Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » White Wind
White Wind
 Bismarck.Mooze
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Mooze27
By Bismarck.Mooze 2022-08-24 18:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm just stupid, or extremely unlucky, but is there a trick yo learning White Wind? I'm currently something like 0/230 on Snaggletooth Peapuks and like 0/10 on the Puk in abyssea. I've had gloves on on all but a few kills (tried changing things up) and ive tried waiting on them to use it multiple times. The closest ive ever been to this unlucky was like 1/20 on some of the dual elemental spells.
 Phoenix.Godofwars
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Godofwars 2022-08-24 19:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

best to just do the nm puk in abyss altpa i went for 2hrs non stop and my friend went 1/1 but i did use my glove and skills was capped
 Asura.Msmissy
Server: Asura
user: msmissy
By Asura.Msmissy 2022-08-24 21:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Got it on first try via phantom puk in the shadows of the mind ISNM thingy.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-24 21:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Double check to make sure you don't already have it, just in case.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2022-08-24 22:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

How many mobs do you have on you at a time.
biggest speed increase you can do is to have more mobs on you.
Then make sure all of them have HP below 25%
Then at he tail end comes gloves
 Bismarck.Mooze
By Bismarck.Mooze 2022-08-24 23:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

My blue skill is capped with merits, gloves full time, checked 100 times hoping I just overlooked it, both in BluGuide and ingame magic list. The speed isn't really an issue. With abusing the 100tp if same element as day, getting a singular mob to use white wind take no more that 20-30 secs on avg. But I've seen 200+ white winds and killed 200+ mobs that have used it, gained something like 50 merits 3k at a time lol. I have no problem spending 20-30 mins a day continuously trying, as the completionist in me wont allow me to ignore it, I was just making sure I wasn't doing something wrong.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-08-25 07:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I learned white wind on abyssea puk Waugyl nm which spawn from abyssea puks item
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-08-25 07:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

it sounds like your blue magic skill is not high enough. how high is your skill? counting gear.
 Bismarck.Mooze
By Bismarck.Mooze 2022-08-26 01:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
it sounds like your blue magic skill is not high enough. how high is your skill? counting gear.
440ish? its capped with merits
By Nariont 2022-08-26 02:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really just terrible luck unless you somehow missed getting the spell which you already said you checked several times, i know i was 1/107~ or so on diamondhide before despite having capped skill and the gloves. That said its really strange to go 200+ with nothing
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2022-08-27 00:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm lv 110 with 614 skill wearing my bis skill set (+1 empy slots still, so not fully bis anymore). wouldn't it be badass if they gave us more spell slots, and some more points at capped master levels? Yeah. i know. good joke. i know that'll never happen. ; ;

back on topic: Keep at it man. I wound up learning it off puks in escha: zi tah at flux 2 iirc. w/e the flux is that has black dragons and puks north of it. Sort your spells if you haven't. That'll make it a lot easier to see white wind at the bottom of the list if you're hitting up menus angrily, checking if you got it or not. Blu can be frustrating as hell sometimes. It's all worth it in the end though. Keep at it! /cheer
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [266 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-05-20 00:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

1/67 on MG. went 1/1-1/5 on all my original characters and wasn't even trying back in the day. The amount of cruor I had to farm this time. without any VW stones. horrible

I'm 0/30+ so far on diamondhide.

I was about to switch to getting white wind when I saw this thread.

FFXI-this is the way