users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Winning Strategies for Shanatto Final fight
Winning Strategies for Shanatto Final fight
 Kujata.Matricide
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
By Kujata.Matricide 2009-11-15 16:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure of there was a post about this. Anyone got any tips on winning strats for this fight. and if so what was the setup. We tried RDM,WHM,WHM,SMN,MNK,SAM and was a epic fail at 30%. SAM was /nin and MNK was /war. Any thought would be helpful. Also shoudl we kill blm or whm first?
 Bismarck.Teeko
Server: Bismarck
user: Teeko96
By Bismarck.Teeko 2009-11-15 17:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Blm first best setup currently is.

SMN SMN SMN SMN WHM RDM

killed in in 7min
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-15 17:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah cool, love how SE plays on certain ways to beat different ones, *** everyone who doesnt have that job.

First expansion: RNG or gtfo

Second one: haven't beat

Third: SMN or gtfo?
 Kujata.Matricide
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Matricide 2009-11-15 17:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah out of all those jobs i got 0 at 75. SAM,THF,BRD,WAR,RNG at 75
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-15 17:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just do not bring a BLM. Completely useless :d Lucky I made it 1/1 cause seriously :

Elementals DoTs : Immune
Poison : Immune
Slow/Para/Blind : Immune
Nuke : 15~40 dmg
Stun : Only on D.Shanttoto / Shanttoto : immune
Bio/Dia : OK
Dispel : OK
Drain : As shitty as nuke

I went BLM/RDM cause leader said it was fine lol. Couldn't even backup status cure... And Cure III spam on people having 4000HP is meh.

My setup was : WHM WHM SAM SAM RDM BLM. Replace the BLM is with a BRD and it should be an easy win with soulvoice.
 Bismarck.Teeko
Server: Bismarck
user: Teeko96
By Bismarck.Teeko 2009-11-15 17:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said there isn't any other ways but i tried multiple ways. The way i stated is a flawless victory cannot imagine doing it any other way.
Server: Shiva
user: TWEWY
By Shiva.Gangstabigboi 2009-11-15 17:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

My group went 1/1 on this fight.

Setup was SAM, SAM, RNG74, WAR, WHM, WHM.

Having 2 WHMs is very nice for this due to having to spam Esuna and Curaga IV back to back when they start their WS spam.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-15 18:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Double Benediction can help a lot too !
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-11-15 18:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I won with:

2 SAM/NIns
1 WHM/???
1 66 WHM/???
1 WAR/NIN
1 MNK/NIN

4 solid DDs and 2 WHMs should be enough. Make sure EVERYONE brings Remedies to remove the debuffs you get from the scythe/staff WSs. WHMs should also have a Benediction order.

Anyway this is what we did:

1. Me (WAR/NIN) runs in and aggros them, I voke Light Shantotto and hold her, while MNK Chi Blasts Dark Shantotto and brings it to the SAMs at the start of the BC. Light Shantotto is not too had considering she behaved like a BLM and never got in melee range to me.

2. After Light Shantotto went after our melees I joined in on beating Dark Shantotto. Basicly just keep beating on her til she dies. At this point your WHMs NEED to keep spamming Curagas once Dark Shantotto goes into rage mode and spams attacks or it can get messy. Melee should counter the attack with using remedies so WHMs don't need to waste time keeping the PT alive. We nearly died a few times with 2 curaga spams. They can stay out of range of the WSs, so unless they're going to Benediction they should stay back.

3. After you endure the beating and kill Dark Shantotto (Her rage needs to wear off before she can die) just take down Light Shantotto and it's over.

NOTE: A wipe can be very possible at phase 2, if you wipe make sure everyone is far enough away to RR without getting aggro. If you manage to get Dark Shantotto to rage before a wipe she won't again from what people say, but she'll still use her scythe attack very frequent.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-11-15 19:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You can win with the SMN burn approach, but I've never tried it. I'm 0/5 so far with "traditional" setups. We've attacked dark Shantotto 4 times, and light Shantotto once. It seems that light Shantotto is more squishy, but if you take her first, she will have access to Meteor when in rage mode.

