November 2023 Version Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » November 2023 Version Update
November 2023 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12
Offline
Posts: 1601
By Felgarr 2023-11-18 21:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Cerberus.Dekar said: »
Has anyone tried Fealty on it yet?
I have had Fealty up and still been animated.

Same. I also want to put out that I have been able to tank this in Full Sakpata as PLD with Ochain. (My Duban is Stage 2 and I have tried it in this fight yet).

Some people have said this is a "no buff" fight for the Rune or Paladin, but I want to clarify my perspective from PLD. The PLD should stand upstairs while the party buffs downstairs.

SMN's Ecliptical Growl on the PLD is a buff that I noticed helps reduce the chance of stealing other more important self-buffs from the PLD. (I would recommend Crusade, Sentinel, Rampart, Cocoon and if necessary, when there are fewer flans out: Phalanx). If one flan steals your Phalanx, DDs will see melee hits for zeros.

CORs, RNG and SCHs should have no trouble dealing damage. (Leaden Salute, True Flight, Kaustra/Helix).

SMN Ifrit Enfire is stronger than a RDMs enfire, but we had both in our party (PLD COR COR SCH SMN RDM)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Offline
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
Posts: 19506
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-18 21:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Guyford said: »
So I doubt its resistable, but the dust cloud animation is red, which suggests the move is fire based. Try barfire and water runes if you wanna try to resist it.

I've tried Unda too, it doesn't work. Only thing I haven't tried is Asylum since we don't bring a WHM
 Shiva.Haldarn
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Haldarn
Posts: 83
By Shiva.Haldarn 2023-11-19 07:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lili said: »
and the current struggles of clopedia against Fandom management are proof of it.

clopedia are currently having struggles against Fandom management? What's going on? They were very supportive for the entire time I was their liaison for the site.
VIP
Offline
Posts: 694
By Lili 2023-11-19 08:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Haldarn said: »
clopedia are currently having struggles against Fandom management? What's going on? They were very supportive for the entire time I was their liaison for the site.

The support came from the community rep who was very active and attentive. That guy got fired, and the new one is probably repping for a couple dozens wikis at the same time, so he's completely absent unless poked for very specific things.

Otherwise it's the usual Fandom dumbassery. As far as I'm told, Fandom still hasn't entirely let go of the idea of merging ffxiclopedia in the bigger FF wiki, but you'd have to speak with the people currently in charge of clopedia to know the specifics.
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-19 09:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Dubaiii said: »
Bismarck.Indigla said: »

Just in case anyone without THF wanted to farm the pop to try Peach Power you can do it this way with the Romaa Mihgo trust. Just get the Imp below ~20% HP before it uses Blaze Spikes so it gets the horn out. Once the Imp puts up Blaze Spikes she'll attempt steal for an aura steal which can get the item instead.

Amazing find, So thats why Aldo unity is the highest ranked currently on our server.

Now see, Flaviria won this week. Bots.

Almost beat 2nd and 3rd combined again. Yall slackin.
 Shiva.Haldarn
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Haldarn
Posts: 83
By Shiva.Haldarn 2023-11-19 15:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lili said: »
Shiva.Haldarn said: »
clopedia are currently having struggles against Fandom management? What's going on? They were very supportive for the entire time I was their liaison for the site.

The support came from the community rep who was very active and attentive. That guy got fired, and the new one is probably repping for a couple dozens wikis at the same time, so he's completely absent unless poked for very specific things.

Otherwise it's the usual Fandom dumbassery. As far as I'm told, Fandom still hasn't entirely let go of the idea of merging ffxiclopedia in the bigger FF wiki, but you'd have to speak with the people currently in charge of clopedia to know the specifics.

The current rep was completely absent unless poked by me or Toast for a very specific code-related faults and that probably only happened a handful of times over the last four years (and he was extremely good at sorting ***out within a couple of hours). Most of it I worked out myself. But then we didn't begrudge that; I wouldn't expect a rep to have much more input into the site unless it was during the Fandom backend changes and the script faults that generated from 15yr old js/css.

