Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Attack Cap calculator for you
Attack Cap calculator for you
By DaneBlood 2023-10-20 19:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been messing around some more in my ffxi calcuator spreadsheets and made a little Attack Cap calculator.

Type in the defense of the mob ( look at bgwiki)
type in your job type/weapon
Has an added (but don't need to use it) enfeeble section were you can add ailments on the mob
and it spits out what attack you need to be at

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xnC7ETVxBDQ5jIgE7umoyryc6cL0VZyoUUe99QJrOIU
I'll probably move it to calculoid at some point to better support multiple people usage

P.S.
Its under the "DPS" tab.
link takes you the the cure tab since its the fist one

-- edit --
I made it in calculoid instead
https://embed.calculoid.com/?calcId=102293&apiKey=60dfaae363cd93ab798a8
It has the changed for the randomize included so atk cap values will be higher and more correct on this one
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-20 20:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm close, true attack cap is not defense * pDiffMax, because there is a random -0.375 ~ +0.375 added to your attack ratio before qRatio clamps it down to max. This means it's possible to roll a penalty to your attack ratio, which would bring you under cap if you were sitting directly at it. To really be at "cap" we need to be at 0.375 above pDiffMax so that even if we get a ratio penalty we still end up over the cap.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-10-20 20:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Hmm close, true attack cap is not defense * pDiffMax, because there is a random -0.375 ~ +0.375 added to your attack ratio before qRatio clamps it down to max. This means it's possible to roll a penalty to your attack ratio, which would bring you under cap if you were sitting directly at it. To really be at "cap" we need to be at 0.375 above pDiffMax so that even if we get a ratio penalty we still end up over the cap.

Thank you. I'll correct that
I though the randomizer Came after the cap had its effect
I wonder if it should split the results in 2.

and just for double checking
e agree that crit rate does not factor in as it provides the needed attack itself to fill out the increased pdiff rate ? or to but it different it amplies the pdif directly not just the cap
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2023-10-20 20:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I found if you are at or near cap you will still perform better not in a PDL WS set. It may be best to add the +0.375 to the calc to ensure a true "Cap" is in place.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-20 23:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »

Thank you. I'll correct that
I though the randomizer Came after the cap had its effect
I wonder if it should split the results in 2.

and just for double checking
e agree that crit rate does not factor in as it provides the needed attack itself to fill out the increased pdiff rate ? or to but it different it amplies the pdif directly not just the cap

The qRatio LL/UU roll happens before the pDiffMax clamps down the value. You can see this by smacking level 1 bunnies, you'll never go under cap and only have that weird 1~1.05 random value to worry about. Go fight something that checks as neutral defense and you'll see this wide swings in damage as a result of that ratio penalty / bonus kicking in. When are you perfectly at pDiff cap, half your swings will be under cap and the other half over. Get to 0.375 over pDiffCap and your back to very consistent numbers again.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-21 12:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
-- edit --
I made it in calculoid instead
https://embed.calculoid.com/?calcId=102293&apiKey=60dfaae363cd93ab798a8
It has the changed for the randomize included so atk cap values will be higher and more correct on this one

Thanks a bunch, anyway to get it back into a downloadable excel / ods? I like to keep these things local in my tools folder for quick refencing / playing around.
By DaneBlood 2023-10-21 16:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[
Thanks a bunch, anyway to get it back into a downloadable excel / ods? I like to keep these things local in my tools folder for quick refencing / playing around.

Not from calculoid but I can adjust the one in google spreadsheet to have he random adjustment as well and then it should be copy/pasteable into excell. just need to grab the extra empty cells to the right (They contain some hidden math part)
[+]
 Asura.Doryl
user: Smacks
By Asura.Doryl 2023-10-21 16:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Great tool, thank you !

But where can you find the def values of main endgame content mobs ? (Sortie, odyV25, Farm C, etc...) ?
By DaneBlood 2023-10-21 17:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Doryl said: »
Great tool, thank you !

But where can you find the def values of main endgame content mobs ? (Sortie, odyV25, Farm C, etc...) ?

You would have to look in bgwiki or ffxiclopedia and see if anyone have provide the defence values.
in my down time im gather defense values on some mobs. but i can only do that on mobs that do not check as impossible to gauge
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-21 17:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Great tool, thank you !

It all depends, can use Apex monster info as a guide on what to expect of a monster at level X. Boss mobs tend to have a few hundred more defense and 50 to 100 more evasion then apex of about the same level. Odyssea gaol bosses are dumb though, the vengence tiers adds a bunch of bonus's to them.
By Hopalong 2023-10-21 20:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

A list of defense values for common endgame encounters would be fantastic. Maybe we could record them here?
By DaneBlood 2023-10-21 23:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
A list of defense values for common endgame encounters would be fantastic. Maybe we could record them here?

as soon as somebody maths them out and puts them in bgwiki I can update it. the calculoid has a few presets but not for NM's
 Asura.Doryl
user: Smacks
By Asura.Doryl 2023-10-22 03:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be very usefull to know the def value of the content where PDL has interest.. Why SE didn't let us these infos....

I think def =
Ody C mobs > Sortie ground floor mobs > Sortie basement mobs > Ground floor Sortie Bosses > Basement Sortie Bosses > Ody V25 Nms

with a range between 1200 def to 2000 def ?
By DaneBlood 2023-10-22 11:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be very usefull to know the def value of the content where PDL has interest.. Why SE didn't let us these infos....

I think def =
Ody C mobs > Sortie ground floor mobs > Sortie basement mobs > Ground floor Sortie Bosses > Basement Sortie Bosses > Ody V25 Nms

with a range between 1200 def to 2000 def ?

I'm working on getting defense values from Floor 4 in oddy-c
i did nostos bats the other day and added it to bgwiki ( they are in the calculator as well) but itakes me almost an entire run to narrow in he exact def
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-10-22 12:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a rough test of V25 Kalunga a long time ago (taking into account the native DT), and from what I remember the defense was somewhere around 3000-3500.
[+]