Copper Voucher / Obsidian Fragment Farming
 Asura.Jokes
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2023-07-19 00:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience in purposefully farming copper vouchers or obsidian fragments?

I’ve got a character that’s fairly new and burned from 100k obsidian fragments trying to make Linos augments (unsuccessfully) and have used all my vouchers and obsidian up.

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-19 01:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really any great way, only 7 per day obtainable from limited time roes.

Farming skirmish for the obsidian directly of course.

You get like 100 coppers from roe rov completion, which is probably how you burned 100k already lol. Theres like 40 in deeds.
[+]
 Asura.Anybody
user: Sisqo
By Asura.Anybody 2023-07-19 01:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You can trade the 119 equipment to the npc standing next to the sparks NPCs for copper vouchers. Delve is a good place for that. The gear is Ex but not Rare. You could get as many as your inventory holds. Roughly, this will get you 1 voucher for every other trade.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2023-07-19 01:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need obsidian fragment, you can buy wailing stone +2 and trade to ornery dhole i think for lots of points. For ergon its also more cost effective than buying the NQ.
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2023-07-19 01:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Suph said: »
If you need obsidian fragment, you can buy wailing stone +2 and trade to ornery dhole i think for lots of points. For ergon its also more cost effective than buying the NQ.

Mind Blown :O

Awesome thanks. and Thanks for the other feedback. I was about to go pop a ton of T1 escha zitah NM's lol
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-07-19 01:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seconding Delve. Each gear drop is 3/5 of a copper voucher. You'll get between 6-9 r/ex items per run.
By Beau 2023-07-19 02:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Trade 119 gear from current Double Unity Campaign for copper vouchers. You should not be using 100k fragments on linoses alone; spend the gil on +2 stones if that's the case.
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2023-07-19 05:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Beau said: »
Trade 119 gear from current Double Unity Campaign for copper vouchers. You should not be using 100k fragments on linoses alone; spend the gil on +2 stones if that's the case.

I got very unlucky trying to get the 3 WSD Augment. I bought 2 stacks of +2 Wailing Stones which gave me almost 90k Obsidian Fragments. Problem solved ty
 Bahamut.Bizarro
Server: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2023-07-19 12:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Beau said: »

Just under 5 stacks and I only saw the WSD augment 2x. +2 stones, from what I was told, do not affect the augment you get, only affect the chance that you will get good stats on w/e random augment you get.
[+]