Forum » FFXI » HorizonXI » Any update on the fake DMCA
Any update on the fake DMCA
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-07 14:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been like 4 months and not a hint of an update.

I wanna know. It was obviously *** but where's the follow up. Where's the closure.

Just incase anyone is unclear, there were dmca take downs, they did happen, it just was not square issuing them.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-03-07 15:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, until you posted this just now, I forgot entirely of the PS drama that swept the forums just a couple months ago.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-03-07 15:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So did everyone. This is totally just to bait people into making the forums active for a minute.

I'll go next:

POS hacking isn't cheating. It's a victimless crime, like punching someone in the dark.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-07 15:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I genuinely want an update. I'm really god damn tired of never getting closure on anything anymore.

(Because I'm the only one who knew it was fake and didn't flip out, but still)
[+]
By Meeble 2024-03-07 15:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's been like 4 months and not a hint of an update.

I wanna know. It was obviously *** but where's the follow up. Where's the closure.

A quick googling shows the streamer in question still doing XI pserver content as of last week, though it isn't labeled pserver or Horizon or anything like that.

Make of that what you will.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-07 15:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It was multiple streamers, and all of them ***themselves hiding horizon from the tags/titles, but most of them have it back.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-03-07 17:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone involved in the topic was just Rooks in a disguise, the whole plan being to stir up the community to score more ad revenue! wake up sheeple!
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2024-03-07 17:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
Everyone involved in the topic was just Rooks in a disguise, the whole plan being to stir up the community to score more ad revenue! wake up sheeple!

lol
By Mrxi 2024-03-08 00:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably double fake for clout since they went back to streaming it like next day and got partner on twitch. If it were real they would not go right back to streaming.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-09 08:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So... that's a no then?
 Asura.Xysto
By Asura.Xysto 2024-03-09 13:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably fake, but someone leaked a spreadsheet containing info about thousands of money donations for the server and Aerec confirmed those allegations by replying positively. Ninja (the streamer) has been donating lots of money to the server every month. I'm not surprised if SE sent DMCAs if these servers are generating lots of unpublished revenue.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-03-09 17:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xysto said: »
Probably fake, but someone leaked a spreadsheet containing info about thousands of money donations for the server and Aerec confirmed those allegations by replying positively. Ninja (the streamer) has been donating lots of money to the server every month. I'm not surprised if SE sent DMCAs if these servers are generating lots of unpublished revenue.
leaked? I am pretty sure that leak implies unintended release of information, but iirc they released it to support their argument. the argument being that ninja does not "pay for the server"
By RadialArcana 2024-03-10 13:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xysto said: »

No it's real, people give money to things cause they want positions / clout. You would be amazed how much money people will give for minimal amounts of clout on things that don't even really matter.

Also it's a common tactic for private servers / people related to them to pretend they got a DMCA when they get bored and wanna quit running it.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-10 13:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's the spreadsheet I'm thinking of, and it's true, then the amounts on it would exonerate more than incriminate. They aren't making bank, they have less than a year of hosting costs covered ahead of time.

Of course, it wouldn't be that hard to make a spreadsheet like that and leave out donations. Can't take it at face value.
By RadialArcana 2024-03-10 15:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

End of the day, as long as they aren't obnoxious to retail players nobody will really care what they get upto. Only reason people got riled up was the annoying promotion in retail spaces.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-10 16:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont care about them because they're poor.
By Zehira 2024-03-10 22:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Awe, SE really cares about you a lot...

Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-11 00:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You're probably right

Atleast I can criticize SE's negligence towards FFXI and not get banned for it. The same can't be said for anyone who says anything negative about Horizon or their staff.
[+]
By Zehira 2024-03-11 01:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Forget HorizonXI. One cringe post on the official XIV forums recently.

Really? I guess welcome to the English forums, where some people will complain about everything and turn themselves into entitled gamers. Now, they are forever wondering if Yoshi-P has already lost his interest in XIV and wants to do something else. It is not good for mental health. 

I just built my new PC and am ready for the next expansion anyway I am not poor.