May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)
May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-25 13:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I await the day that someone gets to stage 5 and the npc says "10,000,000 Gallimaufry"
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-05-25 13:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you get the new chairs?
By Meeble 2023-05-25 13:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
You're the one asking for more here Meeble. I'm fine with just earning the event specific rewards. There are any number of things you could to to earn gil or EP. There is only one place you can go to upgrade empyrean armor and farm prime weapons. I don't think adding or increasing queues is popular to anyone.

Long queues are a uniquely Asuran problem, one which you are free to temporarily or permanently solve for yourself at any time. My queues are usually instant, and I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes for any instanced content, including the brand new VR mission battles during NA prime time last night.

I also wouldn't say I'm asking for anything; SE doesn't read these forums, and isn't likely to make changes based on one player's opinion even if they did. I'm just pointing out that the creamy brown filling in this Prime Sandwich isn't chocolate, nutella, or peanut butter, and I'm not biting.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
Server: Asura
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-05-25 13:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Where do you get the new chairs?

Probably next month's login points
[+]
By Dodik 2023-05-25 14:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to change rings? Asking for a friend.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-25 14:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
Maybe they should understand their player base are not teenagers anymore....

Unless they start allowing you to sell back all of these excess stones for decent amounts of gally, this is just going to discourage people from participating further. Or implement an omen system that lets you store 3-4 KIs at a time. I already have the 2 octos and 5 psyche items after 1 day for the next tier.

I think there might be a cultural difference here, I could be totally wrong, but part of me wonders if the JP community has the same anxiety the western community does wrg to finishing things as fast as possible.

This was all designed to drag Sortie out as long as possible in terms of relevance. If the JP players are more likely to enjoy that content and not be so focused on the end goal, it may make some sense. I have no idea if that's the case or not, but it seems there is somewhat of a cultural divide between JP and western players, part of me wonders if that is playing a role here. Then again, the "people have lifespans" comment on the JP stream may indicate otherwise.

As for storing KIs, the idea of doing 4 hours of Sortie in one day is enough to make me drop everything in all my wardrobes so that I cement the fact I will never come back no matter how much I'm tempted. 1 hour of Sortie is bad enough but doing it 4 times in a row would be absolutely mind numbingly awful, at least for me.

Also, with all the whining and moaning on Reddit and other places about how everything can be soloed, all REMAs finished really fast and solo, etc...maybe this is their answer for people that want a 75 cap relic-type grind that you can't buy or merc. Either way, I think its short sighted from a gameplay pov, but they have the data behind the player base that we don't have, so maybe they know something we don't about what people want.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-05-25 14:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »

Drop the ring and pay 10M gallimaufry
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-05-25 15:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
You're the one asking for more here Meeble. I'm fine with just earning the event specific rewards. There are any number of things you could to to earn gil or EP. There is only one place you can go to upgrade empyrean armor and farm prime weapons. I don't think adding or increasing queues is popular to anyone.

Long queues are a uniquely Asuran problem, one which you are free to temporarily or permanently solve for yourself at any time. My queues are usually instant, and I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes for any instanced content, including the brand new VR mission battles during NA prime time last night.

I also wouldn't say I'm asking for anything; SE doesn't read these forums, and isn't likely to make changes based on one player's opinion even if they did. I'm just pointing out that the creamy brown filling in this Prime Sandwich isn't chocolate, nutella, or peanut butter, and I'm not biting.

Can confirm congestion is solely an Asura problem, and the last time SE acknowledged that, it got Shinryu changed for the detriment of everyone across all servers. If you don't like congestion, don't play on Asura. Simples.
[+]
 Asura.Myasasa
user: Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2023-05-25 15:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

just got an Octahedrite from coffer in F (blitzer with empy set)
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2023-05-25 15:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Myasasa said: »
just got an Octahedrite from coffer in F (blitzer with empy set)

We got one from C boss and a basement chest last night.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-25 17:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »

Have posted about it a couple of times in this thread but I'm currently waiting out the timer to see if there's any extra steps or cost to getting a new ring. Mule is still being told to come back later so I still suspect it is a conquest tally wait after dropping. It's longer than most of these things these days.
[+]
By macsdf1 2023-05-25 18:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe u can drop psyche off the final sortie boss or at some point. They said the guy only gives up to 5 a month. Maybe u can get more elsehwere.

But I've already quit, *** speeding 6 months to make one weapon when I have 20 ml50 jobs.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-05-25 18:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Can confirm congestion is solely an Asura problem, and the last time SE acknowledged that, it got Shinryu changed for the detriment of everyone across all servers. If you don't like congestion, don't play on Asura. Simples.

It's an incredibly overstated problem, typically by non-Asurans who see day 1 Asura queues and use their imaginations to extrapolate that as a constant struggle.

Ambuscade, Odyssey, Sortie -- none of them have significant lines on Asura lately. Basically instant.

Sure, when in-demand content releases there'll temporarily be a queue spike. There were 60+ page waits for the final VR fights the morning of release, but they were already down to single digits later that night.
[+]
By Manque 2023-05-25 19:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
I think there might be a cultural difference here, I could be totally wrong, but part of me wonders if the JP community has the same anxiety the western community does wrg to finishing things as fast as possible.

