Tis The Season! Get A Custom Made FFXI Hat!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Fan-Art » Tis the season! Get a custom made FFXI hat!
Tis the season! Get a custom made FFXI hat!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-11-21 19:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Once I talk to my parents about their paypal account I'll order a Rdm hat.
By Serileth 2009-11-21 20:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Once I talk to my parents about their paypal account I'll order a Rdm hat.

That's great. Just pm me when you are ready ^^
By Serileth 2009-11-21 20:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Bam, congrats on your new orders and the success of the thread! Now Rinie doesn't have to get you a present! lol

JUST AS PLANNED.

XD lol I owe her now.
 Fenrir.Asri
Server: Fenrir
user: Asri
By Fenrir.Asri 2009-11-21 20:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The Maat's Cap Serileth made me is awesome. I'm pretty positive it'll be worth the $30 price range.

I won the Maat's Cap in the photo from one of her contests a while back. It's made from some pretty heavy duty fabric and can definitely take some wear and tear. It's also very comfortable...and makes me want to cosplay Maat someday...

Anyways, just thought I'd share. She's really very talented. :D

**Edit** woops, forgot the caap:

[+]
By Serileth 2009-11-21 20:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Asri said:
The Maat's Cap Serileth made me is awesome. I'm pretty positive it'll be worth the $30 price range.

I won the Maat's Cap in the photo from one of her contests a while back. It's made from some pretty heavy duty fabric and can definitely take some wear and tear. It's also very comfortable...and makes me want to cosplay Maat someday...

Awww >w< ty
 Fenrir.Rinielenika
By Fenrir.Rinielenika 2009-11-21 21:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Serileth said:
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Bam, congrats on your new orders and the success of the thread! Now Rinie doesn't have to get you a present! lol

JUST AS PLANNED.

XD lol I owe her now.

>.>;; You owe me nothing. Seriously ><;;

Fenrir.Asri said:

**Edit** woops, forgot the caap:

Dude epic!! Nice to see you wearing it too :O!! GOD I WISH I LOOKED GOOD IN HATS T___T
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-21 21:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns out I did my budget whilst missing one check, so I've got some room. *Wiggle Wiggle*

Seeing as the PM button is invisible, I'm currently looking for the email on DA. So, expect something once I learn to navigate!
By Serileth 2009-11-21 22:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
Turns out I did my budget whilst missing one check, so I've got some room. *Wiggle Wiggle*

Seeing as the PM button is invisible, I'm currently looking for the email on DA. So, expect something once I learn to navigate!

There should be a little button towards the top right called "Note" It's DA's pm system ^^
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-21 22:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Serileth said:
There should be a little button towards the top right called "Note" It's DA's pm system ^^

Thanks. My friend just sent a message using her DA account, and thanks in advance.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-11-21 22:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Full Wyrm armor set. {Yes, please.}

... wait... what material is it made of anyway >.>
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-21 22:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd take a blm AF hat. it's gotta be huge and not some lil pointy thing.
By Serileth 2009-11-21 23:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
i'd take a blm AF hat. it's gotta be huge and not some lil pointy thing.

Well... the one I made has a rim that's almost a foot and a half in diamater.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-21 23:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

get like a 3 foot brim and 4 feet tall ^^ i wanna look like vivi next halloween.
By Serileth 2009-11-21 23:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
get like a 3 foot brim and 4 feet tall ^^ i wanna look like vivi next halloween.

XD
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-21 23:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the blue snuggie and i'm just missing the hat!
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-22 01:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, Asri's eyes are pretty. XD nohomonohomo~
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-22 01:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that like a sound of you eating their eyes or a word? lol too close to "nom"!
By Serileth 2009-11-22 01:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Wow, Asri's eyes are pretty. XD nohomonohomo~

She's an amazing artist. You should see her stuff :3
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-22 01:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

/dance

Glad that's out of the way, now I just need to hit the bank first thing Monday morning and I can be lazy for a week!
By Serileth 2009-11-22 02:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
/dance

Glad that's out of the way, now I just need to hit the bank first thing Monday morning and I can be lazy for a week!

