Link | Quote | Reply

THF
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-21 20:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I can't get anything that makes sense. 20/20 would be the easy answer but that doesn't line up, and 25/25 doesn't either (this would put it in line with the other 1h primes). Am I forgetting about some kind of WSD that THF gets from gifts or something? Were all the WS done at 1000 for the 4% AM?

Having such an imperfect number for WSC would be very strange but it's the only conclusion I'm coming to right now as well.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-21 21:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Hmm, I can't get anything that makes sense. 20/20 would be the easy answer but that doesn't line up, and 25/25 doesn't either (this would put it in line with the other 1h primes). Am I forgetting about some kind of WSD that THF gets from gifts or something? Were all the WS done at 1000 for the 4% AM?

Having such an imperfect number for WSC would be very strange but it's the only conclusion I'm coming to right now as well.

All done at exactly 1000 TP.

Only relevant trait thf/sam has is PDL 1.

So, if I suppose that I'm at true minimum for non fotia, and the potential minimum for with fotia is right, WSC multiplier comes out to 0.2026, which is very close to 20%. In the other direction it's just over 0.24. So far all the others have been multiples of 5, so I'm curious. Just haven't had any luck getting actual empirical proof.
By Cloudius777 2023-09-21 22:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone know the stat modifier for Oshala ?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-21 22:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

All done at exactly 1000 TP.

Only relevant trait thf/sam has is PDL 1.

So, if I suppose that I'm at true minimum for non fotia, and the potential minimum for with fotia is right, WSC multiplier comes out to 0.2026, which is very close to 20%. In the other direction it's just over 0.24. So far all the others have been multiples of 5, so I'm curious. Just haven't had any luck getting actual empirical proof.

Getting pretty similar results. Just to check, you're using the /256 PDL trait numbers yeah?

Otherwise, godspeed with the rest of the numbers if you plan to continue. Those last thousands of a decimal suck mad ***. Realistically, the damage difference between the two is so incredibly small as to not matter much.
By Cloudius777 2023-09-21 22:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

also Testing Oshala with Diabolos Nether Blast on SMN, seems to be a 19~20% increase in magic damage with AM3 up.
By Cloudius777 2023-09-21 23:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly it seems Grioavolr is still magic BP king, beating Opashoro by 7~8% even with AM3 up...
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2023-09-22 05:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So Opashoro is kind of a dud, sword is pretty meh, katana (as a whole) is underwhelming...any other duds? Club goes in there too I think.
By SimonSes 2023-09-22 07:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

How is Opashoro a dud. Unless you mean stage3 only. Stage 5 is significantly stronger.
By Ranoutofspace 2023-09-22 08:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Significantly stronger where and what job?

I think Cloudius has stage 4 and if it's losing to Grio still... And Nirvana is still the go to for physical yeah?

Does it beat Laev? Or Bunzi/Ammurapi?

SCH would be a pain every Regen recast.

I wish it was THE staff but it doesn't appear to be, but hey, please fight it out with the numbers and hopefully more pics cause these threads are moving so slow nowadays.
By Nariont 2023-09-22 11:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Its one of/best nuking staff iirc
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-22 13:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping this from previous page, in case people aren't keeping up and can't/don't want to search the thread:

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
Tentatively putting Opashoro AM3 (stage 4 at least) as MAB+30 Magic Damage+50 after playing around with it a bit. Haven't tested SMN, but I would assume it's the same amount for Avatars. There is no difference in duration between stage 3 and stage 4 Aftermaths.

Without AM3, stage 4 Opashoro/Enki Strap beats R30 Bunzi's/Ammurapi for T1-4 nukes and slightly loses at T5 and above. With AM3 up, Opashoro wins pretty solidly at all tiers.

So...yeah. Best staff for nuking on BLM and SCH, at least compared to Bunzi. Not sure if he tested against Lava, or if he has it. Surely someone owns both and could check? Either way, if you're a SCH it's solid. If you're a SMN, probably not very good until stage 5.

You could argue until you're blue in the face about whether AM3 is cumbersome to put up or practical but that's a whole 'nother beast. It is good at what it does. You can use it to do dmgz if you are into that kind of thing.
By Felgarr 2023-09-22 17:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cloudius777 said: »
Sadly it seems Grioavolr is still magic BP king, beating Opashoro by 7~8% even with AM3 up...

Cloudius has stage 4, not 5. I would say inconclusive for now.
By publix 2023-09-22 17:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

is the horn that great? It's a great QOL I'm sure, but idk how worthwhile the song is in regard to its place in the lineup.
By drakefs 2023-09-22 18:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your parties make up. Easily 10K+ damage, per WS, for RDM, BLU and\or COR in Sortie (from personal experience). If a job already has easy access to PDL, not so much unless it enables some gear swaps. A better geared BRD than mine, may also see a significant uptick in WS damage.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-22 18:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely very significant increase in damage for situations where you're attack capped. Plenty of jobs have no PDL or not much PDL, and it offers massive amounts for the entire party. If you don't need a second march or any madrigals, you can quickly run out of useful offensive songs, so it has a pretty natural place a lot of times.

