First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 26 27 28
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-25 16:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
dang. Didn't know about the level of blatancy some of those private servers were not only using the IP, but charging for it. I appreciate the info^^

Gotta admit though- I'm more surprised about the 3d printing of their chars/models and not going after that than even the private servers.

lol that is small change to them, do you know how many people are making money off images or designs from games? It's all over etsy, ebay, redbubble, etc. Anywhere people sell fan stuff, not sure why that surprises you.
It wasn't that it was happening that surprised me, it was that SE wasn't taking action that surprised me. There's always been a market for knockoff toys and such- Fita Lockhart isn't that new in the conceptual sense.
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-25 16:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I couldn't find anything on the t-shirt shop that's shilled on r/ffxi every month to indicate it was legitimate, but hey, here we are. It's amazing Reseph wants to suck up so hard to SE but not a single mod can get rid of the bootlegs from the sub! Obviously, he's not going to do it since he never pays attention to r/ffxi outside of the devs coming by.
By RadialArcana 2022-05-25 16:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to be really anti private server, then I saw a company shut down a game with 2 months notice with zero communication after the fact. When you see that, you realize that one day private servers will be your friend and maybe them pottering around the background with a few hundred people isn't a bad thing at all and actually an insurance policy.
[+]
By Lythturia 2022-05-25 16:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

All the private servers will be fine because they structured the MMO division so reports of bootleg FFXI servers go to the same place RMT taskforce requests go.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-05-25 16:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lusiphur said: »
the t-shirt shop

https://streamlabs.com/odoro_ffxi/merch

Do recommend. Perfect example of what FFXI really is.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-25 16:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

holy ***I can barely get a PLAIN hoodie for 32 bucks!
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-05-25 16:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the idea of private server development, but the politics in those groups can be a bit much at times.
By Cloudius777 2022-05-25 17:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Get your 2x Bonanza Marbles

By Draylo 2022-05-25 18:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

dang. Didn't know about the level of blatancy some of those private servers were not only using the IP, but charging for it. I appreciate the info^^

Gotta admit though- I'm more surprised about the 3d printing of their chars/models and not going after that than even the private servers.

lol that is small change to them, do you know how many people are making money off images or designs from games? It's all over etsy, ebay, redbubble, etc. Anywhere people sell fan stuff, not sure why that surprises you.
It wasn't that it was happening that surprised me, it was that SE wasn't taking action that surprised me. There's always been a market for knockoff toys and such- Fita Lockhart isn't that new in the conceptual sense.

Honestly most 3rd pt ones are better than most of what SE makes for merch.
[+]
By CrAZYVIC 2022-05-25 18:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bosworth said: »
Mattelot said: »
He’s not being truthful. 133 distinct IPs have logged into Nasomi in the past 24 hours. I don’t know about you, but that doesn’t seem like thriving to me.

To be honest, for a private FFXI server, that's not bad. Some people don't like having several hundred + players running around. That's the nice thing about variety, you can pick your poison.

Fair enough, but Nasomi lost a huge percentage of players to Eden and Wings, which are generally just better objectively. Eden is the same era as Nasomi with more players and a dev team that is actually chugging away adding stuff

The reason why NASOMI behaves like this are two

See players do lv 10 to 75 in Valkum dunes in wings/eden ok?. That's why NASOMI changed the level sync 10s maximum, it's so Silly that they join a classic server to NOT LIVE the original experience. He removed ToAU because people did the same thing, went to spam level with pinkbirds and ignored 99% of the other areas.

It's not that NASOMI is a tyrant, that crazy man. It simply removes exploits that players use to exploit the game. That's why eden/wings have more people because there you can lv 10-lv75 in valkum and if you can spam colibri

In fact, if you want to live an experience SIMILAR to 2007, the only viable server for that is NASOMI, the others are nothing alike.

That's why when many people ask for lv75 classic servers, I laugh they have no idea that NO ONE is going to play like it was played in 2007, everyone is going to rush, play pure meta jobs, they are going to ruin the economy, when one pays 350k for a stack of sole sushi, that's when you realice. This is not vanilla FFXI...
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-25 19:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

CrAZYVIC said: »
went to spam level with pinkbirds and ignored 99% of the other areas.
So the most realistic feature of the server was removed???
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2022-05-25 19:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy fk this thread actually got to 24 pages of nonsense
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-05-25 21:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

After reading some of this thread I come to the conclusion that most players have one of only three options.

