HD UI And Skill/Spell Mods (XiVew Variant)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » HD UI and Skill/Spell Mods (XiVew variant)
HD UI and Skill/Spell Mods (XiVew variant)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By RadialArcana 2022-12-03 07:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Armaddon said: »
Really enjoying these all so far :) My only minor suggestion would be to maybe consider adopting some more at-a-glance discernable coloring for some of the buff icons in the top bar, like for songs (e.g. do a bright red note for minuets, bright blue for marches, etc.). I don't have a screencap handy but when you're sitting on 20-30 buffs plus negative status effects in stuff like Sortie, it's a bit tough to figure out exactly what's going on. Granted, much of that is just learning the new icons, but it was tough to differentiate some things whether Regen/Refresh was active, various stat down icons, specific songs, etc.

That said, I still like them enough to keep on using them, even with no changes!

Try this one

HD Skills / Spells ALT 57.dat

Changed refresh to have green arrow (inc geo), changed the main bard songs to be fully of that colour (red min, blue madrigal, haste icon pink for marches, green for mambo, left minne as it was), paeon has a red note but gold circle, ballad has a green note and gold circle.

Just to point out some things I didn't in the first post. Curse and doom have diff icons, doom (that will kill in 10 seconds) has a !. CP rings have a star, normal rings don't.
[+]
 Asura.Baeron
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Daeron
By Asura.Baeron 2022-12-03 08:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You might consider posting these on github so that people can easily download any updates you make for the monthly patches. Nice work, though! They look really nice.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-12-03 09:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
League Font (League of Legends) version of 51.dat above

This is the same as the UI file above (51.dat) but with a League of Legends font for names, UI etc (normal width) Basically a gothic looking font.

My favorite font yet actually... looks great in game!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
Server: Lakshmi
user: Hibiu
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2022-12-03 16:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Really enjoying these all so far :) My only minor suggestion would be to maybe consider adopting some more at-a-glance discernable coloring for some of the buff icons in the top bar, like for songs (e.g. do a bright red note for minuets, bright blue for marches, etc.). I don't have a screencap handy but when you're sitting on 20-30 buffs plus negative status effects in stuff like Sortie, it's a bit tough to figure out exactly what's going on. Granted, much of that is just learning the new icons, but it was tough to differentiate some things whether Regen/Refresh was active, various stat down icons, specific songs, etc.

That said, I still like them enough to keep on using them, even with no changes!

Try this one

HD Skills / Spells ALT 57.dat

Changed refresh to have green arrow (inc geo), changed the main bard songs to be fully of that colour (red min, blue madrigal, haste icon pink for marches, green for mambo, left minne as it was), paeon has a red note but gold circle, ballad has a green note and gold circle.

Just to point out some things I didn't in the first post. Curse and doom have diff icons, doom (that will kill in 10 seconds) has a !. CP rings have a star, normal rings don't.

This is great, thanks for taking the time! It's much easier to pick them out at a glance now.
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2022-12-03 17:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Noob question, but is it possible to still use ChangeTex or Tex Hammer to swap out the font itself (via a different DDS) in these files? I love the look of the condensed pearl/bazaar/stars icons, but would be interested in seeing how it looks with a non-italic font (like Trebuchet from Caradog's Xi-View repo). It looks like the version of ChangeTex I'm using just crashes out when I try, and using Tex Hammer (which I've never actually used to try swapping the font itself, so, not sure it can) turns the text in-game into a hilarious-looking jumble of letters smashed together, so I figured it's likely that you've managed to work some magic to pack in the images you put together and ChangeTex/Tex Hammer don't know how to handle it heh

No worries trying to explain it all if it's a huge PITA to do, was just curious if I was missing something easy
By RadialArcana 2022-12-03 18:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a high res trebuchet sprite sheet but I didn't upload the dat, I'll upload the dds so you can import it yourself (will import with either program and work as long as the size is correct).

The sizes of the images you linked are 256x256 and all the mapping in the original file is for that image size, I changed a load of stuff in the file though so now it will only accept 512x512 (basically invalidating all those files in Caradogs repo).

File below, Treb HD 512 dds image

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c0jpFRUSUn-7h2GzM7_YCFBtKa7ICmNW/view?usp=share_link
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2022-12-04 00:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a high res trebuchet sprite sheet but I didn't upload the dat, I'll upload the dds so you can import it yourself (will import with either program and work as long as the size is correct).

The sizes of the images you linked are 256x256 and all the mapping in the original file is for that image size, I changed a load of stuff in the file though so now it will only accept 512x512 (basically invalidating all those files in Caradogs repo).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c0jpFRUSUn-7h2GzM7_YCFBtKa7ICmNW/view?usp=share_link

Awesome, thanks again!
 Lakshmi.Armaddon
By Lakshmi.Armaddon 2022-12-04 22:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thanks again!

Just a follow up - I tossed it into the Condensed icon file, and it looks great!

In case anyone wants the dat, I tossed it up on Google Drive: 51 Trebuchet MS Font.dat
[+]
 Bahamut.Voyce
Server: Bahamut
user: Rinuko
By Bahamut.Voyce 2022-12-05 04:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thanks again!

Just a follow up - I tossed it into the Condensed icon file, and it looks great!

