ATTN: Smokers, I Have A Question.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » ATTN: Smokers, I have a question.
ATTN: Smokers, I have a question.
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 14:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you smoke? What is the reason for you smoking and what is the motivation of you continuing to smoke?

(Pot doesn't count. >.>;)
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 14:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I give this thread two hours before it's in Flame Core.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 14:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:

Hey, good job at contributing.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 14:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I don't smoke but I've definitely seen the whole you can't take a smoke or other break if you aint smoking. And I've known people who started cause of that
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-08 14:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Please flame core this thread. j/p

they smoke because they are dumb and want to get pancreatic cancer like Patric Swayze. Then QQ about it creating a audio tape and book.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 14:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:

I don't smoke, so I can't contribute.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-08 14:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:

No worries , I support this thread. Pot does not count.. anyway who smokes that ***is a n00b.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 14:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
I don't smoke

Smart guy.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 14:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Smart guy.

I think so too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-08 14:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Smart guy.

I think so too.

Me too no smoking for me.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 14:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol now you've done now I have a MJ add on here
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-11-08 14:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious, too.
I can't think of an amount of stress that would even make me consider it knowing how it could easily shorten my life.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 14:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Smart guy.

I think so too.

I'm going to attempt not to get flamed by you in this thread. You seem to hate my guts since I told you that an archer and a ranger are not similar.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 14:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well really though I mean drinking is bad for you people do that. Caffiene is all kinds of bad to yet most this country is friggin hard core addicts. People want there fix
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 14:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
I'm going to attempt not to get flamed by you in this thread. You seem to hate my guts since I told you that an archer and a ranger are not similar.

It's your avatar. =\

I don't hate you, sorry if you got that impression. I think we just disagree a lot. :P

Let's flame the smokers instead!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 14:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well really though I mean drinking is bad for you people do that. Caffiene is all kinds of bad to yet most this country is friggin hard core addicts. People want there fix

Actually, it's been scientifically proven that caffiene on its own will have no negative effects on your body asides from causing over alertness and possibly hyperactivity. Healthwise it does nothing long term.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 14:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

[Thing with smoking is that some people go out their way of getting a freaking cig. So desperate that it's pathetic.

Drinking and smoking are different things. Smoking doesn't affect someone like drinking can.

And it's a nr.1 turnoff on chicks for me. Completely grosses me out when I get a smoke smelling breath in my face.
[+]
 Bismarck.Narayan
Server: Bismarck
user: Filiros
By Bismarck.Narayan 2009-11-08 14:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it sobers you up while taking xtc. Also sniffing Vicks Vapor Rub, massaging hands, drinking water or orange juice helps the high.

I don't do drugs anymore so I just got the legal smoking habit w.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 14:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing nicer than kissing an ashtray!

Although the part about smokers (not smoking) I dislike is they share it with people who have chosen not to smoke. That's when it pisses me off. They're welcome to kill themselves, but I'd sooner they didn't kill me just for their next fix. Drinking on the other hand... Well, it might make me comatose, but it won't affect Frank or Bob sat next to me in the bar.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-08 14:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You should ask the girls that smoke during their pregnancy. They just give the reason of "Well my doctor said it's ok, as long as its not too much." Most ppl I knew that smoke/d say it is from when they were in school just to be part of the cool kids, some for stress, and some just don't even know why.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-11-08 14:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont smoke either, but i dont think theres any motivation to smoke after you have doing it for a while (other than the addiction), i think most people would quit if it was easy unless they are dumb enough to say "its worth it".

As for starting on a regular basis, i have no idea, but in most cases it probably starts with social smoking at parties or whatnot with peer pressure.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 14:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Actually, it's been scientifically proven that caffiene on its own will have no negative effects on your body asides from causing over alertness and possibly hyperactivity. Healthwise it does nothing long term.

Look again. There are plenty of long term negative affects.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 14:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Scientifically, there's not. Caffiene can act as a catalyst towards other conditions or illnesses, but the average healthy adult will not get any long term effects from drinking loads of coffee.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 14:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Minusseven said:
social smoking at parties or whatnot with peer pressure.

