Seraph.Helixx
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2009-11-02 08:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

JoFort getting pop items sucks.

Fairy.Vegetto said:
About 4-6 hours on average for mnk solo on a stack of 12, plus a lot of lost exp from unlucky situations. I would sell the virtue from fortitude and buy as many M chips as I could w/ that money and then farm the rest. (Though hard to find sellers at times). I'd say about half of my total M chips were farmed and the other half bought.

This.

Soloing, you can do it, but duo/trio is much much safer. BRD RDM MNK. Giving BRD Haste refresh, double march he can "Lock" the NM in place with dia1 spam (NM reflects spells when pets live).
While you can solo it i would not reccomend it. 1: you may die. 2: RL calls and you need to afk 20 sec. 3: Duo/trio much faster.

As For JoFaith. You just need 1 kiter (PLD) than backup: WHM BRD RDM. As many BLM as you can bring and a TH. Not soloable my any means.
 Seraph.Goldey
user: Goldey
By Seraph.Goldey 2009-11-02 09:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo'd Faith to 75% on RDM/NIN just to see how far I could take it before I died. I was actually quite surprised I lasted so long. An hour had already passed and I had only done 25% so I called for some help in ls.

Now I'm not saying it would be easy, by any means at all, but I believe RDM/NIN can solo this provided you can play your part perfectly for upwards of 3-4 hours. How I survived was only casting on it while it was casting Stone IV or Quake II. It seems to favor Stonega and Slowga though so this takes time. When it is in closed form it does not favor casting, favoring melee instead, and its melee attacks are strong. I had to Gravity it several times when it would catch up to me and I knew it was not going to open any time soon. So long as Gravity is not abused resistance was not apparent. When its open it certainly favors casting so kiting is very easy during this form. Now as long as you know how to kite it properly (hug inside, run to outside when it casts to avoid) its within the realm of possibility to solo.

I myself should have died twice since 2 Breakga went off, but RDM resist petrify kicked in both times. But hey luck plays a huge factor in this game don't it? :D
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-02 09:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to call upon such a stereotype, but pics or it didn't happen. I can not believe that you soloed this for over an hour and still didn't die. After an hour, gravity will be resisting. There is no discussion about this; it resists gravity after so many casts, everything does. How you would live for an hour without Gravity, I don't know. That's why I want to see some sort of proof or evidence, because bluntly, I don't believe you.

"Now as long as you know how to kite it properly (hug inside, run to outside when it casts to avoid) its within the realm of possibility to solo. "

It doesn't matter how much you do this, it moves at 125%. It will always catch up to you. Always.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-02 09:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
It doesn't matter how much you do this, it moves at 125%. It will always catch up to you. Always.

Having personal experience, you can outrun Jailer of Faith even though it moves with increased movement speed because it stops to cast a lot. I've outrun everything its thrown at me except for Slowga as the casttime for that is very short. If you keep running while its casting and never stop (except for Tier 4s to be absorbed by shadows so you can stick dots) I can see it possibly happening. However this would take a lot of skill and a lot of time. One Breakga and its game over. I would never believe it until I saw a youtube video of it.
[+]
 Seraph.Goldey
user: Goldey
By Seraph.Goldey 2009-11-02 09:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well for this kind of situation I don't think pics would be very convincing evidence. A video yes. But that aside, it was not necessary to gravity it every time it wore off. That is how most people fight Faith, but in my case it was reserved for emergencies only. (In closed form, was hitting me and Ni timer was down) The good thing about closed form was that it liked to try and TP attack sometimes when it got in close, rendering it useless for a few seconds while I built up a sizable lead again. Never once had to cast it in open form since it casts spells so frequently, making it easy to keep a lead on. If you have RDM with C legs I welcome you to try it, because my gear was nothing special at that time. You may just be as surprised as I was at what you can do if you actually have the nerve to try.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-02 10:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

On the topic of Fotitude, where is a safe place to kite it? I have a few people in my LS who need the torque and I'd be willing to help them with it.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-02 10:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That might be true, but as long as you're Faith's only target, every single one of its actions are focused on you. Even with multiple tanks kiting him, I've seen tanks get annihilated when they have too much hate. This is with support as well. The simple fact is, Faith annihilates. He hits like a tank and his magic is equally as dangerous.

I don't disbelieve for a second that it's easy to kite during his spell casting phases, as he literally starts to cast just as you're in range. However, outside of this, he'll run at you, he'll melee you, also doing so really quickly as well. All the times I've low manned Faith, I just can't see solo kiting possible. The danger of Breakga is there as well, and he seems to favour this spell.

I'm all for learning and being shown it's possible. I would try for myself, but I have a Faith Torque, so I have no reason to try and solo it. =\

Also:

Unicorn.Excesspain said:
On the topic of Fotitude, where is a safe place to kite it? I have a few people in my LS who need the torque and I'd be willing to help them with it.

The room opposite his spawn point is the easiest place because it's a natural big loop. Just need to despawn the adds first.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-02 10:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Excesspain said:

Any one of the square rooms right before its ??? except for the one you actually pop it at (as the adds don't despawn they go back to the ??? and wait for fort to die before desapwning so you'll relink them)

Speaking of relink them lol. One time I d/c'd while fighting fortitude and came back almost dead and it was well on its way back to the ??? and I caught up to it when it was about halfway back and some guy runs up out of nowhere and claims it. At this point, I go back to the ??? where I popped it, grabbed the links and ran them back to fortitude. It was a glorious wipe. I then reclaimed, relost aggro, and finished it off.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-02 10:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Excesspain said:

I personally use the strategy of kiting him to the main elevator room in the garden. Someone inside the room can do an action on him and pull through the door. This allows Fort to be manaburned "hate free" as mages can cast and port up on the elevator to lose hate.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-02 10:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
I personally use the strategy of kiting him to the main elevator room in the garden. Someone inside the room can do an action on him and pull through the door. This allows Fort to be manaburned "hate free" as mages can cast and port up on the elevator to lose hate.

I think he meant solo. :P
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-02 10:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
I think he meant solo. :P

Oh my bad then. But if hes helping a few people in his LS get a torque...
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-02 10:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurray for double posts.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-02 10:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I did mean solo. Something I can do when I'm bored and feeling nice enough to log my friend on and have him sit in the zone while I solo it.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-02 10:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Excesspain said:
Yeah I did mean solo. Something I can do when I'm bored and feeling nice enough to log my friend on and have him sit in the zone while I solo it.

Have him come thf or if he doesn't have it, at least /thf for th1