Forum » FFXI » General » The Shiny New Weapons Relevance
The Shiny New Weapons Relevance
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-11-10 21:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone noticed, that the bluish, shiny weapons, have a counterpart,(with names that sorta make it sound useless, chipped/cracked/dull etc.) thats 1DMG and the same jobs? I wonder if its going to be part of the new Atomos area or something..

Examples inc..
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=17765 = Concordia
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=17767
= Chipped Scimitar
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-10 21:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

1DMG weapons drop from 5 Fomor NMs (1 per race) in the past (Citadel, Necropolis, Nest) that use the Aern-looking weapons. That's all we know right now, the first drops were literally a few hours ago. Some kind of upgrade process is the obvious conclusion though.
 Fairy.Usua
Server: Fairy
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2009-11-11 08:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
1DMG weapons drop from 5 Fomor NMs (1 per race) in the past (Citadel, Necropolis, Nest) that use the Aern-looking weapons. That's all we know right now, the first drops were literally a few hours ago. Some kind of upgrade process is the obvious conclusion though.

The new synergy system is my guess.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-11 10:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking it's not synergy actually, since the 1DMG weapons and the shiny weapons are all rare/ex, although I don't have a solution to what the upgrade process actually will be.

First look at the Concordia NM is that they're *** hard, but hopefully I can put together a much more organised group to have a better attempt at it now that I've learnt a few things.