First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24
 Pandemonium.Wickster
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Wickster
By Pandemonium.Wickster 2009-11-02 08:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
Antarctica WILL NEVER BOW TO YOUR DEMANDS, BARBARIAN.

ANTARCTICA FTW!
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-11-02 08:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I've never understood why the US still uses the old Fahrenheit scale for temperature. Celsius makes so much more sense.. 0 is the freezing point and 100 is the boiling point. 32 and 212 are just..strange.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-02 08:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear "Rest of the World",

Please refer to the story of the Three Sisters. The oldest sister was a *** and bossed the other two sisters around. The second sister rebelled and kicked the ***outta the first sister, then ran away. The second sister established herself elsewhere along with the tag-along third sister. The first sister laughed when she found out that the second sister was diagnosed with Schizophrenia, but the second sister fought and got her mind back in one piece.

Signed,

America

P.S. I just made you read that whole thing HAHA!
 Seraph.Helixx
Server: Seraph
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2009-11-02 08:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:

User submitted image

WHAT?! I thought they stopped using cow bladders for packaging purposes long ago. Also biodegradable packaging ftw.

User submitted image
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-02 08:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Personally, I've never understood why the US still uses the old Fahrenheit scale for temperature. Celsius makes so much more sense.. 0 is the freezing point and 100 is the boiling point. 32 and 212 are just..strange.

Maybe Americans don't need everything to end with a 0 to make sense...
It's also more accurate. Kind of like measuring something with centimeters compared to inches.
 Seraph.Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2009-11-02 09:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Valefor.Sketchkat said:

It's also more accurate. Kind of like measuring something with centimeters compared to inches.

you can break up Calsius into 0.1 and 0.001 degrees. With farenheit its was to confusing.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-02 09:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Helixx said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Valefor.Sketchkat said:

you can break up Calsius into 0.1 and 0.001 degrees. With farenheit its was to confusing.

*** Fahrenheit and Celsius. I have four temperatures to work with.

1). "***, its cold!"
2). "Ah, this is nice."
3). "Ok, no sweater for me today."
4). "Jesus H Christ, it's hotter than Satan's balls here!"
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-11-02 09:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
User submitted image

I wonder how many of these have been split or ripped apart by accident In comparison to cartons... Accident waiting to happen.
 Seraph.Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2009-11-02 09:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Like i would know
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-02 09:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Helixx said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Valefor.Sketchkat said:

Making everything .01 is lame <.>
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-11-02 09:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

*** Fahrenheit and Celsius. I have four temperatures to work with.

1). "***, its cold!"
2). "Ah, this is nice."
3). "Ok, no sweater for me today."

The only difference for me is hoodie instead of sweater.
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-11-02 09:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

If it wasn't for us, you'd be speaking German, heiling Hitler, and wearing Lederhosen.

Signed,

Uncle Sam

The other way of looking at it, if it wasn't for Americans reluctance to get involved then it would have been over sooner, thus saving millions of lives.

But this is a topic that could go down him very fast.

Caitsith.Blurr said:
dear america. we DO use the metric system.

wow we have gallons of gas and milk, omg were so ignorant and pompous <.<

anywhere it matters at all, youll be working with, and obviously know how the metric system works.
you wont find the .."imperial system" anywhere in science >.>

Sry as an engineer that deals with America regularly, this isn't true. I still get engineering drawings from the US in imperial and most American's I have given presentations to have had to, contain both imperial and metric units, because if I don't half the room have no idea what I am saying.

i dont know what you do for a living or where you work, but i do know the job title "engineer" gets thrown around way to frivolously today. ffs, even janitors can be called engineers now..

sry, but people that actually deal with things integral to the countries functionality, domestically and abroad, are all using the metric system. american scientists are NOT having communication issues over the imperial system with the rest of the world..
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-02 09:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Helixx said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Like i would know

I personally like the phrase "My *** is sweating more than a priest on a playground."
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-02 09:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear America,

We love Girls Gone Wild. Keep the young, virgin *** coming so we have something other than camels to masturbate to.

Signed,

The Taliban
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-02 09:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop pulling Canada into this mess. As a French colony they are immune and protected from the evil ideals that roam the northern plains of America.

--

Also the person that suggested America saved the day is clearly wrong.

The Germans actually surrendered to the soviets on May 8 1945. I love how the Soviets are severely underappreciated for their contribution in the second world war.

America drops two bombs killing hundrerds of thousands of innocents and the Soviets are running along the frontline with broomsticks painted black as weapons.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-11-02 09:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

We use the metric system. Thanks to soda I know how much 2 liters is! In America, milk comes in Gallons and soda comes in liters. We're almost bi-measuringsystem-lingual

I remember being in elementary school actually and having a week or two where all these teachers came in and they were trying to teach us the metric system. We'd go home, ask our parents for help because "wtf does all this mean!?" and then our parents would be like "uhhhhhhhhhhh idk, how to do this" so then I guess the school quit trying to teach it to us.

I actually thought centimeters were a normal part of our measuring system forever too. Its on all the rulers. I honestly thought it was the smallest measurement, it went centimeters, inches, feet, yards..yeah.

