Unveiling The New Synergy System! (05/11/2009)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Unveiling the New Synergy System! (05/11/2009)
Unveiling the New Synergy System! (05/11/2009)
 Odin.Eirwen
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-11-05 10:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one getting reminded of the 'psynergy' of Golden Sun?
[+]
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-11-05 10:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

WOO WoTG been out that long! /sulk still havent finished it...

the Synergy System seems cool...LOL cant wait to get blown away!
now Im gonna need to find me some crafting buddies.
"Craft you donkeys !!!"
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-05 10:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still on the Cait Sith mission for WoTG, I just stopped caring. At this point, I'm just leveling, farming, hunting AF.
 Remora.Jackieolivas
Server: Remora
user: Rahziela
By Remora.Jackieolivas 2009-11-05 10:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing that kills me is how Square continually adds things that players cannot do alone. Notice how, aside from original craft skills, only a few (out of 20) job classes, and quests, there is almost zero content in this game that can be by yourself. Very little of the plot-driven stuff can be done solo.

Odin.Eirwen said:
Am I the only one getting reminded of the 'psynergy' of Golden Sun?

No. That was Golden Sun's magic system. The term has been around alot longer than GBA has existed. It makes me think more of the office environment, where the term synergy is thrown around as their way of describing teamwork and camraderie.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-05 10:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Jackieolivas said:
One thing that kills me is how Square continually adds things that players cannot do alone. Notice how, aside from original craft skills, only a few (out of 20) job classes, and quests, there is almost zero content in this game that can be by yourself. Very little of the plot-driven stuff can be done solo.

I think they want to force the idea of companionship on us. But I agree, most of the ***now, you'll need alliances for it, or if you're a skilled RDM/NIN, you don't need anyone lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-05 10:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on how good/well geared you are. Your suprised just how much soloing you can do especially now. I mean ***with FOV and campaign. I had a friend solo whm to 75 back in the day when the xp/lvl was still crazy insane past 60 and there were crap camps and gear wasnt as good etc
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-05 10:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

well, if I had that kinda time, I would have had THF and PUP at 75 already.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-05 10:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I did thf in campaign battle from like 60-75...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-05 10:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

well, when my THF hits 60 and PUP hits 60, that's my plan.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-05 10:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
well, when my THF hits 60 and PUP hits 60, that's my plan.

OH it wasn't my plan the guys who I knew who I had been lvling with and demolishing ***with using SATADE were higher lvl and sync wasn't out and no one else would invite a thf no matter how much dmg I did
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-05 10:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sad that people depend on Campaign to level from 60-75 nowadays -.-
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-11-05 10:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
3) Recruit party members. The party leader should seek fellow synergists with the right skills needed for a particular recipe

This is pretty much where I stopped caring.

Not only do we have to form a party for crafting, but now you need a specific skill/lvl for it??
It's hard enough just to get certain jobs together to do the mini-expansions.

If you need to hunt down a party of specific people along with a specific slot type and element it's almost too much to bother with.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-05 10:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:

I'm sure you've tried to make parties these days and have to deal with the stress of finding competent people.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-05 10:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Asura.Korpg said:
I'm sure you've tried to make parties these days and have to deal with the stress of finding competent people.

Or people who just laugh at half the jobs. What your not a rng sam or drg DD GTFO nao!
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-05 10:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Asura.Korpg said:

Or people who just laugh at half the jobs. What your not a rng sam or drg DD GTFO nao!

job-centered *** who fail in their entirety for not giving other players on OTHER jobs a chance to show their skills.
[+]
By Areis 2009-11-05 11:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

back on topic about this... It seems incredibly complicated.

That's not to say it's going to be bad, but without more information i just don't know.

Someone mentioned that most materials would be crafted... that doesn't mean they'll be profitable to craft step up materials. Most mats used in a synth are non-profit or small-profit and the people who make out like bandits are the ones who gather the new raw materials.
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-11-05 11:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Instead of messing with existing content I wish they'd put more effort into completing their new content. How long until WoTG is finally over?

Remember ToAU didn't even finish until WotG came out.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-05 11:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
I think they want to force the idea of companionship on us. But I agree, most of the ***now, you'll need alliances for it, or if you're a skilled RDM/NIN, you don't need anyone lol

^this.
sure, rdm/nin can solo a lot, but you need the patience of Job to spend 3-4hrs to kill a lot of them. i, for one, do not have that kind of time to burn. i'd rather saw off my head with a spoon.

this system fails. i was excited about these two new systems at first, but now i have lost all interest. are they going to be adding a new looking for synthesis buddies icon or some nonsense? fail fail fail.

only thing i can hope for is that the items created with this new system are buyable.

also, this just made me think of DQVIII. that ***was annoying, but at least all you had to do was run around while the stuff cooked. this sounds overly complicated.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-11-05 11:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:

maybe on your server. lol I haven't had a problem lvling WAR or DRG recently. I only do campaign for merits and allied notes.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-05 11:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Wardens said:
Asura.Korpg said:
maybe on your server. lol I haven't had a problem lvling WAR or DRG recently. I only do campaign for merits and allied notes.

