Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-12 11:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
RadialArcana said: »
The one part of the UI thing that would make me quit is the crystal travel system, without superwarp the game is really tiring if you multi box.

While I never used it... I remember hearing that superwarp had that one oddly listed teleport whereas if you curiously took it, it would soft-bind your character to an unknown location and basically *** you lmao. Gotta beg SE to free your from that limbo, in which case begged a ban.

They dont even look at you when you request an "unstuck" anymore. It just starts a 30 minute timer and you HP after 30 minutes.
it's been fully automated since like 2007
By Dodik 2024-05-12 11:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Packets are bad, maaan.
By Ovalidal 2024-05-12 11:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Ranoutofspace said: »
He can't not post.
Nice double negative.
Also are you the internet police?
Who gives a fk about your views on what someone feels like doing.
That double negative was intentional. He never said Eiryl should be banned, he simply said that Eiryl can't help himself. I can vouch for this too. People waste more time talking to Eiryl than they do doing anything else.

I'm poor as dirt, and I don't have enough time to justify staying subbed all the time as busy as my job keeps me. Eiryl falls apart at the thought of guys like me having a lot of fun for a couple free weeks a year in the game.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-12 11:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to know why you bother.

There are a million games you probably already bought on a steam sale sitting there that would better serve you.

You quit, stay quit, don't waste a week on some random waste of time *** for a game you'll never play again unless its free for a week.

If you can't bare to tell yourself the truth and answer, then don't. *** off. No one made you click the thread. No ones making you read this.
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-12 11:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I just want to know why you bother.

There are a million games you probably already bought on a steam sale sitting there that would better serve you.

You quit, stay quit, don't waste a week on some random waste of time *** for a game you'll never play again unless its free for a week.

It's probably the same feel as watching a "let's play" video for an old game on YouTube for an hour or two then move on.

Sometimes I want to experience the nostalgia for a bit, but I don't want to dedicate too much time and energy on the game itself. Then I do that: log on during free campaign or watch let's play video, use my imagination to fill the rest of the missing experience, then move on with life.

It has been an effective way to experience video games in fast track mode for me imo. Sometimes you don't have to play the whole game to experience part that you want.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-12 11:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If it were in fact fun they wouldn't have quit. After it stops being "fun" it's not magically fun again for a week 4 months later.

So no.

And they didn't run outta ***to do but now there's something new, either.

I'm actually really enjoying going around unlocking jobs I'd previously neglected and doing artifact quests (sadly I think I have to stop before getting RUN empyrean because the fight with the title sounds intense for having no gear.) That was something I wouldn't have done when I was paying, because it was a damn job then.

"Make sure you have impish boxes so we can not get adamantite armor again tonight", "VANA'BOUT, ***", "We should do Sortie today, come on, let's do Sortie." I'd spend most of my day on stuff I didn't want to do but felt compelled to because it was daily gated and the rest of my social circle wanted to do it.

Now, I have four usable jobs between three characters. My social circle is more of a dot. I can't do serious content, but I can do whatever the hell I want with my time. Free FFXI is casual FFXI, and I like that just fine.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-05-12 14:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
RadialArcana said: »
The one part of the UI thing that would make me quit is the crystal travel system, without superwarp the game is really tiring if you multi box.

While I never used it... I remember hearing that superwarp had that one oddly listed teleport whereas if you curiously took it, it would soft-bind your character to an unknown location and basically *** you lmao. Gotta beg SE to free your from that limbo, in which case begged a ban.

They dont even look at you when you request an "unstuck" anymore. It just starts a 30 minute timer and you HP after 30 minutes.
it's been fully automated since like 2007

I don't even know how to ask for an 'unstuck' in ffxi.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-05-12 15:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I came back to buy unlimited Bezos amounts of gil from Eiryl, but he talked me out of it
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-12 15:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

He talked you out of it because he doesnt have Bezos amounts of gil. If he did, he could deactivate all/half of his production bots for a mere month and join in on the "protest by deactivating your accounts" he vehemently tells people to do all the time.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-12 15:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
"protest by deactivating your accounts"
I went to Columbia University and screamed "DEATH TO SQUARE ENIX" and the protesters called the cops on me.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-12 15:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the thing - if you stop paying, companies that sell stuff to you stop caring what you think.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-12 16:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Here's the thing - if you stop paying, companies that sell stuff to you stop caring what you think.
To an extent
I think Sony caved to the pressure from the helldivers protest because thats still a new product (based Gabe telling Sony that they would issue refunds regardless of playtime helped too).

"Vote with your wallet" to a 22 year old MMO with ~70k subscribers isnt gonna do anything but have servers shut down or the plug pulled entirely (when they find it)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-12 17:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
"protest by deactivating your accounts"
I went to Columbia University and screamed "DEATH TO SQUARE ENIX" and the protesters called the cops on me.

Next time make sure to be naked while protesting against SE.

Also, add some NWO agendas to the protest, and the TV will even praise you
[+]
 Asura.Lewyo
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2024-05-12 17:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pointless playing FTP when they don't allow you to access all of your equipment, so technically why bother when it's not free to experience the game the way you left it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-12 17:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they never cared what you think. They cared that you stopped spending money.

But that's not what this thread is for. There is zero money involved.

This is not; You should quit

This is; You already chose to quit. Why are you logging in. That is stupid. Stop being stupid.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-12 17:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they never cared what you think. They cared that you stopped spending money.

But that's not what this thread is for. There is zero money involved.

This is not; You should quit

This is; You already chose to quit. Why are you logging in. That is stupid. Stop being stupid.
By ShepardGarrett 2024-05-12 18:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just logged in after like 7 years on ffxiah, just say damn Eiryl, what the heck is wrong dude?
[+]