First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Thunderjet 2024-03-28 02:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxidrama/s/FqztIkI5mS
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2024-03-28 09:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

good morning.

i was the person exploiting, there is an exploit regarding an unsanitized character name input, you can just terminate the query and start a new one. nothing is validated on the character string. it's a very simple SQL injection, there are over 50 places you can do it in the codebase. this is the tip of the iceberg and what I'm willing to explain.

the staff member removed may be being blamed for my actions, or they were also doing something shady but the majority of the bans seem to have been targeted on me. tbh i don't really care but since this is getting some attention on reddit i thought i'd add fuel to the fire as sometimes it's just funny to watch the world burn

i was supplying most of the major horizon RMTs under the guise that it was legitimate stock, had been doing this for over a year now. likely someone else can corroborate the above method since im sure this will be met with skepticism.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-28 09:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-28 12:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-03-28 12:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Reddit and Horizon at the same time? Go for the trifecta and lemonparty me
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-28 13:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

GetHelpNerd said: »
good morning.

i was the person exploiting, there is an exploit regarding an unsanitized character name input, you can just terminate the query and start a new one. nothing is validated on the character string. it's a very simple SQL injection, there are over 50 places you can do it in the codebase. this is the tip of the iceberg and what I'm willing to explain.

the staff member removed may be being blamed for my actions, or they were also doing something shady but the majority of the bans seem to have been targeted on me. tbh i don't really care but since this is getting some attention on reddit i thought i'd add fuel to the fire as sometimes it's just funny to watch the world burn

i was supplying most of the major horizon RMTs under the guise that it was legitimate stock, had been doing this for over a year now. likely someone else can corroborate the above method since im sure this will be met with skepticism.

I'm almost tempted to say you're doing God's work.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-03-28 13:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

im sure this will be met with skepticism

I really want to believe you, I also really want to believe you're trolling. I am going to explode in a firework of internal turmoil.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-03-28 16:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Take me in officer, it was me.
By K123 2024-03-28 17:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Reddit and Horizon at the same time? Go for the trifecta and lemonparty me
Reddit and Horizon and FFXIAH

So basically, loads of people in Horizon actually buy gil? But the only way to make loads of gil is by hacking, so people created loads of gil and sold it?
 Cerberus.Fishmonger
Server: Cerberus
user: Pometeme
By Cerberus.Fishmonger 2024-03-28 17:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

good morning.

i was the person exploiting, fanfic.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-28 17:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Had to be someone who knows how to manipulate
[+]
By Meeble 2024-03-28 18:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard it said that email scammers deliberately misspell words or add other obvious red flags to their lures as a form of filtering; They get fewer suckers, but ones they do get are more likely to fall for the actual scam.

I think it's the same thing when a pserver admin team asks for trust.

Don't worry, guys, I'm sure the next one will be different! /s
By fillerbunny9 2024-03-28 20:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

but I thought the appeal was that there wasn't any RMT? are you telling me that was a lie?!?

[+]
By Setsuko 2024-03-28 21:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
but I thought the appeal was that there wasn't any RMT? are you telling me that was a lie?!?

All of the private servers have dealt with RMT. Usually staff do their best to track it and ban those players, but obviously there will be others who find ways to not get caught. In any case, I don't think that anyone has ever said that private servers don't have RMT; they do, but it's not as rampant.
By fillerbunny9 2024-03-28 21:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Setsuko said: »

All of the private servers have dealt with RMT. Usually staff do their best to track it and ban those players, but obviously there will be others who find ways to not get caught. In any case, I don't think that anyone has ever said that private servers don't have RMT; they do, but it's not as rampant.

I was being facetious, I thought the shocked Pikachu would be enough to make that plain. having said that, there being a lack of RMT was frequently cited as a selling point in the initial waves of Horizon hype post-launch.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-28 21:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

facetious
Ppl dont understand this word anymore Filler, you are either "trolling" or serious. Sorry.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-28 22:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I was being facetious, I thought the shocked Pikachu would be enough to make that plain. having said that, there being a lack of RMT was frequently cited as a selling point in the initial waves of Horizon hype post-launch.