Any job with /NIN can kite. I've been doing it on BRD without any problems. On the initial attempt, the kiter will lose hate when the engaged Shantotto gets to around 75%. The kited Shantotto will start assisting and casting nukes on the melee at that point. Once the engaged Shantotto reaches 50%, both Shantotto's will target the person at the top of the hate list and make light and dark skillchains. The weaponskill damage is AoE. If you do wipe before the first Shantotto dies, then on your next attempt after RR, the kited Shantotto will stay on the kiter until the engaged Shantotto is down to around 50% HP.

The approach that Corrderio posted is solid. There are two points of emphasis though:

1) Everyone MUST have Echo Drops. The melee MUST have Remedies. The Shantottos' weaponskills cause a shitload of status effects, and the mages won't have time to remove them. If the melee have enough Remedies, give a few to the mages. They'll probably get hit with Paralyze at one point or another.

2) When a Shantotto goes below 50% and goes into rage mode, mages must SPAM Curagas. If your mages are not casting a Curaga at any given moment, they are in the wrong. Are the DDs in white HP? Doesn't matter. They won't be for much longer. Cast the highest available tier of Curaga. DON'T STOP CASTING YOUR GOD DAMN CURAGAS UNTIL IT'S DEAD! This isn't a time for MP conservation or being wary of pulling hate. Cast Curaga. I cannot emphasize this enough as the sheer amount of damage done is incredible. You cannot survive the rage mode without insane amounts of healing. I've lost this fight several times with mages sitting on over 2k MP.
 Pandemonium.Melaise
Server: Pandemonium
user: Melly
By Pandemonium.Melaise 2009-11-15 20:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

My group went as :

WHM RDM SAM x2 MNK RNG

Had RNG Shadowbind/kite and RDM bind White Mage Shantotto (she gave us zero problems while we fought D. Shantotto), while Melee zerged down D. Shantotto. We almost got both taru's down without a wipe, I didn't have Windower up so I'm gonna assume.. we got the other one down to 20% before we started to fall one by one. We wiped, rested to full and then took down White Mage Shantotto. Both SAMs used their 2hr on D. Shantotto and the RNG and MNK used their 2hrs on White Mage Shantotto. I had to Bene during D.Shantotto, RDM back up cured.

I STRONGLY recommend everyone have atleast 6 remedys, INCLUDING mages. Also Echo Drops! Mages should bring a few ethers in case of a wipe to regain mp as fast as possible, I didn't bring any but it would of been nice to of had them.

We also broke the record for our server :) Well, for now we hold the title :D

GL to everyone doing this fight! The CS is silly.
[+]
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-15 21:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really understanding the add-on stuff just yet, but seriously, WHY would you bring a BLM to THE BLM in the game?

Surely she'd be immune or have a terribly high resistance versus her own spells?

SMN Strat is a bit sexy. Showing the player base the power and potential of that job.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-16 01:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
I'm not really understanding the add-on stuff just yet, but seriously, WHY would you bring a BLM to THE BLM in the game?

Surely she'd be immune or have a terribly high resistance versus her own spells?

Because I'm BLM only :p ? Still that's the proof that even with a setup which is not perfect, you can win this fight. And BLM/WHM would have been way more useful, could be on status cure duty letting WHM focus on curing.

I was almost certain that nuke were gonna sux, still BLM is ok even if magic damage are bad (I've pretty done everything in this game, and they are lot of situation/monster where nuke are just not an option). I was hoping to be able to ele dot/stun at least.

You recognize who is decent at its job and who isn't on such situations by the way. The subpar player will just try to reconsider a lolwin strategy and bring like SMN only etc. Others will try to adapt themselves and still manage to win the fight.
[+]
 Remora.Husband
user: husband
By Remora.Husband 2009-11-16 10:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you get all 16 key items. Doesn't take long at all.

