Ambuscade Fun?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade fun?
Ambuscade fun?
 Asura.Karppa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2023-09-23 17:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm.. sry about my bad english and all ***..but I tried to make many casual parties to ambuscade with my alt.1st thing I realized where is the ppls who want to join or is it just easier to buy win with random..GS..nevertheless.. I could made few parties and mostly wins..as N/D.. okay it was end of the month so I assume ppls have used seals allready..even Ambuscade pt gathering was hard....yes I understand buying stuff is easy...and if u dont have LS it is only option..but we talkin about ambu..who really buys that ***...
By publix 2023-09-23 17:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

sadly a lot of people do. This month's ambu is very easy with a bard to AOE sleep and then just crit hit everything down except the final boss, where you just alternate between light/dark sc until he dies.
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2023-09-23 17:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

publix said: »
sadly a lot of people do. This month's ambu is very easy with a bard to AOE sleep and then just crit hit everything down except the final boss, where you just alternate between light/dark sc until he d
publix said: »
sadly a lot of people do. This month's ambu is very easy with a bard to AOE sleep and then just crit hit everything down except the final boss, where you just alternate between light/dark sc until he dies.
Right...shouldnt be too hard even random pt..
By Seun 2023-09-23 18:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If there were some new material to upgrade all the armor sets to +3, there would actually be a reason for players to go. Many of us have already finished weapons, armor and capes so there's no real motivation other than RMEA currency. It's usually easier to just go farm/craft to fund that rather than put together a group to beat the monthly gimmick.
 Asura.Cariko
user: Kariko
By Asura.Cariko 2023-09-23 19:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
If there were some new material to upgrade all the armor sets to +3, there would actually be a reason for players to go. Many of us have already finished weapons, armor and capes so there's no real motivation other than RMEA currency. It's usually easier to just go farm/craft to fund that rather than put together a group to beat the monthly gimmick.

There's always another cape...
[+]
By Seun 2023-09-23 22:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong, the capes are invaluable so I understand the point. Ambuscade is 8 years old though. If you've been active for a while then you're done.
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-09-23 23:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade is 8 years old though
wait really? damn there's another decade that just flashed by.
Damn.. 8 years?!
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-09-24 00:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong, the capes are invaluable so I understand the point. Ambuscade is 8 years old though. If you've been active for a while then you're done.
I wonder...

an acc tp cape
a high buff tp cape
a ws cape (for each ws you use on that job)
a DT/idling cape
a DT tping cape
and magic casting capes etc

Assuming you only made 5 capes per job and you started the day ambuscade came out and never stopped, you still wouldn't be done all the jobs yet by this month since they only let you complete 2 capes per month.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-24 00:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Assuming you only made 5 capes per job and you started the day ambuscade came out and never stopped, you still wouldn't be done all the jobs yet by this month since they only let you complete 2 capes per month.

Aside from the fact that not many people have 3 TP capes for WHM, GEO, and SMN...

8*12*2 = 192 / 22 = 8.7 capes per job.
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2023-09-24 01:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade fun? Ambuscade not fun! Ambuscade grindy!
By Seun 2023-09-24 01:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Aside from the fact that not many people have 3 TP capes for WHM, GEO, and SMN...

8*12*2 = 192 / 22 = 8.7 capes per job.

You get 3 back vouchers per month. While it's true that you'd be short 10 dye to make a 3rd complete cape, there are a number of capes you would utilize that don't need it. The average would be slightly higher for that alone, but you can also supplement that with silver mog pells.
VIP
By Lili 2023-09-24 08:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

That'd be 1 and 1/3rd wardrobes full of capes.

Madness.
By publix 2023-09-24 10:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love an Ambu +3 and it isn't out of the realm of possibility for SE to do tbh. Ayanmo+3 for example could totally shake up the DD BRD TP set if it has good stats etc.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-24 11:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Upgrade cost: 200 metal/fiber per piece

Reward: all stats +1

Likely bug: +3 breaks the set bonus, turns it into a negative. Takes 3 months to fix.

Alternative bug: +3 breaks the set bonus, multiples it twice over. Day one emergency patch.
[+]