Asura Term filter not working
 Asura.Zart
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2023-09-12 00:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

https://ibb.co/HNfb7J3

I uploaded a picture of this guy on Asura who shouts 24/7.
He says some words in Japanese then
1m\h very fast buy?

and I've tried to use the term filter for the English in his message however; it seems to not recognize this text because it is in a different text style then what we Americans use.

I would like Square Enix to fix this and possibly make it so, In game messages can be copied to the clipboard entirely from in game that way we can paste and apply them to the term filter text file.

Alternatively, ban this guy for his obnoxious behavior literally working his way around the term filter and the black list by making new characters.

I have tried to log the text file so, i could copy the text directly However; it come's out as gibberish code, or completely in Chinese characters and does not resemble anything he actually said and again none of which works when applied to the term filter text file.

Can anyone help provide the Japanese he writes in text so I can use the term filter to filter this guy.

I even black listed him, but literally the next day he created a new character.
Also Black list doesn't seem to load after you zone for a few seconds. I find this to be harassment from this person constantly trying to ask for in game gil for Mercenary services.

I think we all know what they are really doing. They are RMT, selling some players gil for Real life money, which is funneled back into their mercenary services. Inevitably, they have a GIL to real life money conversion ratio, and I think its disgusting and it ruins the immersion of the game.

I want to make guides on how to use the term filter and have it uploaded onto FFXIAH.com however; as soon as players find out how to get around the term filter it is going to be rendered useless.

I really hope some offical and Square Enix reads this message, and I hope you still care about the few players that still care and love this game.
 Asura.Cariko
user: Kariko
By Asura.Cariko 2023-09-12 01:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The shout in question is selling EP, not gil (though they probably also sell gil from some other account. If you buy gil you're more often than not just spending it right back into the hands of who you bought from).

The issue you're having with the filters is "full width" text. Most English text input in Japan offers two options: Full Width and Half Width. For some reason both of these look terrible. I've never understood why this is, but it's like in 1995 they discovered the uncanny valley for text size and decides to never make it better.

The English client doesn't come standard with this, because the number of NA/EU players who could actually use Japanese was rather small and the fear of being annoyed by the misuse of your own language's characters is only allowed to be inflicted upon English-speakers. Unicode is not for us.

In any case, you'd need to get the client to accept IME (please why couldn't we have that native 20 years ago?) for you to be able to type, let along paste text into the game.

If you're using windower, however, this might be possible, as there are some IME addons that, last I checked, didn't quite do what the really old versions managed to do (actually being able to type and swap languages). However, the latest versions have allowed me to paste JP text into the client. You'd just need to be able to paste in:

very fast buy (some or all of this)
or
1m\h
[+]
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2023-09-12 06:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for your help.
I did find the text converter online
https://lingojam.com/FullWidthTextGenerator
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2023-09-12 06:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible for us to find the text for the bracketed symbols on [10], [20] and [30] as well?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-12 07:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

When they use alternate text the filter is indeed useless. I tried to say that before they even made the damn thing. It was obvious.

Luckily only a couple *** have figured that out.

I just put Snkone himself on the filterlist.

Snkonei
Snkonej
Snkonek
Snkonel
Snkonem

Might buy you a month or two of no irritation at the cost of 5 slots.
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2023-09-12 07:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

「」 here i found the full width brackets for filtering or for use, thank you Cariko
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2023-09-12 07:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
When they use alternate text the filter is indeed useless. I tried to say that before they even made the damn thing. It was obvious.

Snkonei
Snkonej
Snkonek
Snkonel
Snkonem

WE can literally go to this website:

and convert our half width text into full width text and then copy and paste into the term filter text file and that should work.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2023-09-12 07:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhere Fujito is screaming I IMPLEMENTED COPY TO CLIPBOARD ALREADY.

bottom of this post: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/60657
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-12 07:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zart said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Snkonei
Snkonej
Snkonek
Snkonel
Snkonem

WE can literally go to this website:

and convert our half width text into full width text and then copy and paste into the term filter text file and that should work.

It works for that, until they use a different thing to get around it.

Sylph.Reain said: »
Somewhere Fujito is screaming I IMPLEMENTED COPY TO CLIPBOARD ALREADY.

bottom of this post: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/60657

That works until they change the letters/numbers/misspell on purpose

What works today is only temporary