So Many Accessories...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » So many accessories...
So many accessories...
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2023-11-07 01:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been away from the game for about 2 years at this point and just recently returned. One thing that I have done is clean up my wardrobes and organize things a bit better. And this made me realize... I have SO MUCH STUFF that I literally have no idea where or when it's best used. So many rings, so many belts, neckpieces, back pieces, etc...

My main job at this point is DNC, which I have Mastered and just achieved M.Level 3 on. Other jobs I have that I've been working on are MNK (280 JP perk), BLM (320), RUN (30), SAM (245), GEO (125), THF (245), COR (180), and DRK (80).

So, with that said... I would like to reach out and seek advice over which of these accessories I've obtained are still worth using, and in what role, if anyone has any suggestions!

Rings

Neckpieces

Belts

Capes

Earrings
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-11-07 08:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well honestly your lists are short, if that is truly all the accessories you have currently.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2023-11-07 09:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You can pitch a lot of those rings save for the omen ones, and rep them with epams/SoA wsd ring, or newer TVR ring, regal/illbrat/niq/chirch serve the TP and WS needs of most jobs, though theres some that get better like the jobs on gere ring, or hetaroi ring, can keep petrov as an enmity option if you need it.

Most of the necks can be dropped as well, if you want a generic all jobs one then sanctity works, or the synergy neck that combines the 3 skill necks into one. Otherwise DD jobs primarily get JSE necks as their go-to.

unity augments basically made kentarch+1/salifi belts replace most other options for TP/WS, like with rings can keep the enmity belt if you need though there is better out there.

JSE capes exist making 95% of capes pretty worthless if you dont mind making them, theres some like moonbow that still have relevance or just a generic many/all jobs acc or FC cape but otherwise JSE is simply better

The earrings are all still pretty decent apart from the paired ones and assuage, think barakole has been easily replaced as well, but im not really up to date on mage gear.
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-11-07 09:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

While I can't speak for all those jobs, I'll list what I use each of (that I still do) for. If I don't list it, it's either trash or I don't play a job I'd use it for (I don't play any mages outside of BLU, I don't use any ranged attacks on any job):

Rufescent Ring - this one is pretty easily replaceable - good Savage Blade ring if you can't equip regal and don't have either storyline WS damage or want to cough up money on Epa and Sroda
Petrov Ring - since you've listed better rings here I can't see too many scenarios this would be used. It's a good TP ring if you don't have double chirich or can't equip the others listed. Enmity swap piece.
Etana Ring - still may have a niche use for melee hits that you want to apply status effects (Sudden Lunge) - though I use Stiniki +1 and Metamorph +1
Apate Ring - again, you've listed better rings in almost every situation this would be used but it's a 'usable' TP/WS ring, and subtle blow if you only have 1 chirich.
Chirich Ring - the +1 is the BiS TP ring for any situation you need more accuracy.
Niqmaddu Ring - baller ring, idk why you'd take this off.
Ilabrat Ring - great DEX WS piece. I also use in 'mid acc' TP set in place of a 2nd chirich.
Vengeful Ring - if you've got 50% DT elsewhere, it's nice for kiting. I use in my cruel joke ody kiting set, but nothing else. otherwise given your list here, it does have Enmity+ and is a pretty safe swap on for flash etc.
Beeline Ring - Other than being a 2nd ring with rare stat Evasion, I can't see any use for this.

Clotharius - most jobs' go-to for TP until you get an upgrades JSE neck, with some exception of those not being great for TP sets either.
Sanctity Necklace - another piece with high acc and macc for those odd times you need to apply a status on physical hit. Decent Aeolian Edge piece until you get Sybil Scarf from storyline.
Anu Torque - great TP piece if you don't need the acc from Clotharius or your JSE neck isn't a TP neck.
Unmoving Collar - This is BiS enmity for most jobs that can equip and the augmented has a huge HP buff for sets that might need that.
Caro Necklace - couldn't justify a slot in my inventory for this but if WS gorget or JSE neck aren't great for whatever WS, I could see this still being good for that.
Eddy Necklace - Sibyl Scarf is better and easy to get.
Asperity Necklace - looks like a copper voucher to me.

Windbuffet Belt +1 - still BiS if you get your haste cap elsewhere.
Patentia Sash - I can't see many scenarios where you can't hit the dual wield cap in other slots but I suppose it's an option until you get Reiki Yotai.
Sarissapho. Belt - I think this still has a place in a subtle blow set, but generally speaking, augmented Sailfli is better.
Grunfeld Rope - good WS piece when elemental belt isn't great.
Kentarch Belt - augmented Kentarch +1 is BiS for high DEX modifier WSs that elemental gorget doesn't work well for. Evisceration i guess.
Eschan Stone - similar to those other niche pieces you need to do status on a physical attack. also one of the better MAB pieces for melee jobs for those magic WSs.
Sinew Belt - copper voucher
Sailfli Belt +1 - put it on. TP in it. Savage Blade in it. Rejoice.
Chiner's Belt +1 - even with assassin's charge up, I don't think this is very good. in any case, it definitely can't justify an inventory slot for me.
Capes - as a general statement, none of those capes are good in comparison to ambuscade capes. Obviously those take some time and effort to make, so maybe you'll slowly phase these out as you obtain them.

Sherida Earring - awesome earring for all that can equip it.
Regal Earring - I would assume this is BiS for those that can equip it. don't forget the additional +15 acc/macc/racc with a relic +2/+3 piece.
Assuage Earring - other than a max eva set, I don't know what this would be used for.
Odr Earring - good accuracy swap and crit chance WSs - Evisceration, Chant Du Cygne.
Eabani Earring - a rare dual wield piece in a less valuable slot than waist. also don't sleep on magic evasion.
Cessance Earring - as good as this looks, it's hard to find a place over Telos/Schere/some of the sortie earrings - hell i think Brutal Earring is still better in most scenarios.
Steelflash/Bladeborn/Dudgeon/Heartseeker - again, there's just too many better options now. These are all easily replaced.
[+]
By Shichishito 2023-11-07 09:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally speaking it's hard to give you solid advice on this. If I tell you to drop for example steelflash / bladeborn earrings, dudgeon / heartseeker earrings and assuage earring it can make sense from my point of view but maybe you still have use for some of them in a GEO melee hybrid set that you value very highly.

I think you can replace all the listed backs with better augmented ambuscade pieces but the ambuscade back piece rabbid hole is deep and it never leads to inventory space preservation.
By Nariont 2023-11-07 09:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Even some reive capes can suffice, job depending obviously, but if the point is to save space theres a handful of multi-job generic capes, wont beat ambu capes but can suffice as a stop gap
By Hopalong 2023-11-07 10:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of those look fairly useful, especially considering how many jobs you are using. One way to clean inventory is to reduce jobs.

Send anything unused to a mule's wardrobes is what I do.
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2023-11-07 10:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
Well honestly your lists are short, if that is truly all the accessories you have currently.

These aren't all that I had floating in my bags, these are the pieces I wasn't sure if I had a use for or not, if that makes sense?
 Sylph.Quyit
Server: Sylph
user: OmniKroe
By Sylph.Quyit 2023-11-07 11:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot Chaac belt?
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2023-11-07 11:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Quyit said: »
Forgot Chaac belt?

I have one of those.
By Pantafernando 2023-11-07 11:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ow man, what a load of garbage.

Im astonished you even took your time to type them and even link them.