Actually Im quite proficient with the metric system, It isnt confusing until you get into medical classes though and then for some reason its 10x more complicated then it really is.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-02 09:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

If it wasn't for us, you'd be speaking German, heiling Hitler, and wearing Lederhosen.

Signed,

Uncle Sam

The other way of looking at it, if it wasn't for Americans reluctance to get involved then it would have been over sooner, thus saving millions of lives.

Caitsith.Blurr said:

anywhere it matters at all, youll be working with, and obviously know how the metric system works.

Sry as an engineer that deals with America regularly, this isn't true. I still get engineering drawings from the US in imperial and most American's I have given presentations to have had to, contain both imperial and metric units, because if I don't half the room have no idea what I am saying.

i dont know what you do for a living or where you work, but i do know the job title "engineer" gets thrown around way to frivolously today. ffs, even janitors can be called engineers now..

sry, but people that actually deal with things integral to the countries functionality, domestically and abroad, are all using the metric system. american scientists are NOT having communication issues over the imperial system with the rest of the world..

I did (moved job recently) work as a engineer (a real one, I went to university) for Lockheed Martin UK. And we had an official company conversion document which we had to use when converting American drawings (from LM USA) into metric.

If the worlds largest defence contractor (and one of americas largest companys) isn't using the metric system then I am going to assume the same goes for the rest of the US.

N.B. I also hate the devaluing of the word engineer, I hate it when people think I fix boilers for a living when I introduce myself as an engineer
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-02 09:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
[+]
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-11-02 09:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-11-02 09:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Also the person that suggested America saved the day is clearly wrong. The Germans actually surrendered to the soviets on May 8 1945. I love how the Soviets are severely underappreciated for their contribution in the second world war. America drops two bombs killing hundrerds of thousands of innocents and the Soviets are running along the frontline with broomsticks painted black as weapons.

I lol'd. I'm not bashing the Soviets because they DID contribute a lot more than the world gives credit for. However, to be completely frank, all the soviets had were numbers, and most of the battles they "won" would be considered a loss by anyone with a value on human casualty. Look at any battle the soviets were in...they more than likely lost at least double their enemy. (That battle with uh...Finland I think it was? comes to mind.)

On topic. Daus is correct, they tried integrating it into American culture in schools. Even a lot of the teachers had no clue wtf was going on, so they stopped. XD
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-02 09:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

so somewhere out there, there is milk that is... hairy?

Edit: the Soviets had sheer numbers, farmers and peasants who didn't know the first thing about combat. They got tossed to the Germans until the Germans eventually pulled out under their own command.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Bluesummers
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Bluesummers 2009-11-02 09:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

dear map at page one,

get your colors right we dont use the metric sistem in Puerto Rico

/hurray for coppying the US... -_-

/early reply
i know no one cares about Puerto Rico 99% of the ppl in the world cant even point it out i know but meh
Puerto Rico ftw!!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-02 09:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Puerto Rico!!! <3

(I'm PR)
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-02 09:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Give us your oil, or else we'll drop black people strapped with dynamite on you.

Signed,

Uncle Sam
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Shiroichi
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Shirai
By Midgardsormr.Shiroichi 2009-11-02 09:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Dear "Rest of the World", If it wasn't for us, you'd be speaking German, heiling Hitler, and wearing Lederhosen. Signed, Uncle Sam

Dear mr Hustle,

It was not the US americans that liberated my country, it were the Canadians.
It would be nice if you at least got that piece of history right.

Kind regards,

The Netherlands
[+]
 Kujata.Ninesunz
user: ninesunz
By Kujata.Ninesunz 2009-11-02 09:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Signed,

Uncle Sam

Caitsith.Blurr said:

I did (moved job recently) work as a engineer (a real one, I went to university) for Lockheed Martin UK. And we had an official company conversion document which we had to use when converting American drawings (from LM USA) into metric.

If the worlds largest defence contractor (and one of americas largest companys) isn't using the metric system then I am going to assume the same goes for the rest of the US.

N.B. I also hate the devaluing of the word engineer, I hate it when people think I fix boilers for a living when I introduce myself as an engineer

It is unbelievable how many issues arise when engineers try to convert from imperial to metric. Even with automated systems (Pro-E)conversions still get fuxxed.

Yes major companies still use inches and yards in their engineering diagrams, CAT, NASA, major car companies.

Many American engineers (and Americans in general) cannot relate the metric scale physically, but they can eye an 'inch' from 3 'yards' out :P
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-02 09:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Shiroichi said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Dear "Rest of the World", If it wasn't for us, you'd be speaking German, heiling Hitler, and wearing Lederhosen. Signed, Uncle Sam

Dear mr Hustle,

It was not the US americans that liberated my country, it were the Canadians.
It would be nice if you at least got that piece of history right.

Kind regards,

The Netherlands

Dear Mr. Dutch Person,

So what?

Signed,

KFH
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Bluesummers
By Gilgamesh.Bluesummers 2009-11-02 09:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Puerto Rico!!! <3 (I'm PR)

woot woot go go puerto ricans! >.>:

go go playing on the internet in the middle of class while the profesor is talking crap i couldnt care about less
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-02 09:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
*defense *companies etc. etc.
You'd think you'd know how to spell...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24