Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Distance Penalty
Distance Penalty
 Bismarck.Mooze
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Mooze27
By Bismarck.Mooze 2022-09-09 07:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious if anyone knows what the ranged acc penalty is based on distance? Thought I’d being able to ranged tp on a mob that has dangerous close (10’-15’) ranged AoE damage. I’ve only been back a month so not sure if this particular situation will arise but I’d imagine it will, so was trying to optimize my accuracy taking into account the penalty. Suppose if I don’t get any bites here I can post in RNG forums, but pirates are much cooler!
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-09-09 09:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the exact penalty is known, but I can tell you from my own experiences with shooting on both corsair and ranger that it's negligible. If your gear sets are up to date you won't even notice the ranged accuracy penalty. Anything I can hit at optimal range I can still hit reliably if I step back a dozen or so yalms. The ranged attack penalty is more noticeable than the accuracy penalty if you ask me, but good attack buffs can overcome that too. Your gear sets should still be the same whether you're at optimal distance or shooting from maximum range 25 yalms away.
[+]
 Bismarck.Mooze
Server: Bismarck
user: Mooze27
By Bismarck.Mooze 2022-09-09 09:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome! I brought anew friend from 14 with me and we were doing colibri for nostalgia sake and I just noticed it I was 15’ or more away I couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. I most likely have just forgotten how awful cot’s racc was around those levels lol. Thanks for the response!
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-09 10:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's about -80 RACC at max ranged attack distance, which is very beefy when leveling, but usually pretty negligible at 119 with good gear.
[+]