Oh, you were part of the 3 hat order right?
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-22 02:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Serileth said:
Oh, you were part of the 3 hat order right?

That's correct. The DA account belongs to a friend, the order itself was mine. The AF1 RDM Hat is for a friend back home, and the other two are for Mai as a Christmas gift and myself because I'm selfish.

Although I'm somewhat curious, what's the difference between each hat exactly? IE: Mithra Female, Hume Male, etc?
By Serileth 2009-11-22 03:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the back of the hat. The mithra version of the RDM connects two flaps in the back, whereas the hume do not. The elvaan versions don't even have the flaps at all.

For the BLM, hume and mithra have the extra tab in the back, elvaan, taru and galka do not.

For some hats, just the gender affects how the hat looks. Such as the Sha'ir turban. The elvaan are different from everyone else(no chin strap), and depending on if its male or female, the loose piece of fabric falls on the left or right side of the hat.
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2009-11-22 03:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The colour seemed off from Maats actual cap, is that because of copyright issues or just impossible to find material to match. I'd love to buy a Maat's cap after the holidays.
 Fenrir.Rinielenika
By Fenrir.Rinielenika 2009-11-22 04:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Snoochybooch said:
The colour seemed off from Maats actual cap, is that because of copyright issues or just impossible to find material to match. I'd love to buy a Maat's cap after the holidays.

From what I've seen of the hat in game to the hat IRL she made, the fabric just has a really weird "lusty"-ness to it. It can be rather blue in right lighting, but because of different camera lighting positions, it appears a little dull. The fabric is still maybe not "picture perfect", but its really soft and durable. Probably the best you're going to get unless she tried to bleach it a little lighter I'd assume :X which is an extremely hard process to do.

It took us a few good hours of picking out fabric types and colors and mix-matching while making my hoodie to get something close with how little fabric choice there is that is durable and machine-washable, while still keeping a decent in-game look. :X
By Serileth 2009-11-22 04:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinielenika said:
Carbuncle.Snoochybooch said:

From what I've seen of the hat in game to the hat IRL she made, the fabric just has a really weird "lusty"-ness to it. It can be rather blue in right lighting, but because of different camera lighting positions, it appears a little dull. The fabric is still maybe not "picture perfect", but its really soft and durable. Probably the best you're going to get unless she tried to bleach it a little lighter I'd assume :X which is an extremely hard process to do.

It took us a few good hours of picking out fabric types and colors and mix-matching while making my hoodie to get something close with how little fabric choice there is that is durable and machine-washable, while still keeping a decent in-game look. :X

What she said lol Yes, I wanted microsuede for the cap and that was as close as I could get it >.<
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-22 10:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. Your attention to detail just makes me want to get one even more now. BUT YER SO BUSY T_T And... well... I may not have the funding. I WANT A MOOGLE CAP!! :D
By Serileth 2009-11-22 18:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Wow. Your attention to detail just makes me want to get one even more now. BUT YER SO BUSY T_T And... well... I may not have the funding. I WANT A MOOGLE CAP!! :D

If you don't have the funds now, you can always order one later ^^ Hat commissions are always open, unless something tragic were to happen T_T
 Siren.Khellendros
Server: Siren
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-12-07 06:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, I wonder if you could make a Beastmaster AF Hat? I know a person or two who'd love to wear a goat hat. :P
 Sylph.Serileth
Server: Sylph
user: Serileth
By Sylph.Serileth 2009-12-11 16:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Khellendros said:
Haha, I wonder if you could make a Beastmaster AF Hat? I know a person or two who'd love to wear a goat hat. :P

Lol I did make one once to go with my bst cosplay....but I hated it so much that I never wore it. It looked like in game.. but i never was a fan of that hat. I only made it so to be accurate to the whole set
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-12-11 16:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Chances are I'll be ordering a Rdm hat soon! :D