm whats "Engrish" O.o
I think the whole replacing R's
with L's is Gay +.+
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-11-24 11:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're gay.
By Mikumaru 2009-11-24 11:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Seconded , u r gey .
but srsly , there have been a few ppl in LS that have complained about the chat filter . I dont use it and have found that the tells have dropped considerably . I have to agree with the notion that in order to truely combat these RT companies you have to go for thier juggular , which are the players buying thier gilz and accounts .
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [113 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Klikevil
Server: Bismarck
user: klikevil
By Bismarck.Klikevil 2010-03-17 10:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

meh this may be kind of an old topic, but ddos attacks still seem to be pretty effective.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/4201/preattack.png

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2568/middleattack.png

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4289/attackfin.png

[+]
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-03-17 13:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever I see these legitimate tell filters, I can't figure out for the life of me why they're begin targeted, lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Quickmart
Server: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Quickmart 2010-03-21 00:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The only reason they change their tells at all is they get this handy message telling them they got filtered that exists in case of false positives that should not have a chance of even happening, and yet do.

I have delicious cake
looks NOTHING like
the cheapest and the fastest gil <website>
or
!e = oo

How do you even f*ck that up to start with?

what we should have gotten was this:
/filter add <word or phrase here>
with NO error message. If I didn't want it blocked explicitly it wouldn't be on my personal client side list and the RMT would never know whats in the list.
Garuda.Antipika said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
So we should contact a GM whenever we mention cake, cookies, or otherwise and it gets filtered.

That's the only way to keep the filter updated yeah, so just don't hesitate.
Sick of waiting around for GM's every time their filter lets garbage through or blocks my friends.
 Unicorn.Celestius
By Unicorn.Celestius 2010-03-21 00:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

this is a japanese game, english speakers: you are guests
[+]
 Unicorn.Celestius
By Unicorn.Celestius 2010-03-21 00:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would SEinc stop their own gilsellers? YOU cant sell gil, they can.
[+]
 Unicorn.Ducea
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-03-21 00:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

whenever I ask someone "what level?" if they reply with just the # it gets filtered. even if they add a word or two and the # its filtered. basicly need a whole sentence to find out what level something is... however, i havent received any rmt spam lately. so the pros are beating the cons
Server: Fenrir
user: Loltron
By Fenrir.Gimmeurselables 2010-03-21 00:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Celestius said:
this is a japanese game, english speakers: you are guests
LOL stfu
 Unicorn.Celestius
By Unicorn.Celestius 2010-03-21 00:58:36