In the four years before that, I dealt with the previous rep twice (he liaised between me and tech). Bert wasn't ever sacked; his role at Fandom changed from liaising with individual wikis to dealing with the concept of community as a whole - that's when the current rep (voluntary worker too afaik) took us on, as one of the much less active sites.

The merger was suggested to Fandom in 2017 by finalfantasy.fandom as at that point clopedia was basically inactive. I was contacted as the only responsive legacy sysop; we talked about it directly and decided against it due to the loss of information (we did lose the phpBB which Fandom kindly hosted a torrent of for a couple of years). It's not come up since as after that point I became active in keeping site data and code current until I stepped back last year and my successor there has maintained it with great dedication (even before I stepped back, to his credit).

Honestly, idk what dumbassery you mean. There was no conflict against Fandom management (at least post-2015), and I didn't hear of anything as an editor in the Wikia days.

Sorry for the off-topic, but presuming there's just been a bit of hearsay that can be put straight.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 94
By Trillium 2023-11-20 00:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Indigla said: »

Just in case anyone without THF wanted to farm the pop to try Peach Power you can do it this way with the Romaa Mihgo trust. Just get the Imp below ~20% HP before it uses Blaze Spikes so it gets the horn out. Once the Imp puts up Blaze Spikes she'll attempt steal for an aura steal which can get the item instead.

Very neat. Anyone without thf... I do have to say, the time you put into it, you def get out of it in value... I really can't think of how not leveling thf would be a good idea. Just my 2 cents.

But very cool that trusts can grab with extra timer chance.
Offline
Posts: 29
By Moonlightagb 2023-11-20 04:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Is anyone able to confirm if it's actually possible to farm multiple imp boxes from the same imp or does Steal only work once per mob?
VIP
Offline
Posts: 694
By Lili 2023-11-20 08:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Moonlightagb said: »
Is anyone able to confirm if it's actually possible to farm multiple imp boxes from the same imp or does Steal only work once per mob?

You can. JP party right beside us while we were farming ours:



(yeah you can't tell from the pic, but the same single imp)
[+]
 Asura.Kamehamehaa
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 3
By Asura.Kamehamehaa 2023-11-25 04:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I tried using Romaa to steal and after 2 hours of using her i've seen her tried to steal once.
VIP
Offline
Posts: 694
By Lili 2023-11-25 04:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Kamehamehaa said: »
I tried using Romaa to steal and after 2 hours of using her i've seen her tried to steal once.

She only steals when the mob has a buff, so you need to drive the Imp under 25% and wait for it to use Blaze Spikes.
Offline
By Antisense 2023-11-25 09:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lili said: »
Moonlightagb said: »
Is anyone able to confirm if it's actually possible to farm multiple imp boxes from the same imp or does Steal only work once per mob?

You can. JP party right beside us while we were farming ours:



(yeah you can't tell from the pic, but the same single imp)

Did the horn come back out on this second Impish Box?
 Asura.Kamehamehaa
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 3
By Asura.Kamehamehaa 2023-11-25 13:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I am. Locus imp will almost always have Blaze spikes kept up.
Even when under 20% and blaze spikes, Romaa just stands there and swings. Its frustrating because i'll have 1 mob with blaze spikes up under 20% and used steal 3 times myself while Romaa is not using steal...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-11-25 16:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Restart the trust AI. Disengage/engage. Sometimes their logic doesn't pick up on their next action because something else occurred at exactly the same moment and they lock into a loop.
Offline
By Shichishito 2023-11-25 18:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
You can most likely also reset Romaa Mihgos JA timer bei resummoning.
For qualtada I remember you have to get him killed in order for him to be able to use new roles but that shouldn't be too hard on THF. Maybe zoning works, too.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
Offline
Posts: 28
By buttplug 2023-12-31 10:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Wonder if THF could use job abilities to get the Guimauve Meat...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12
Log in to post.