Yeah well thats war or drg. Try being a thf sometime
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-05 11:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Wardens said:
Asura.Korpg said:

Campaign helped me a lot when I was leveling NIN over a year ago. I didn't do campaign only for 60-75, but during downtimes lfp it was decent exp other than sitting in whitegate.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2009-11-05 11:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Now, to gather 6 level 100 cooks together, and make "THE FEAST OF UBERNESS"

Party food, 3 hr duration
+50 in every stat

~Coughs~ All silliness aside, this does seem needlessly complicated. For some reason, I imagine people needing to stare at the furnace and hit respective arrow keys while the furnace is going off to "lower it's HP" like in fishing, except to make something.

I am hoping SE doesn't make partying as a way of companionship, as someone mentioned above, instead as a prerequisite. I think I'll hold judgment on the whole partying thing until I see how it's implemented.

What I am hoping for is that there are ranges of synergy recipes, so all levels of players can use it. Someone like me has a few crafts leveled up, so I can probably make a few low key items that has uses. Other people may have to group up with a few low level crafters to make a few items they can use. Probably some really elite gear comes from having several players with 100 level crafts each. However,I can also see someone who has a level 100 craft and all other crafts at 60 solo a few recipes. Baring the complications that will most likely stem from the dynamics of actually crafting through synergy, this does have potential.

Also, going back to the Evolith topic, I can see someone using specific ingredients in Synergy to influence the parameters of the slots when they go to slot their gear. I think that will make the Evolith system better, and throw some of the randomness out the window.
 Fairy.Sari
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Sari 2009-11-05 12:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing that kills me is how Square continually adds things that players cannot do alone.

You're so right - ... oh no wait... FOV anyone? Campaign? I play solo loads on RDM and DRK - adventuring fellow etc o.O

If anything they are boosting Solo play these days.

And ive never needed to solo for exp at any level, with level sync there really is no excuse unless your server is actually dead...

Lol @ "Fewell" /sigh

Thats baaaad
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-05 12:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Sari said:
One thing that kills me is how Square continually adds things that players cannot do alone.

You're so right - ... oh no wait... FOV anyone? Campaign? o.O

If anything they are boosting Solo play these days.

Lol @ "Fewell" /sigh

Thats baaaad

FFXI is basically a crap game.
If this update makes you cream your pants than you're just falling for SE's stupid little tricks to keep players pumping money into an aged, unsubtle and unbalanced game.
[+]
 Fairy.Sari
By Fairy.Sari 2009-11-05 12:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Its old yes, but it makes me smile - other MMOs are just boring imo.
Most of the changes SE has made have been asked for by the player base - FOV being a prime example. I love SE for providing an alternative to the dumbed down, overly simplistic drivel being spoon-fed to millions of idiots across the world.

I also like the average FFXI player, whereas I HATE the average player of a number of other ‘top’ MMOs. I like that a lot of annoying brat kids find it too hard/long/complicated, they can go play wow. I like FF the way it is, and I hope cries of “Its too hard” and “Its too complicated” fall on deaf ears.

I like the look of this new system, and with the details given it COULD be win. But only time will tell.

I also have no problem with SE testing ideas for FFXIV out on FFXI (assuming they aren’t too central/integral to play) - I would much rather have thoroughly tested (in XI or in good BETAs) game than have a hurried, half finished, unbalanced, untested game a year from now (*cough* insert new 'next-gen' MMO name here). And the main reason FFXI looks as decrepit as it does is PS2 compatability and SE’s commendable ongoing support of the original platform.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-11-05 12:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
FFXI is basically a crap game.
If this update makes you cream your pants than you're just falling for SE's stupid little tricks to keep players pumping money into an aged, unsubtle and unbalanced game.

Yet you're still playing.
[+]
 Fairy.Sari
By Fairy.Sari 2009-11-05 12:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
FFXI is basically a crap game. If this update makes you cream your pants than you're just falling for SE's stupid little tricks to keep players pumping money into an aged, unsubtle and unbalanced game.

^ THIS x LOTS
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-05 12:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Sari said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
FFXI is basically a crap game. If this update makes you cream your pants than you're just falling for SE's stupid little tricks to keep players pumping money into an aged, unsubtle and unbalanced game.

^ THIS x LOTS

You wish. I'm not playing this game anymore.

-
Go ahead. If you want to pay 15 bucks a month for a game that look like it's straight from a nintendo 64 screen it's your choice.

By all mean, I'm not criticizing your choice to continue throwing your money in a black hole, I'm criticizing SE for abusing their position by updating an 8 year old game with crap that sounds so weird and just straight idiotic that one CAN'T help but try it out.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-11-05 12:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, so you aren't playing, yet you still feel the need to come to a message board dedicated to a "crap game" that you have no ties to..

Yeah, that makes sense..
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-05 12:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Oh, so you aren't playing, yet you still feel the need to come to a message board dedicated to a "crap game" that you have no ties to..

Yeah, that makes sense..

I'm trying to help people where I can. :o
[+]