I was curious about this so I left some comments on some popular JP FFXI bloggers’ websites. Sure, just 2-3 peoples’ opinions, but it at least made me step back a bit.

Question:
[redacted preamble]
Foreign players are pretty surprised about the 1mil galli requirement for stage 3. What kind of reaction has there been in the JP community?

Answers:
  • Commenter 1: I’m the sort of person who is easily influenced by the opinions of others so I actually try not to read any opinions from other players so I’m not influenced by any negative comments. So, I don’t really know about the Japanese players’ reactions to the 1mil galli requirement. Personally though, if stage 3 is 1 mill, I have myself wondering how many will be required for stage 4 and 5?! Sure, It’s a scary thought, but I’m looking forward to slowly working on it, like water drips holes into stone.

• Commenter 2: The monthly encounters have become a delicious goal!

• Commenter 3: I think many people think that there just isn’t enough information at this current stage to really make any sort of decision. I think people will start commenting once we have a full picture of what is required to complete them.

• Commenter 4: too early to say I guess…

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kahraba
Server: Bahamut
user: ashcrow
By Bahamut.Kahraba 2023-05-26 00:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

1 mill galla seems actually a good choice, i think the point is that people can catch up with gear while others can farm something, also 1 million for stage 3 is not bad at all.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-05-26 00:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a post on the official forums about getting sortie converted to alliance content. maybe if we can get some extra responses we can make a change.
Feedback Link on official forums
[+]
By Vaerix 2023-05-26 01:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kahraba said: »
1 mill galla seems actually a good choice, i think the point is that people can catch up with gear while others can farm something, also 1 million for stage 3 is not bad at all.

I don't think it's as much a 1 million is "just too damn high" I think it's more the fact that it's only stage 3. Stage 4 is when the special weapon skills become usable outside of sortie, and stage 5 is completion, so going from 10k, to 10k+ an item, to 1 million + 2 items + 5 time gated items, leads to some very ominous implications for stage 4 and 5.

Also beginning with saying that these are "solo able" and should take 6 months to "complete" makes no sense when a standard solo player will get 1m muffins in 2-3 months.

It's just a lot of unknowns after such a grind for breaking the 1/2 way mark.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-26 01:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

"Soloable" and "6 months to complete" were two separate things. He said the most dedicated players will finish within the year, but they would be soloable. That doesn't mean they'd be soloable in 6 months. That said, I don't think a standard solo player would be getting 1m galli in anywhere close to 2 months. Average player will solo 6k-8k a run. That's closer to 4-5.5 months.

Anyway the time to complete these things isn't the problem. The banality and dogshittery of doing Sortie every single day for 6months+ is.
[+]
By Dubaiii 2023-05-26 01:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Could someone Like create a private server with latest client version , and aquire all prime weapon final stage and test them?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-26 01:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

no. that isn't how it works. private servers are based on recreations of how we understand XI to work and emulating it. we don't understand how primes work.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2023-05-26 02:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
I made a post on the official forums about getting sortie converted to alliance content. maybe if we can get some extra responses we can make a change.
Monkey paw curls.
Sortie is now alliance content, but gallimaufry is converted to a shared drop that goes into common loot pool. Enjoy.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2023-05-26 02:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Moonja said: »
I need a better route. I get ~9800 a run triboxing. And there’s no way I’m going to go every single day from now on and never miss a day.

It’s over 3 months for me at that rate. And I do have pieces of gear that I want to +3 yet. That takes me 8 days just to do one.

I, myself, am probably just going to finish my armor I want and then I’m not sure.

I know person who triobox ABCEFG and gets like 40k+, but he is also best FFXI player I know by far.

Realistically it's probably best to aim for:
- A+C+E and all upper NMs then kill trash. That should be around 20k easily
- A+C+E+G and all upper NMs. That should be around 30k.

This can be done with mage or melee. Going further and add B+F can be done only with mage trioboxing (i don't think you can kill F with melee unless with some massive luck with it's tp moves)

Edit: about Psyche. Mischief reported that you need to zone and talk few times to NPC to get all the Psyche. People from my static got all 5 retroactively without problem too.
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-26 03:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone who had already done the peculiar RoEs before update get the psyche? It’s really not going to make a difference if I get these five or not, just thought I’d check again.

I did peculiar foes before the update. You tried talking to Elijah multiple times and zoning in between?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Server: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2023-05-26 04:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone who had already done the peculiar RoEs before update get the psyche? It’s really not going to make a difference if I get these five or not, just thought I’d check again.

I did peculiar foes before the update. You tried talking to Elijah multiple times and zoning in between?

I've completed them all before, but had to do my last 2 of this month for Elijah to give me the 5 Psyches.

I usually skip Morbol cause he's a *** unless I go SAM and Kamihr, cause I'm too lazy to do that trip.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2023-05-26 04:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have already completed the RoE and it won’t give you the psyche, try talking with the Elijah with the prime 2 equipped.
By RadialArcana 2023-05-26 04:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubaiii said: »
Could someone Like create a private server with latest client version , and aquire all prime weapon final stage and test them?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14