Forum » FFXI » General » rmt mt..yes it happened
rmt mt..yes it happened
 Bismarck.Xenshi
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xenshi
By Bismarck.Xenshi 2009-11-02 00:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

so im standing around in sandy and i see a familiar name..its the dam rmt that sent me 2 tells. and then he does a say 2 times "/sea all 75-75 k" then "/sea all 75-75 l". most of you alrdy knew this is how they do it, but i just found it funny a rmt messed up twice back to back hehe...then i reported his ***!! keep the fight alive peeps lets get rid of these rmt tells!! ....rat bastid got me again as i was typping this -.-
[+]
By Meez 2009-11-02 00:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-11-02 00:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I got so many today. They were just throwin 'em out there! And then I walked away from my computer and thought I got an important /tell.. but no ;_;
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-11-02 00:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I report them as often as I have time to, but GMs don't seem to care anymore.
 Asura.Severna
Server: Asura
user: Magellan
By Asura.Severna 2009-11-02 00:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:

Of course they don't. You ban one, six more will take it's place. It's pointless until SE finally finds a way to stop it entirely.
[+]
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-11-02 01:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tell the GMs that [character name here] is advertising RMT websites. They'll be gone with in 5 min. That's been my experience on Garuda anyway. However, there will be a new one sending tells within another 5min, so it doesn't really matter.

I've also noticed more RMT websites are doing this now... unless this spamming of tells is actually working then why would other RMT companies follow brogames?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-11-02 02:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xenshi said:
....rat bastid got me again as i was typping this -.-

w
 Caitsith.Xyooj
Server: Caitsith
user: Xyooj
By Caitsith.Xyooj 2009-11-02 03:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

so they wont /t you if you're /anon?
 Bahamut.Rydiya
Server: Bahamut
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-11-02 03:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
RMT

Wuzzat?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-02 03:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Xyooj said:
so they wont /t you if you're /anon?

No they will. They sometimes just go thru entire zones often alphabetically.
 Gilgamesh.Geddeo
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Geddeo
By Gilgamesh.Geddeo 2009-11-02 04:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I get /tells when I'm lvling other jobs so they definitely go for anyone they can....

If SE was smart they would change 2 things

1. can't send /tells while /away

2. limit or eliminate free trial peoples ability to send /tells

-- or --

2. Allow people to /block any /tells from people on free trial
 Caitsith.Foliage
Server: Caitsith
user: Foliage
By Caitsith.Foliage 2009-11-02 05:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i just want to add this. we all hate RMT tells and there's a way to get rid of them but SE has to get their head out of their *** and listen. 1 person sending them this suggestion won't help. they won't read it. but if many many people suggest this they might actually catch it and take it into consideration. so if everyone could, go to the PlayOnline site and request for them to limit the chat functions on a trial account to either Auto-Translates only, this allowing real players to start parties and get to know the game that relies on other players support in almost all situations, or they should create a chat system for trial accounts where you chose a limited amount of phrases to use, such as many Internet Games that come regularly installed with a Windows operating system. I've placed this inquiry several times but it's obviously being overlooked. So please pitch in! Thanks :D
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-11-02 06:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i've always suggested that websites that sell gil be shut down. Its not exactly hard to find them, simply google key phrases like gil, buy, sell, and FFXI. If they can take punitive action against the RMT characters, wouldnt they be able to push a case in court against such websites? hell, they might even be able to rape the profit they accrue from idiot players who actually buy. not like its not the first time SE has dipped into their player's pockets...
 Valefor.Quickmart
Server: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Quickmart 2009-11-02 06:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news16847.shtml
Quote:
To counter the increase of these issues, we are planning to introduce a filter to block suspicious tells along with the next version update. We ask for your patience and understanding in this matter.

No need to restrict new players from sending tells along with the rmt, a filter is in the works.
 Siren.Aytac
Server: Siren
user: Aytac
By Siren.Aytac 2009-11-02 07:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just get rid of the trial period. nuff said.
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-11-02 08:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Geddeo said:
I get /tells when I'm lvling other jobs so they definitely go for anyone they can.... If SE was smart they would change 2 things 1. can't send /tells while /away 2. limit or eliminate free trial peoples ability to send /tells -- or -- 2. Allow people to /block any /tells from people on free trial

That would be too easy and we all know SE can't allow that.
 Garuda.Ishkur
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-11-02 09:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They just don't care.

About 3 weeks ago I got a RMT tell, saying he was a GM. So I reported it... I get an alleged SGM response, on my help desk, saying they are going to look into it.