Standard party setup can beat this. I found this the fairest fight of all the add ons with regards to what jobs you can take to it.

Fight was pretty straight forward 1/1. Just keep grinding them down and kill D.Shantotto first, while RDM kites Shantotto. Soul Voice and DD 2 Hour when D.Shantotto at 30%.

Wipe at door like wiki says as you will not be weakened, buff up. Kill Shantotto.

Easy Win.

BRD/WHM
RDM/NIN
WHM/SCH
SAM/NIN
MNK/NIN
SMN/WHM

I found out later that subbing /NIN was not recommended for DD jobs on the guides I later read. Sub what you want to do most damage.
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-11-16 10:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 2/3 using the 2WHM 4DD method.

First run was DRG/NIN, DRG/NIN, SAM/NIN, WHM/SCH, WHM/SCH, BRD/NIN.
We attacked D. Shantotto first. The BRD and 1 DRG 2hr'd right from the start, when D. Shantotto was at 50% the the SAM and other DRG started 2hrs. It did get a little dicey, we did a full wipe with D. Shantotto at 1%. Thanks to the unweakened, RR the DRG's got up and Jumped her to death. After Shantotto reset we got back up and rested to full, Shantotto is a pushover by herself.

Second run went wrong, I'm not sure how but it was a wipe with D. Shantotto not being even close to death. SAM/NIN, SAM/NIN, DRG/NIN, BRD/WHM, WHM/BLM, WHM/BLM.

Most people reran for the ???, I stayed behind the door to let everybody back in without having to light the lamps. Then we tried it a 3rd time after 2hr'd were back up. Smooth win, we had the DRG hold Shantotto away from the group at the start. When Shantotto came over to assist D. Shantotto the WHM's were ready with Curaga's and Esuna's (One WHM stayed in Misery mode just for that).

Thanks for the heads up on Bind, we'll have to use that next time we go in. :D
 Remora.Damonica
user: DaMonica
By Remora.Damonica 2009-11-16 10:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam/Nin x3
Whm/Nin x1
Whm/Smn x1
Rdm/Nin x1

Rdm kited Shantotto (whm version) while sams killed D. Shantotto.
 Remora.Belius
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-16 11:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:

Because I'm BLM only :p ? Still that's the proof that even with a setup which is not perfect, you can win this fight. And BLM/WHM would have been way more useful, could be on status cure duty letting WHM focus on curing.

I was almost certain that nuke were gonna sux, still BLM is ok even if magic damage are bad (I've pretty done everything in this game, and they are lot of situation/monster where nuke are just not an option). I was hoping to be able to ele dot/stun at least.

You recognize who is decent at its job and who isn't on such situations by the way. The subpar player will just try to reconsider a lolwin strategy and bring like SMN only etc. Others will try to adapt themselves and still manage to win the fight.

Oh okay. :P Leech.

You do need to say though, for an experienced player who knows their jobs that you can bring a BLM. Most of the people out there are idiots who just go nuke crazy never caring about the hate threshold. And there even more idiots who will go on to manafont with low MP just so they can keep nuking.

Bytheby. A win is a win no matter how it has come about, right? :P
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-16 11:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
This. <3
Remora.Belius said:
Most of the people out there are idiots who just go nuke crazy never caring about the hate threshold.
These are usually the noob BLMs you see in Dynamis who constantly Level Down to 74.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-16 11:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:

I love you too <3
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-11-16 13:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just won again, setup was:

WHM/SCH x2
RDM/BLM
WAR/NIN
BLU/NIN
MNK/???

Pretty much the same thing, except the RDM held Light Shantotto while the BLU, WAR, and MNK beat down D. Shantotto then 2Hed at ~50%, at that point it was just putting faith in the WHMs to keep us alive w/ Curagas/Benediction while we slowly beat down D. Shantotto, then after she dies went after Light Shantotto.

Light Shantotto got a little nasty since hate was kind of going left and right between the DDs and mages, however we won without any deaths.