Unusual Party Compositions?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Unusual party compositions?
Unusual party compositions?
By Shichishito 2023-09-23 19:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember all pet LS during the sky days taking down kirin with mostly SMN and BST.
Made me wonder if there are fun and still somewhat efficient party compositions outside the standard DD or MB setups.

I guess all pet parties are dead due to BST range and SMN rage nerfs but could all supports work in some content because who needs tanks or heal if defense is capped?
Would it be worthwhile to bring a SMN for Ramuh favor if you have shining one DDs?
Maybe you know good synergies between two unpopular DD that somewhat soften the loss of a support?
By Minaras84 2023-09-24 02:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to try a pet alliance in omen or or some ody bosses.
Unfortunately, these days (as the majority of us are adults with kids/jobs/whatever) time is more important than "fun".
Why would one do something less efficient when there is already a quicker way to do it?
I miss the days of FunWithJugs!
By Shichishito 2023-09-24 03:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember a omen pet run befor the SMN nerf (I'm not sure if that one is active in there) and when we weren't familiar with the mechanics, I believe it was Kei.
We barely scratched it sending our avatars uncoordinated in bloodpacting, then suddenly shaved of like 1/3 of it's HP which he regened back slowly.
I suspect we accidentaly did a longer multistep SC with avatars.

Did anyone check how SMN works with naegling DDs? Fenrir alone can pump out 9-10 buffs, each pumping naeglings attack by 1%. Wonder how many buffs SMN could sustain and what sub would be best for adding even more buffs, I assume /SCH?
By Pantafernando 2023-09-24 04:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

While multiboxing, i only consistently beat all bosses in omen with SMNx2 or 3, GEO RUN.

Omen doesnt have BP reduction, but only a couple can be conduited from start to death, due gimmicks
[+]
By Shichishito 2023-09-24 09:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm counting 24 buffs from 16 different BP wards, with a optimised SMN skill set and 20 cooldown between wards I'm pretty positive you could sustain all of them permanently for +24% attack but it might be better to skip some for longer +Crit or Double Attack favor uptime depending on naegling job?

From /SCH or /WHM I can see 3 more buffs which aren't already covered by SMN main.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2023-09-24 11:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s sort of pointless now, but I really liked playing main healer as pup or drg, drg is particular is crazy efficient at healing.
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2023-09-24 12:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoner is only nerfed in odyssey, similar to blm.
Summoner is not nerfed in sortie, the WS bug that they fixed for that event was affecting SMN as well and has long since been corrected.
Summoner was never nerfed in omen, and is still a good DPS setup there.

A properly geared summoner has buff lengths of about 10 minutes on most buffs, piling on a large number of buffs is easy, and includes +250 tp bonus.
By Pantafernando 2023-09-24 12:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Only sortie?

I feel like SMN is nerfed in everything post dyna div, including it
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-09-24 12:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Only sortie?

Not.. really? the only thing the job suffers from is an acc/buff issue. I dps just fine in dynamis and sortie with cor rolls and food.

The nerf in odyssey specifically is the chain nerf, where after the first pact any subsequent ones do like 1/10th the damage for awhile. this isn't applied anywhere else. I can conduit just fine in sortie and a number of bosses are fire weak.
By IGDC 2023-09-24 14:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Only sortie?

Not.. really? the only thing the job suffers from is an acc/buff issue. I dps just fine in dynamis and sortie with cor rolls and food.

The nerf in odyssey specifically is the chain nerf, where after the first pact any subsequent ones do like 1/10th the damage for awhile. this isn't applied anywhere else. I can conduit just fine in sortie and a number of bosses are fire weak.

It's applied in a few Ambuscades too.
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Server: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-09-24 14:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I dps just fine in dynamis and sortie with cor rolls and food.

Elaborate.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-24 15:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Im pretty sure he gets his rolls before the DD.

Hes got his beast/puppet/drachen back on while dds are still rolling sam/bolters from the run over, which turns to bolter/chaos, then chaos/sam. The cors dps is taking an extra hit since they arent even getting sam roll at that point untill it cycles all the way thru.

Aint no way a smn is keeping up dps.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-09-24 15:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to hear his opinion on what he thinks is "fine" damage on SMN for Dynamis. I don't even want him to defend his DPS, just the dmg per BP.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-24 15:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No opinion required. Fine means fine. It has a definition.

It's acceptable. Good enough. Sufficient for the task.
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-09-24 16:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I want his opinion on what is fine. My opinion of fine is one-shotting the mobs. If you can not one-shot the mobs in Dynamis so they don't 2hour, it's not fine. His definition of fine could be if the WHM can do a 5k Realmrazer. If that's his opinion, it's an opinion, but I want to know it.

I am not asking you or care about your opinion, but thanks for the input.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-24 16:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I gave you no opinion. Don't be mad about not understanding what a word means.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-09-24 16:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
I want his opinion on what is fine. My opinion of fine is one-shotting the mobs. If you can not one-shot the mobs in Dynamis so they don't 2hour, it's not fine. His definition of fine could be if the WHM can do a 5k Realmrazer. If that's his opinion, it's an opinion, but I want to know it.

I am not asking you or care about your opinion, but thanks for the input.

Summoner has a weird ramp when it comes to damage, for everything, especially Flaming Crush. Without cor buffs or debuffs on the mob i'd expect to see frequent 10-30k damage pacts, either missing alot or getting resists on FC. once i meet acc requirements and overcome mob def, my damage jumps tremendously.

With proper cor rolls, a geo and/or rdm debuffing, i'd expect 60k-99k unless i'm fighting a dumb gimmick like a wrong pulled type in dyna.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2023-09-24 17:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN can hit 99k Flaming Crush on everything in dyna wave3 and effectively one shotting volte fomors. Rolls aren't even that important, it's more about making sure Malaise/Frailty/Dia are up and capping acc/macc, which is now possible with gear alone.

In Sortie SMN can deal a lot of dmg with AFAC on basement bosses but doesn't compete with real DDs the rest of the time. That being said the job can be useful for a lot of other things. When we are missing someone and can't use our manaburn setup I bring my SMN there and we haven't much trouble to 5 man 8/8 bosses runs.

The real issue for SMN in Gaol comes from the near uselessness of defense down debuffs.
By appleshampoo 2023-09-24 18:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

"SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS" or whatever autistic stuff he spams in chat when he's online. he fails to mention the hit to everyone else
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-09-24 18:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

appleshampoo said: »
"SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS" or whatever autistic stuff he spams in chat when he's online. he fails to mention the hit to everyone else
I shout that because it makes idiots angry, it seems to be working.
[+]
By Shichishito 2023-09-24 18:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

this isn't applied anywhere else.
I'm pretty sure there are ambuscades that also have chain BP nerf, don't know if it's the case for every rotation though.
By Nariont 2023-09-24 19:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Its only being applied to the newer ones being reintroduced/newly added iirc, so its kind of at the whims of the devs if they want to change up the v1 or not. Vast majority you can still burn through