Thanks for reminding me of a trivia question- facetious has all the vowels, in order, and I believe is the only english word to do so.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-28 22:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

Thanks for reminding me of a trivia question- facetious has all the vowels, in order, and I believe is the only english word to do so.

Unless you consider y a vowel, then you want: facetiously
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-28 23:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

sometimes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-28 23:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

sometimes.
Let's go to the rulebook: *Opens wheel of fortune rulebook*

EDIT: ok I just got the sometimes comment. GJ sir.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2024-03-29 00:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

sometimes.

[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-29 05:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-03-29 06:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Buying gil on a private server that could die at any moment. Hilarious.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
Server: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2024-03-29 06:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Almost as funny as buying it on official when it could die at any moment. Sorry official is already dead, I should say shut down at any moment.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-03-29 07:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jdove said: »
Almost as funny as buying it on official when it could die at any moment. Sorry official is already dead, I should say shut down at any moment.

Predictable reply. It is far more likely the plug will get pulled on a private server than by the company owning the original. FFXI is part of the numbered series, so SE will keep it open for as long as they can, and they have proven this for years. I'd rather trust SE with my server than some randoms.

And no, I never have or will buy gil on the official servers. I believe in playing the game and earning my way through it. Shortcutting is mostly for lazy players, or returnees with full-time schedules, but want to catch up. Anyone playing on a private server has zero reason to buy gil. That is what makes it funny. If you play on a private server, you clearly have the time, or you're there for short-term nostalgia, neither of which warrants buying gil.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-29 07:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue seems to be that every time one of these new servers gets announced, they present themselves as ethical and above it all, then realize they can't do everything themselves. The type of people to volunteer help to the project want something out of it, whether it's money or 'power'.

Without the ability to charge for the server and give staff an incentive, the amount of quality volunteers will remain limited and we're going to see the same thing over and over. Why would you want to answer tickets from 80IQ poors arguing over claims all day if you didn't get anything out of it? Why would you want to work with LSB's codebase and try to address technical debt that's approaching the age of the ffxiv migrants? The amount of people who will do this solely for the sake of providing a fun experience to others is small to nonexistant.

It doesn't help that they're all ran by complete narcissists who can barely even code themselves. Again, comes back to the same issue: if they aren't being paid, why would they do it? In this case, it's so Aerec can LARP as Aerec-P and pad his own ego while giving his friends inside info and telling everyone else to play and find out.

Eventually, yes, retail will shut down. Eventually, there will probably be a private server that treats things professionally and funds itself in a sustainable way(and people will complain about that, too). But, Horizon isn't likely to be that server. On the bright side, LSB continues to evolve and improve, so interest in the current trendy private server increases eventual quality of the one that will last.
[+]
By K123 2024-03-29 07:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It is far more likely the plug will get pulled on a private server than by the company owning the original.
I wish I could agree. When they do eventually pull the plug, private versions of the game will last longer.
By K123 2024-03-29 07:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
The type of people to volunteer help to the project want something out of it, whether it's money or 'power'.
Can put Linkshell leaders, sack holders, and forum moderators in this same group.
 Cerberus.Fishmonger
user: Pometeme
By Cerberus.Fishmonger 2024-03-29 07:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Eventually, there will probably be a private server that treats things professionally and funds itself in a sustainable way(and people will complain about that, too). But, Horizon isn't likely to be that server. On the bright side, LSB continues to evolve and improve, so interest in the current trendy private server increases eventual quality of the one that will last.

There are examples to aspire to. If the private server community could stop being an incestuous cabal and take things seriously instead of these narcissistic grifters maybe we wouldn't have a scandal every *** 3 months.

City of Heroes: Homecoming was just legitimized. First MMO private server ever to not be running illicitly. They have the license. They run a donation model that is VERY transparent and responsible.

I would never trust a donation model to be run honestly with the likes of Aerec/Juul/Carver/Spicy/Shozo/Kipling around. They are all *** sociopaths and are holding back to potential of the private server scene with their toxic squabbles and corruption.

Even if these inhuman monsters were to ever give up their authority they would likely dedicate their pathetic lives to sabotaging a legitimate server. I mean look at Rinny and that *** mithra that quit cybering Kipling and got banned for it. These banned schizos still ***post regularly.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9