"Let's Play!" #gamez
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-01 21:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Warning: this is incredibly dorky.

Anyone else into the various "Let's Play" series on the innaweebs?

If you've never heard of it, it's essentially a forum thread or video series where one person plays a game and kind of details or documents their adventure. I haven't done any of the forum threads, just watched videos from a particular user on YT and it's actually been pretty nice. Mostly games I've already played and wanted to revisit without actually having to re-play, I guess. I discovered them because said user was a really popular "Mario Paint" composer-turned-LP'er! Just thought I'd share or see if this was at all common amongst internet nerdos. :B

Archive I've never used, but I guess is helpful? - http://www.letsplayarchive.com/

Fun, entertaining LP'er I like on youtubez: http://www.youtube.com/user/HCBailly

Currently watching Chrono Cross and kind of wanting to play now. He just finished up FF6 as well after doing a multitude of other FFs.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-01 21:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite that I've seen is probably the LP for I wanna be the guy. Just because that game is bat-***insane. :s
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-11-01 23:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a headscratcher to me. Watching other people play games? o.o I guess it's good if you want to see a first-hand way of how a game works before ya buy it...as long as it doesn't include spoilers.

Or for really odd thingies like Ninian's choice there.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-01 23:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***. lol The *** MOON tries to kill you in this game. Ridiculous.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-01 23:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahahaha. I tried to play the game after watching the entirety of the LP. Let's just say that even knowing what's coming doesn't help. ._.; Except for that cutscene in which you're attacked in, if I got that far. :s