Constant Crashing With Same Error

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Constant Crashing with same error
Constant Crashing with same error
Offline
Posts: 3164
By Taint 2023-09-05 07:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It seems to point to a windower file and the system file. Any thoughts?

Faulting application name: pol.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x4e3bcddc
Faulting module name: USER32.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3324, time stamp: 0x0c8c5139
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003ed3f
Faulting process id: 0x2b58
Faulting application start time: 0x01d9df9bc2461bbe
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll
Report Id: 15f31e75-1a4a-499f-ab96-ebc8e5c8d372
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 9439
By Asura.Saevel 2023-09-05 12:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
That is the generic legacy windows GUI library, is this crash during startup or in the middle of play?

That error code is a memory access violation. Few questions, are you using dgvodoo2 and if so what is your GPU memory set to? If that value is over 2GB, have you run the Largeaddressaware utility on pol.exe since the last client update?

This is assuming no hardware issues, unstable memory can cause this issue but I don't think that is the problem.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 779
By intrloper 2023-09-05 15:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Saevel said: »
That is the generic legacy windows GUI library, is this crash during startup or in the middle of play?

That error code is a memory access violation. Few questions, are you using dgvodoo2 and if so what is your GPU memory set to? If that value is over 2GB, have you run the Largeaddressaware utility on pol.exe since the last client update?

This is assuming no hardware issues, unstable memory can cause this issue but I don't think that is the problem.

Just wondering does the 4gig RAM patch need to be done after every update?
Offline
Posts: 3164
By Taint 2023-09-05 16:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It happens during gameplay. Last night in the middle of a Sortie run and then 3 more times I crashed right after logging back in. 4th time I was fine and completed the run.

Memory size set to 4096 kB in Dgwoodoo.

I've never heard of largeaddressaware so no I haven't. Do I DL that?

AND THANK YOU!
[+]
Offline
Posts: 667
By Dodik 2023-09-05 16:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
intrloper said: »
Just wondering does the 4gig RAM patch need to be done after every update?

If there is an update to pol.exe then yes.
Offline
Posts: 779
By intrloper 2023-09-05 20:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Dodik said: »
intrloper said: »
Just wondering does the 4gig RAM patch need to be done after every update?

If there is an update to pol.exe then yes.

Thanks. seems no updates to pol.exe in last 9 months since i did the patch
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 9439
By Asura.Saevel 2023-09-05 20:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Taint said: »
It happens during gameplay. Last night in the middle of a Sortie run and then 3 more times I crashed right after logging back in. 4th time I was fine and completed the run.

Memory size set to 4096 kB in Dgwoodoo.

I've never heard of largeaddressaware so no I haven't. Do I DL that?

AND THANK YOU!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz2ckvmqju7kfdh/LargeAddressAwarePatcher.zip?dl=0

I found that this needs to be applied after every update, we never know when SE changes it. It enables pol.exe to access more then 2GB of total memory. What is likely happening is at some point in time a graphic asset gets loaded above the 2GB line and when the game crashes with a memory access violation when it goes to use it.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 779
By intrloper 2023-09-05 21:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Saevel said: »
Taint said: »
It happens during gameplay. Last night in the middle of a Sortie run and then 3 more times I crashed right after logging back in. 4th time I was fine and completed the run.

Memory size set to 4096 kB in Dgwoodoo.

I've never heard of largeaddressaware so no I haven't. Do I DL that?

AND THANK YOU!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz2ckvmqju7kfdh/LargeAddressAwarePatcher.zip?dl=0

I found that this needs to be applied after every update, we never know when SE changes it. It enables pol.exe to access more then 2GB of total memory. What is likely happening is at some point in time a graphic asset gets loaded above the 2GB line and when the game crashes with a memory access violation when it goes to use it.

Wouldn't the modified date in windows be a dead give away?
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 9439
By Asura.Saevel 2023-09-05 21:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
intrloper said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Taint said: »
It happens during gameplay. Last night in the middle of a Sortie run and then 3 more times I crashed right after logging back in. 4th time I was fine and completed the run.

Memory size set to 4096 kB in Dgwoodoo.

I've never heard of largeaddressaware so no I haven't. Do I DL that?

AND THANK YOU!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz2ckvmqju7kfdh/LargeAddressAwarePatcher.zip?dl=0

I found that this needs to be applied after every update, we never know when SE changes it. It enables pol.exe to access more then 2GB of total memory. What is likely happening is at some point in time a graphic asset gets loaded above the 2GB line and when the game crashes with a memory access violation when it goes to use it.

Wouldn't the modified date in windows be a dead give away?

You'd think, but I've had to reapply it to fix random crashing.
Offline
Posts: 3164
By Taint 2023-09-06 07:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ok thank you trying it now. I will let you know!
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
Posts: 526
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-09-06 09:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I like to add this anytime I see one of these threads in case it helps someone.

For a good while I suspected quite a few things were causing my crashing as it seemed to be about an hour in length.
It wasn't until someone outside my party did the reraise animation that I understood it was a bad dat file booting me completely out the game with only an event log file.

I replaced all my dats with cleanly sourced files not from file check to correct the issue.

The memory patch was needed from my experience, to correct the emptyness or loading and no map being present but the character is.
Frequent zones with this issue were resiwnjima omen waiting area and lower jeuno.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 3164
By Taint 2023-09-06 12:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I did the large address app and its still crashing with a new error:

Faulting application name: pol.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x4e3bcddc
Faulting module name: USER32.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3324, time stamp: 0x0c8c5139
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003ed3f
Faulting process id: 0xd28
Faulting application start time: 0x01d9e0df88cd349b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll
Report Id: bb571250-18f3-40bc-8bfd-24b859447b5a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 9439
By Asura.Saevel 2023-09-06 12:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ok then it's either corrupted dats or a funky driver.

Question, do you have a Realtek sound device and are on Windows 10 or 11? This happened to me once, I started to randomly crash for no reason and nothing I did would fix it. Eventually correlated the start of my crash with a Windows update that replaced by sound driver with one from Microsoft. Reinstalled by motherboards original sound driver and the issue went way. Might not be whats causing your problem, but try to see if there was some update right before this all started.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 3164
By Taint 2023-09-06 20:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Took out Voodoo to see if thats it, got a new error: but the d3d8 is from Voodoo I think?

Faulting application name: pol.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x4e3bcddc
Faulting module name: d3d8.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1, time stamp: 0x3346b54f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00049ea7
Faulting process id: 0x1bbc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d9e0ee5759d885
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d8.dll
Report Id: 2a8f8706-a338-4ac6-a8aa-91f964b6b88e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Log in to post.