In case anyone wants the dat, I tossed it up on Google Drive: 51 Trebuchet MS Font.dat

I love this one, looks great on UW too.
[+]
By leopeo 2022-12-05 07:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

loving the font.

the white square background behind items (equip boxes?) in equip make it seem too much imo, cluttered? or too bold looking, it stands out more i guess dunno. my UI size is increased one notch higher at 1440p though, my only complaint really

edit: i tried to load just the font dds you linked but ChangeTex doesnt seem to work anymore?
 Bahamut.Geefresh
Server: Bahamut
user: geefresh
By Bahamut.Geefresh 2022-12-05 08:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The Trebuchet on UW looks really nice! Thanks!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-05 08:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still changing and adding stuff to the UI mods, punctuation and stuff needs to be updated as well as some font sizing. Also a condensed 2 version.

After that I'll upload a load of alternate UI component textures and the tool to change them and you can change any part of it how you want.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By leopeo 2022-12-05 08:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still changing and adding stuff to the UI mods, punctuation and stuff needs to be updated as well as some font sizing. Also a condensed 2 version.

After that I'll upload a load of alternate UI component textures and the tool to change them and you can change any part of it how you want.

awesome you are doing amazing work I now realize you are still working on it all so thats great, i didn't mean to nitpick at the equip boxes but i just wanted you to know my feedback you know :)

i tried to change just the font when you linked the dds file but i guess ChangeTex isnt working anymore and it didnt save when i swapped the font font dds with yours. great work keep it up we appreciate it a ton
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-05 08:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

leopeo said: »
i tried to load just the font dds you linked but ChangeTex doesnt seem to work anymore?

It should work, make sure you're replacing the font font texture.

There is a better tool you can use than changetex (that does the same thing) below

https://korithsmods.blogspot.com/p/tex-hammer.html

As i said above though, the sizes have to match. you can't put a 256x256 in a slot that has a 512x512 texture. The file is coded beyond the modding tools to accept certain size files.
By jackle833 2022-12-05 20:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Super curious how you went about changing the file to use 512x512 for fonts. I've never been able to find much out there on using different text file sizes
By ithorien 2022-12-06 09:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

jackle833 said: »

Super curious how you went about changing the file to use 512x512 for fonts. I've never been able to find much out there on using different text file sizes

Same, but I'm also just excited to have a high res DDS/option to edit my own font into :D
By RadialArcana 2022-12-08 17:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By jackle833 2022-12-08 18:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

this looks so good. Cant wait to use it on UW
[+]
By zigzagzig 2022-12-09 04:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i want your baby ^^; NOW
[+]
By ithorien 2022-12-13 15:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazing things

Hi! I'm trying to merge your amazing icons into XIVParty, but having trouble figuring what all of them are. Did you have any mapping doc or anything you went by when making these?
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-13 15:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

ithorien said: »
Amazing things

Hi! I'm trying to merge your amazing icons into XIVParty, but having trouble figuring what all of them are. Did you have any mapping doc or anything you went by when making these?

I updated the icons at the top of page 2, if you didn't see btw.

https://github.com/Windower/Resources/blob/master/resources_data/buffs.lua
By RadialArcana 2022-12-13 16:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

I'll update the first post tomorrow, they are pretty much done now. Can see one of the font variants in the game from the video Logical made though
By ithorien 2022-12-13 16:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ithorien said: »
Amazing things

I updated the icons at the top of page 2, if you didn't see btw.

https://github.com/Windower/Resources/blob/master/resources_data/buffs.lua

Must have juuuust missed it on a refresh. TYYYY :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Last question, what are you using to browse data if you don't mind me asking? I was still using POLUtils but it seems what you have going on is better.
By RadialArcana 2022-12-13 17:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/Caradog/XI-View

If you check the utilities folder, iconchange is the program in there.
By ithorien 2022-12-13 21:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/Caradog/XI-View

If you check the utilities folder, iconchange is the program in there.

Oh nice, thanks! Completely missed that was there >.>
By Yawley 2022-12-14 02:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Love how clean the nameplates and menus look, but in changing to the new 119/51.dat, I'm back to default log window font moji, which is pretty uggo. Is there a way to get this font back to my log window/item descriptions?

Quote:
By RadialArcana 2022-12-14 03:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yawley said: »
Love how clean the nameplates and menus look, but in changing to the new 119/51.dat, I'm back to default log window font moji, which is pretty uggo. Is there a way to get this font back to my log window/item descriptions?

Quote:

Made no changes to system fonts, make sure fonts are set to high quality in the config program for ffxi.
By RadialArcana 2022-12-14 08:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

XIView HD 3 Zip

Have the base Vanilla font in normal hd and condensed 2, same for trebuchet (normal xiview font) and in the variants folder league of legends (norm and condensed2) and Hunger Games (condensed2, didn't spend much time on this font)

Also added a drag and drop folder with alt textures, grey macro keys and alternate job points as well as the original textures for equip boxes and pointers.

If have problems with texhammer can use changetex too, but be careful to update the correct texture.

Job point variant textures in the folder

---

To change parts of the 51.dat in the "x modify with drag and drop elements" folder.
[+]
By Yawley 2022-12-14 11:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yawley said: »

Quote:

Made no changes to system fonts, make sure fonts are set to high quality in the config program for ffxi.
I've got myself quite a pickle then. Before installation, Trebuchet was only showing up when I config'd fonts on lowest quality. How would I get Trebuchet onto HQ fonts?