Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-06 01:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Vincentius said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
I don't have anything really to retort with, so I'm just going to attempt being witty, and fail miserably!

Two can play this game!

I can play really well :). Butt hurt much?

I'm not even close to butthurt. I hope that's not the best you have =/ I was hoping for some lulz out of this =(.

Really not going to get flames out of me. I cooled off :P
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-11-06 01:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh. All the more reason to make this forum the "clean" house for FFXI!

FluffyBunnyGO
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-11-06 01:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
No no, fluffy bunny this place up. Mods said it themselves, if you want to truly flame someone, use another site. This forum clearly has no room for anyone to deliver a reality check to those who so obviously need it. So, make this the only forum to have a no tolerance policy for asshattery. I dare you.

shut the *** up
tl;dr

Just curious, how is 5 sentences tl;dr? Serious question.
[+]
 Seraph.Pikachu
Server: Seraph
user: chuuuuu
By Seraph.Pikachu 2009-11-06 01:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i say we fluffy bunny stanflame :D
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-06 01:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll take credit for Operation Fluffy Bunny, since I was the one who said the mods want this forum to be

Me, not Jaerik said:
fluffy bunnies and rainbows with dancing leprechauns at the end of them.

You can thank me later, Vincentius.
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-06 01:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

...that's... really... gross.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-06 01:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
QQ
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-06 01:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Cintars said:

the wabbit gone now

ugh Man
 Bahamut.Rydiya
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-11-06 01:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
...that's... really... gross.

._. it really is.
 Asura.Slamm
Server: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-11-06 11:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
Forum is fine as is. (IMO)

The most horrible trolls are the exception, not the rule. (I think the community here can agree) I rather enjoy the way they deal with the worst in a case by case scenario (which works when you don't have to babysit EVERYONE).

Let's all keep being better than some of those other god awful forums out there, and stop giving people reasons to think "we're just like them". ^^

My 2 cents.

i agree

if people don't like the flame core they are free to not read it..
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-06 13:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

how in the hell does anyone get that this thread was created for anything else but discussion about what is really on the moderators' minds?

THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME.

Stop thinking that everything I post is about me.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-11-06 13:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That post was about you. OH HO HO~
[+]
 Ramuh.Citag
user: Citag
By Ramuh.Citag 2009-11-06 13:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We used to play fluffy bunny as kids... you stuff as many marshmallows in your mouth as you can until you can no longer clearly say fluffy bunny. Whoever has the most marshmallows wins.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-06 14:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow lets do korpg a favor now and not derail this ***. It is a interesting discussion. Thus it is not causing any harm, so no more acting like arse in the thread please.
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-11-06 14:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-06 14:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised that no one has screamed "OMG THIRD RIECH! They are infringing on my right to flame someone on their forums!"
 Ramuh.Citag
user: Citag
By Ramuh.Citag 2009-11-06 14:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Citag said:
We used to play fluffy bunny as kids... you stuff as many marshmallows in your mouth as you can until you can no longer clearly say fluffy bunny. Whoever has the most marshmallows wins.
We always used to say Chunky Monkey

OOh that would work too! I'll suggest that if I ever play it again, you know change it up a bit.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-06 15:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried
 Fairy.Specopsz
Server: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-11-06 15:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

New world order:

Everyone will become unicorns, and ***rainbows.
 Asura.Slamm
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-11-06 20:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Specopsz said:
New world order:

Everyone will become unicorns, and ***rainbows.

Bismarck.Saleam
Server: Bismarck
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-06 20:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
So Korpg does admit he's bored and loves the attention thrown his way >:3

Anyway, I say no to Operation: Fluffy Bunny. I also think we should direct our mob-like pitchforks towards Stanflame. *nods*

Hahahahahaha =D
 Bahamut.Rydiya
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-11-06 21:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
So Korpg does admit he's bored and loves the attention thrown his way >:3

Anyway, I say no to Operation: Fluffy Bunny. I also think we should direct our mob-like pitchforks towards Stanflame. *nods*

Yes! Lets!
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-11-06 21:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If it means anything, we're taking this particular question pretty seriously. But that means we're going to be talking it over quite awhile and not leaping to quick conclusions. It could have long-term effects on the direction of the site, and whatever we decide, we need to be visibly consistent on.

I won't comment on any direction we're leaning so as not to bias the debate, but constructive user comments on the question are quite helpful and I encourage more of them.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-06 21:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

With that said although the majority of my opinions have been written already in flame-core stuff, I'll just that no, I don't think killing Flame Core would help. It served the intended purpose well for awhile, and without it I can't imagine the rest of the forums would've somehow remained sanitary.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-11-06 23:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it should be as simple as 3 strikes and you're out. Being a douchebag? Get a warning. Still being an ***? Get temp ban and last warning. Still haven't gotten it through your thick skull? Perma-ban.

Simple, effective and should make everyone happy.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-11-06 23:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would leave Flame Core in. In any place where opinions are gathered and shared, there will always be open-minded individuals who accept that everyone has the capacity to think different. Just as sure as, even moreso, on the internet (and seemingly rediculously more likely on FFXI) that there will be people who are all about "MY OPINION IS RIGHT *** YOU GUYS I AM GOD MY WORD IS ABSOLUTE MY OPINION IS FACT YOU GUYS FAIL." That is why they get sent to flame core. When a gathering of close minded people occurs, it becomes a flame fest.

Throw it in the core and let the open minded people lurk it and laugh *IF THEY CHOOSE IT TO BE SO*.

THAT being said, I very much agree that mods and admin have been entirely too leniant about their rule outline. They ARE posted, but seems to just be a "Higuys, play nice" thing to read since they aren't exactly enforced. When a flame core thread becomes a bashfest against a certain individual (regardless of if I like the person or not), a bash on religion, or a continuous ten page bash of someone who fails to type properly (two pages of that is enough...they deserve it if english is their first language and they fail to use punctuation, capitalization, etc) then I agree to nuke it. And if it's a continuous occurance by a certain individual, please. By all means set their *** right.

You might want to consider putting a "Mod list of people needing reprimands" in that fancy admin/mod only section of the site, because giving mods the power to temp/perma ban people is excessive. We do not see it often enough for them to have that ability, but Scragg and Jaerik as far as I know don't lurk enough to catch it themselves.

I agree with the three strikes rule. Mods may deliver the warning and make it obvious "This is *THE* first warning" so they know what's going on. Simple yet effective changes need to be made because this site is not as enjoyable as it was a few months ago. For *anyone* I talk to.

Admin tl;dr? Flame core can stay, there needs to be changes made as to how you guys crack down on people thinking this is BG or KI.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-07 00:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
You might want to consider putting a "Mod list of people needing reprimands" in that fancy admin/mod only section of the site, because giving mods the power to temp/perma ban people is excessive. We do not see it often enough for them to have that ability, but Scragg and Jaerik as far as I know don't lurk enough to catch it themselves.
I mentioned a similar concern to Anye recently because it does seem like there's a disconnect between the pace and manner in which this happens. I don't expect the Admins to monitor threads all that closely themselves given the Mods can do that just fine, but when stuff goes down they seem to be blind-sided into a "*********" situation and react accordingly. That's just my perspective of how it seems to me, though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-07 03:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

no please lea it flame