If that's the reason it's an easy way to judge a character. I have no respect whatsoever for people that fall for peer pressure.
[+]
 Fairy.Specopsz
Server: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-11-08 14:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I work in a paint shop, so its kind of a soother.
Try working with older woman that are ***.
"omg my car is like so scatched,"
I tell them the price, I never hear the end of it.
Now you see my exscuse.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-08 14:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Peer pressure.
To relax.
I need a donut or a cig with my cup of coffee.
/end thread.
[+]
 Ramuh.Zangada
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-11-08 14:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
[Thing with smoking is that some people go out their way of getting a freaking cig. So desperate that it's pathetic. Drinking and smoking are different things. Smoking doesn't affect someone like drinking can. And it's a nr.1 turnoff on chicks for me. Completely grosses me out when I get a smoke smelling breath in my face.

Idk where u ger ur facts but drinking and smoking can kill u. Addiction plays a big factor im smoking, i did it for 8yrs and quit in 2 days. So dont go blaming ppl becasue these companies lie to u and sell u dangerous and addictive substance. I sure in the hell didnt know the serious danger when i started, didnt even have any of the warnings they have now.
[+]
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-08 14:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I started smoking shortly after my friend Steve died three days after Christmas a few years back. Since then, it's been a way for me to relax during/after a long day, or just when I need a break.

Smoking is mostly an oral fixation, or something people do when they don't know what to do with their hands during downtime. Smoking is also a very social activity. I myself can't finish a cigarette when I'm by myself, and I smoke maybe 1-2 cigarettes a day if I'm home by myself...all day. However, when I'm with friends, I might smoke half of that pack in a night.

Smoking does different things for different people. Yes, we know it's bad for us. No, you don't need to tell us that every time we light up a cigarette. You also don't need to complain when we're smoking and you sit down somewhere near us.

There are many other harmful things people can do to their bodies to get the same effect that cigarettes have, so don't just harp on people who smoke.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 14:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Zangada said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
[Thing with smoking is that some people go out their way of getting a freaking cig. So desperate that it's pathetic. Drinking and smoking are different things. Smoking doesn't affect someone like drinking can. And it's a nr.1 turnoff on chicks for me. Completely grosses me out when I get a smoke smelling breath in my face.

Idk where u ger ur facts but drinking and smoking can kill u. Addiction plays a big factor im smoking, i did it for 8yrs and quit in 2 days. So dont go blaming ppl becasue these companies lie to u and sell u dangerous and addictive substance. I sure in the hell didnt know the serious danger when i started, didnt even have any of the warnings they have now.

See, people like you are what's wrong in this discussion.

You THINK it wouldn't effect you physically when you light tobacco on fire and INHALE a fume throughout your body? GET REAL MAN.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 14:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Scientifically, there's not. Caffiene can act as a catalyst towards other conditions or illnesses, but the average healthy adult will not get any long term effects from drinking loads of coffee.

"In large amounts, and especially over extended periods of time, caffeine can lead to a condition known as caffeinism. Caffeinism usually combines caffeine dependency with a wide range of unpleasant physical and mental conditions including nervousness, irritability, anxiety, tremulousness, muscle twitching (hyperreflexia), insomnia, headaches, respiratory alkalosis, and heart palpitations.Furthermore, because caffeine increases the production of stomach acid, high usage over time can lead to peptic ulcers, erosive esophagitis, and gastroesophageal reflux disease.

There are four caffeine-induced psychiatric disorders recognized by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition: caffeine intoxication, caffeine-induced anxiety disorder, caffeine-induced sleep disorder, and caffeine-related disorder not otherwise specified (NOS)."

That is just the long term. It does all kinds of negative stuff and withdrawal can do all kinds of ***such as impairing short term memory and large amounts can lead to some rather interesting OD symptoms.
"It may include restlessness, nervousness, excitement, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irritability, irregular or rapid heart beat, and psychomotor agitation. In cases of much larger overdoses, mania, depression, lapses in judgment, disorientation, disinhibition, delusions, hallucinations, and psychosis may occur, and rhabdomyolysis (breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue) can be provoked"

Also death but really that's pretty hard to do from just drinking coffee/tea etc.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11