How Do You Contact Square Enix By Phone?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How do you contact Square Enix by phone?
How do you contact Square Enix by phone?
By Panthur 2023-08-28 18:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So I reactivated FF11 yesterday and everything was fine. Today I go to log in and my one time password physical token's battery died with no real warning.

Sent in a support ticket through their site but I was wondering if there is a North American phone number to call (1-800-715-2450 is no longer a valid phone number lol). (How the heck do you even check your ticket if you can't log in?!)

Kinda sucks...(physical tokens don't have any emergency removal codes).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-28 19:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

theyll fix it via ticket within an hour or two typically.
By Jetackuu 2023-08-28 21:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

a. the online chat support can remove it.

b. if you switch to the digital it has a removal code

c. who calls support anymore? is it the 1980s again? What do you want to do? Send a fax?

d. the steps to remove it are on the support page;

SE said:
■ Physical Token
1) Log in to the SQUARE ENIX Account Management System (http://sqex.to/KeD) using your SQUARE ENIX ID and password.
2) Go to "Service and Options" and select "One-Time Password."
3) Select "Adjust Security Token (key ring type) settings" and choose "Security Token removal" and follow the steps for removing the Security Token.

e.(edit) apparently the chat support option is gone and it's all email now (an improvement tbh, chat support hours sucked, but it looks like they only check the emails in the same window: m-f 9-6 PT).
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2023-08-29 09:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Melucine said: »
Jetackuu said: »
c. who calls support anymore? is it the 1980s again? What do you want to do? Send a fax?

Can't speak for SE in this situation as they removed the phone during Covid in EU and only reply via tickets (possibility chat, no idea tbh).

But generally speaking, it's very common at least where I'm from that you'd prefer calling company support when you need something done. Email takes weeks or days at best.

Maybe it's different in the U.S.?

Depends on company. Having phone support used to be considered normal for business's and offered an entry level for folks wanting to get into that business's sector. Then some companies discovered it was much easier to pay someone in India to answer the phone for a fraction of the cost of a US based person. Of course customer support quality tanked hard, so now they disable the phone and use email or other text based system so you don't know who your talking with.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-08-29 09:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Melucine said: »
Jetackuu said: »

Can't speak for SE in this situation as they removed the phone during Covid in EU and only reply via tickets (possibility chat, no idea tbh).

But generally speaking, it's very common at least where I'm from that you'd prefer calling company support when you need something done. Email takes weeks or days at best.

Maybe it's different in the U.S.?

Agreed. I’m in US and I ALWAYS prefer to talk to a person whenever possible for issues like this. It’s FAR FASTER to call someone to resolve virtually any issue. Maybe Jetackuu was joking or something? *shrugs*