"Mini-Expansions": Cheapest Way To Get Them?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » "Mini-Expansions": Cheapest way to get them?
"Mini-Expansions": Cheapest way to get them?
 Asura.Volition
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Volition
By Asura.Volition 2009-11-12 12:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

With the ultimate collection out now, it includes everything for $20. Is there a way to buy the 3 mini xpacs for cheap too just by themselves, or am I forced to spending $10 on each if I don't get the box?
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-12 14:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I'd say the cheapest way would have to be through the ultimate collection. :)
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-12 14:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously. With the Ultimate Collection you get the 3 mini expansions, plus an updated copy of the game and still save 10 bucks than you would buying them all by themselves.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-11-12 14:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

but would the collection include a code for each expansion and scenario?
or it will be just one big code that activates everything?
if so, that would defeat the purpose of buying it this way and using the codes for an already existing account
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-12 14:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume each thing has it's own registration code. Every edition I bought came that way.
 Cerberus.Splice
user: Splice
By Cerberus.Splice 2009-11-12 14:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Since they have it on one DVD-ROM, i think it would only include one code to activate the entire set. That's what they did with the 2008 Collection; the core and 4 expansions on one registry code. I see no reason why this would be any different.
 Garuda.Poetsave
Server: Garuda
user: Poetsave
By Garuda.Poetsave 2009-11-12 17:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I just bought the Ultimate Collection for an account that didn't have WoTG or any add-ons and the one reg code worked to activate all expan the account didn't have and all the add-ons.
 Phoenix.Darkodin
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkodin
By Phoenix.Darkodin 2009-11-12 20:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Stubbs said:
Don't buy this off Amazon, I'm having the worst experience ever with it. I preordered about 3 weeks ago, Amazon denies me getting to choose my own shipping method, and on Monday decided "Screw it, it still hasn't shipped I'll just cancel my order and go pick it up elsewhere tomorrow." Amazon gave me an error saying my order was too close to shipping to cancel. Fast forward Tuesday night and they finally decide to ship. Tonight(Thursday) it has yet to leave their warehouse, and has an ETA of late next week. Oh, and the town its shipping from is only like a two hour drive from me -.- It was nice when ToAU and WoTG arrived at my house the same mornings of release.
Lol, you should go over there and demand that they give you your copy!
Anyways, the ultimate collection does seem like the logical choice.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [105 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-25 19:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

:3

Buahahahahaaa....

So! A couple days ago I saw this ad, and was like, "HELL YEAH, MY 红包 (Lunar New Year money) WILL BE PUT TO GOOD USE!"

Drove over to GameStop right after class:

<Anye> :D DO YOU HAVE FINAL FANTASY ELEVEN'S VANA'DIEL COLLECTION
<Cashier guy> Huh? Final Fantasy Thirteen?
<Anye> FINAL FANTASY ELEVEN--The Vana'diel Collection that's going for $15 right now. D:
<Cashier guy> Oh, uh. I think we stopped doing that.
<Anye> DDDD;< BUT I JUST CHECKED THE SITE AND--AND-- ; ;!!!
<Cashier guy> OH, you mean the Ultimate Collection? Yeah, we have it, let me get it. I thought you were talking about Chains of something.
<Anye> D: THAT'S OLD--I mean, @_@ Thank you....

Aaaannd {Just used it.} :3

$5 per add-on and Nexus Cape. \o\ Plus back-up discs in case I ever screw up my computer (again).

Make fun of me all you want, but I'm pretty stoked~ :3
 Fenrir.Tiaraa
Server: Fenrir
user: Tiaraa
By Fenrir.Tiaraa 2010-02-26 04:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if this is available in the UK >.>
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-26 04:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think so ._. You could prolly order the CD's and they might send them, but I know when it was first introduced they didn't ><

EDIT: I just checked amazon.com (the order thing pops up 2 links, one is amazon) and they ship internationally >_> Could try ordering a DVD off them, let me know if you get one! If you do, ima order one! I could use the codes for ACP/MKE/ASA XD
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-02-26 08:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Chains of Something. lol I'm tempted to pounce on this despite not having plans to play again in the future just in case, but it reeks of "NYAHHHH JUST ONE LAST COLLECTION BASKET BEFORE WE START AN ELECTRICAL FIRE IN THE XI SERVER/MAINTENANCE CLOSET"