I don't parse or anything, so take it with a grain of salt, but I've done a ton of Sortie on BRD and my top-end WS have definitely gone up pretty significantly. My group also noticed similar increases as we started using Aria on a regular basis. I've used it in Omen to great effect, and same with Dynamis.

It's very, very good. Not like "you won't be able to clear content without it" good, but definitely a very nice bump to damage.
 Valefor.Aspens
user: Aspens
By Valefor.Aspens 2023-09-23 13:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

publix said: »
is the horn that great? It's a great QOL I'm sure, but idk how worthwhile the song is in regard to its place in the lineup.

aria is a huge buff, I would still put it below bolster fury/frailty, however, there are few things that can buff us beyond what is generally considered 'fully buffed' (honor/minx3 + chaos/sam + fury/frailty). Stuff like crystal blessing/etudes maybe? but they're miles behind a buff like aria considering brd is already a lock in every comp.

That being said it's still going to be situational and dependent on party comp, which some may find annoying that you can't just braindead use it as your 4th song for everything.

My anecdotal experience in our melee sortie runs has shown some jobs increase damage much higher in response to aria than others. For my sam particularly, if there's no geo then aria needs SV minuets or else it feels like it's wasting a slot. Add back in the geo and then even fudo numbers are incredible. Even trying to burst the skeletons before C with shoha>kasha for a weak light will take them to ~30-40% w/o aria and sometimes almost kill them with it.

The prime WS are very good, but I think a big reason that first week showed constant 99k's was aria doing some work
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2023-09-24 11:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just nosey and curious.
Any confirmed stage 5's yet?
Since stage 4 has the extra white damage proc, I'm a bit curious if stage 5 will have something else. Doubtful, but curious.
By SimonSes 2023-09-24 12:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »
Just nosey and curious.
Since stage 4 has the extra white damage proc, I'm a bit curious if stage 5 will have something else. Doubtful, but curious.

You can't stage 5 yet I think. There is one more update required for 5 more Psyche
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2023-09-24 12:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Just nosey and curious.

You can't stage 5 yet I think. There is one more update required for 5 more Psyche

Ahh yes, I believe you were right. I thought this month was the month but then I remembered how to count!
By Guyford 2023-09-24 13:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Any proper testing done on Fimbulvetr yet? I'm coming up on 3.5M muffins and am trying to decide between GS and GA. Would like to at least see how the ftp compares at 3k before I choose.
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2023-09-24 13:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

opashoro t4 is identical to nirvana(III) for SMN. 2 levels, 40 bpd, 30 acc. It comes down to the t3 aftermath. opas reported 20% damage increase vs nirvana's Occasionally Attacks twice (40%) or thrice (20%) which pulls nirvana ahead with just the +22% on double attack, i never knew if the triple attack procced on pacts or if it acted like more DA.

Opashoro t5 probably pulls a little ahead with the 10 extra bpd and the +1 more level which is another 57-60 attack and acc as well as some base stats.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-24 14:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
It comes down to the t3 aftermath. opas reported 20% damage increase vs nirvana's Occasionally Attacks twice (40%) or thrice (20%)

Sorry, where are you getting "opas reported 20% damage increase"? Opa AM has only magic stats, are you referring to a 20% increase in magic BP damage compared to Nirvana, with AM up? Since they both lose to Grio, I feel like it's not relevant.

If you're talking about physical BP then Nirvana will definitely beat stage 4, hands down no question.
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-09-24 15:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Flaming Crush probably?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-09-24 15:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Just nosey and curious.

Ahh yes, I believe you were right. I thought this month was the month but then I remembered how to count!

If it's any consolation, at least one group appears to be in position to pick up some stage 5s immediately after the next update.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-09-24 16:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've decided I really want only one thing from Stage 5- un-gate the WS behind the weapon upon completion.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-09-24 16:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Asura.Frod said: »
It comes down to the t3 aftermath. opas reported 20% damage increase vs nirvana's Occasionally Attacks twice (40%) or thrice (20%)

Sorry, where are you getting "opas reported 20% damage increase"? Opa AM has only magic stats, are you referring to a 20% increase in magic BP damage compared to Nirvana, with AM up? Since they both lose to Grio, I feel like it's not relevant.

If you're talking about physical BP then Nirvana will definitely beat stage 4, hands down no question.

i originally misread it as a damage increase to all types. if it's magic only then it sucks for everything but flaming crush. at t5 it's a nirvana +1 level and 10 bpd for phys, frustratingly putting it between nirvana and nirvana+AM

napkin math it needs 58 BPD to match perfect Grio for magic pacts?
the 3 levels probably make up the difference.
 Bahamut.Eisenzahn
user: DrGonzo
By Bahamut.Eisenzahn 2023-09-24 17:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Volteczero said: »
looks like some testing with prime gun WS
https://twitter.com/Aramith9/status/1668295029654437889
That damage doesnt look all that bad, sitting on the upgrade since it seemed kinda mid but looking forward to seeing some formulas soon to see if I pull the trigger
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-09-24 17:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

just build something you'll have fun with. No content 'needs' them as was just proven, and I don't see most getting a shot at making more than 1 stage 5, unless requirements adjust over time. So don't worry so dang much about testing and numbers and rankings, and just make something for a job you enjoy....and you'll never be disappointed.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 67 68 69