About 2 hours later, a friend in LS says he got a message from a RMT saying he was a GM. I thought it was a different one.
Then a second LS mate gets a message, I ask him: "Who was the RMT?"

Of course it was the same RMT that sent me the message... what does this mean? SE doesn't give a *** about RMTs and won't ban them

Ohh and I added the name on my GM call as SE suggested on one of the important notices http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news16847.shtml

But they just don't ban them, they'll just add a filter, which they'll update every 4 months and the RMT will get over it for sure
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-02 09:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Severna said:

Of course they don't. You ban one, six more will take it's place. It's pointless until SE finally finds a way to stop it entirely.

I don't understand why they haven't just implemented a tell limit on accounts less than 30 days old. Just allow them to only send 1 tell a minute or if they send more than 5 tells to different people in one minute to flag them to be banned.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-11-02 18:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Kyaaadaa said:
i've always suggested that websites that sell gil be shut down. Its not exactly hard to find them, simply google key phrases like gil, buy, sell, and FFXI. If they can take punitive action against the RMT characters, wouldn't they be able to push a case in court against such websites? hell, they might even be able to rape the profit they accrue from idiot players who actually buy. not like its not the first time SE has dipped into their player's pockets...

It's not that easy. Real money trading is illegal INSIDE the game: It violates the term of service... which you need to agree to in order to play the game. You can get your account banned for participating in such act. But it stops there.

RMT (trading in-game currency against real money) is in no way illegal in regards to any "real world" laws. Unless SE finds a way to prove that it violates their copyrights or patents or whatever, in some legal way (like they managed to do with FFXIAPP apparently, and which really is good news for all of us non-botting players), they're completely powerless.

In the case of RMT, that is extremely complicated for them because legally speaking those sites aren't violating anything but the in-game rules of a GAME... They're not reverse engineering the code, they're not bypassing security protections. They're simply using in-game functions in a way that SE (and most of the FF XI community) does not approve.

That is why MMORPG companies have so little power over RMT sites. Now.... if SE was empowered to just make any website shutdown based on the simple fact they think it's unfair to their business, we would be living in a pretty frightening world, trust me... You don't want that.

Vana'diel doesn't exactly have the same rules as "the Outside World"... ^-^;

------------

Reply to the OP:

I got a /tell "v" once. I suppose they wanted to type Ctrl+V to paste their message, but they forgot to presss Ctrl ... :) I wanted to reply and mock them. But they were set to Away :(

Why are people in Away mode allowed to send /tells? Isn't that kind of dumb?
 Fairy.Cintars
Server: Fairy
user: cintars
By Fairy.Cintars 2009-11-06 02:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i cant rember the exact details but EVE online had a issue a while back where if im not mistaken a fello player/employee sumggled game money for real money i think somwhere around $400k as i said i just recall very few details from the news but he ended up in jail or something maybe someone had a link to the topic or mayve someone can recall it better then i can but he did general RMT sht and got in trouble

so maybe SE is just being a lazy *** as usual they dont care about the game anymore sence they make there money now they are working on FFXIV
they could care less about us i think G.M.s are a myth something that SE made up to scare us stright unless a real player dose something wrong then its BAM jail
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-06 02:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't get a single RMT tell today. Not a single one.

Either RMT's forgot their alphabet and skipped the K's, or the sky is falling.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-11-06 02:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

As I logged on this afternoon i had an RMT /tell pop up even before the /lsmes of my linkshell came up.... what kind of *** is that =( Get like 20 a day on Valefor its insanely annoying.
 Carbuncle.Noobozaurusrex
Server: Carbuncle
user: 1279561
By Carbuncle.Noobozaurusrex 2009-11-06 04:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, i kinda like the random broken engrish RMT tells, its fun to see their prices fluctuate like crazy. and they have gotten nicer over time. saying things like "have fun", "prease", etc.

lol, *** RMTs crack me up. I always imagine a big room of dirty Chinese commie *** w/ their huge *** CRT monitors from the early 90s, and they are smoking crack and taking speed as some big *** Genghis Khan looking *** stands over them w/ his Indiana Jones whip saying "make that money, stack that paper...i'm rish bish", but hey, thats just my sic sexual fantasy....anywho....see ya!
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-11-06 04:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Quickmart said:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news16847.shtml
Quote:
To counter the increase of these issues, we are planning to introduce a filter to block suspicious tells along with the next version update. We ask for your patience and understanding in this matter.

No need to restrict new players from sending tells along with the rmt, a filter is in the works.