Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Crooked Cards Plus Corsair's Roll
Crooked Cards Plus Corsair's Roll
By Galkapryme 2023-04-30 07:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it work? Or does Crooked only work on stats that enhance battle actions?
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2023-04-30 09:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Works on all rolls.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-05-01 06:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

+20% on all rolls

Correct me if I'm wrong but back in the day when COR 1st came out... through who knows when, it used to simply apply the job bonus for a given roll? That was my memory of how it worked before I returned to the game.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-05-01 07:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
+20% on all rolls

Correct me if I'm wrong but back in the day when COR 1st came out... through who knows when, it used to simply apply the job bonus for a given roll? That was my memory of how it worked before I returned to the game.

Absolutely wrong I'm afraid, Crooked Cards is fairly new so no.

Relic hat would have a chance at adding the job bonus to rolls without the job being in the party which might be what you are thinking of.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-05-01 08:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it work on Bolter's Roll? Or does Crooked only work on stats that enhance battle actions?
[+]
By Nariont 2023-05-01 09:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

All rolls so far as i know
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2023-05-01 10:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
Does it work on Bolter's Roll? Or does Crooked only work on stats that enhance battle actions?
Likely, but with +18% Movement speed, it's hard not to cap Movement Speed with Bolters.
VIP
By Lili 2023-05-01 17:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »

Works on all rolls, but some rolls give stats that are capped, and Crooked won't put you past the cap - like Blitzer, Allies, or Bolter.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-05-02 02:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Absolutely wrong I'm afraid, Crooked Cards is fairly new so no.

Relic hat would have a chance at adding the job bonus to rolls without the job being in the party which might be what you are thinking of.

That must be what my memory was. I knew you enhanced rolls at 75 era but had no idea if Crook was around then or not.

That being said, sort of off topic, Light shot was changed right? as far as enhancing Dia goes. Someone made the off comment awhile back to me that you can no longer double boost.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-02 04:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Works on all rolls, but some rolls give stats that are capped, and Crooked won't put you past the cap - like Blitzer, Allies, or Bolter.
Correct me if I'm wrong but while the overall cap is +60% movement speed (and, as such, getting more than 60% speed from Bolter's Roll would be appearently useless, but one could say more than 48% if we consider 12% mov speed from various gear), there can be an use in Crooked Bolter if for instance you're under the effect of some debuff that reduces your movement speed.

C/G Boss in Sortie for example. If you're without the metal you won't be able to remove the Curse, and in such a situation getting more than 60% from Bolter's, can help getting closer to the 60% cap, since you start from negative movement speed instead of the typical 0%.
VIP
By Lili 2023-05-02 05:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Light shot was changed right? as far as enhancing Dia goes.

Correct, it was changed a while ago, now you can only shot once and it adds a flat 2.75% (still quite significant) potency to Dia, instead of the "increasing tiers" from before. So now Light Shot Dia II is "only" 23% def down and can't get higher, while Dia III becomes almost 29% down.

Asura.Sechs said: »
Correct me if I'm wrong but while the overall cap is +60% movement speed (and, as such, getting more than 60% speed from Bolter's Roll would be appearently useless, but one could say more than 48% if we consider 12% mov speed from various gear), there can be an use in Crooked Bolter if for instance you're under the effect of some debuff that reduces your movement speed.

C/G Boss in Sortie for example. If you're without the metal you won't be able to remove the Curse, and in such a situation getting more than 60% from Bolter's, can help getting closer to the 60% cap, since you start from negative movement speed instead of the typical 0%.

Niente da correggere, hai ragione.

Yeah that's right, lots of stats can get negative modifiers. The cap is generally global, where a strong Slow can be countered by stacking triple marches and/or geo haste. For movement speed, debuffs aren't the only reduction - most notably, Retaliation gives -14! Bolter's roll is definitely able to overcome that.

Note that some stuff has sub-caps, like weapon delay reduction, or Subtle Blow I and II. I have no idea how Monk's Roll interacts with stuff like Bruiser's Earring tho. I suspect it's just all additive and the cap is still +75% total - so you could wear 50 SB I and 35 SB II and Bruiser's Earring, and still be at cap.
[+]
By Tathamet 2023-05-02 13:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That being said, sort of off topic, Light shot was changed right? as far as enhancing Dia goes. Someone made the off comment awhile back to me that you can no longer double boost.

April 3, 2019 Version Update said:

The effects of the ability Light Shot on Dia have been changed, and the effect no longer stacks.
* In line with this change, Light Shot no longer has any effect on the priority of Dia.

The effects of the ability Dark Shot on Bio have been changed, and the effect no longer stacks.
* In line with this change, Dark Shot no longer has any effect on the priority of Bio.

The defense down effect of the white magic spell Dia has been adjusted. Numbers in parenthesis represent the value when affected by the Corsair ability Light Shot.

Code
Pre-adjustment → Post-adjustment

Dia	5% → 10%(13%)
Dia II	10% → 15%(18%)
Dia III	15% → 20%(23%)
Diaga	5% → 10%(13%)

The attack down effect of the black magic spell Bio has been adjusted. Numbers in parenthesis represent the value when affected by the Corsair ability Dark Shot.
Code
Pre-adjustment → Post-adjustment

Bio	5% → 10%(13%)
Bio II	10% → 15%(18%)
Bio III	15% → 20%(23%)

Source: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55263