1) Keep playing the game and expect nothing. Don’t dream. No hoping. Stop looking for ways to get anything extra. Accept that FFXI is the way it is, and even the current team of staff would love to give us more, but SE management won’t have anything to do with it. Take FFXI for what it is and accept it. Enjoy playing with your group of friends, because that’s the only proper way to endure the game’s obvious flaws which will never be fixed.

2) Do what I did and unsubscribe. Keep in the loop, or don’t keep in the loop. Play other games. Get another hobby. Make a family. Climb Mount Everest. Do literally anything but think about why this game is the way it is, because FFXI is an outdated game that we love(d), and it won’t be going away. You can always come back a year, two years, maybe three years from now, and enjoy the content you missed, which SE very slowly added. Trust me, you won’t be missing out.

3) Keep on begging, pleading, daydreaming, hoping, scratching, and clawing your way in to getting that console/mobile remake/remaster which SE has said won’t happen. Waste your time demanding a new UI. Mini-map. Equip viewer, and everything else Windower gives you. Ask for added expansions, which takes us to the Mithra Homeland, Rhazowa, and the original Tavnazia, with all new monsters, jobs, HD graphics, no Playonline launcher, and 20 free Mog Wardrobes.

Expect substantial updates every month while the game goes Free 2 Play. Race changes whenever you want. Free server transfers. Zero wait times for content, and entries no longer needing 3 players. All the buggy stuff? Gone. RMT? Also gone. Job balance? You got it. Ultimate Weapon overhauls? Yes! Crafting overhaul? Hell yes! Everything will be perfect. And then you realize five years from now… that none of this will ever, ever happen. And then you’re back to picking one of the first two options.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-05-26 00:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If nobody complains or hopes for things to be better, even just in forums, there really isn't much of a future. They have to be able to see the feedback somehow and I am sure they dont want to actively lose subs given its still a profit. Peoples voices online arent always a hopeless endeavor but I do understand why people are down, just saying it doesnt hurt to voice your opinion. Most will do a little of all 3 of course, but the game is still fun to me. We still have content coming and a really iffy storyline but I dont think people should give up on giving them feedback to improve the game however they can.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-05-26 07:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the unfortunate truth is that the 'feedback' doesn't matter to them. If all you have to say is 'I like FFXI and I want more and I'd pay for an expansion.' then they probably don't need to hear it. They already know the current playerbase is pretty dedicated, okay with extra costs, and willing to accept garbage. It might sound dismal, but telling them outright isn't going to change the value proposition.

If you want to send the message that FFXI is worth producing content for, get 3 friends addicted. If everyone did that, maybe there'd be a chance of a funding increase. But, not going to hold my breath.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2022-05-26 08:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I''m sure feedback matters, but there is a survey results of paying players which show a different set of priorities. Very few wanted remaster and classic server. The posters here are not representative of the larger audience of this game, even if some of us have invested decades into the game

There's also a very negative bias in the discussion. Things we want that they are also addressing are taken for granted such as inventory expansion, new story content etc. and people focus on what they can't get or nitpick things we are getting. A subset of the audience is just way too jaded.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-05-26 09:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Musashi232 2022-05-26 12:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If nobody complains or hopes for things to be better, even just in forums, there really isn't much of a future. They have to be able to see the feedback somehow and I am sure they dont want to actively lose subs given its still a profit. Peoples voices online arent always a hopeless endeavor but I do understand why people are down, just saying it doesnt hurt to voice your opinion. Most will do a little of all 3 of course, but the game is still fun to me. We still have content coming and a really iffy storyline but I dont think people should give up on giving them feedback to improve the game however they can.
i dont understand Dragon quest X gets expansions it has a less player base i think, from what i saw when i played there was a expansion couple months Back but why not 11, atleast make DQX in English its the only game that scratches that FFXI itch i don't understand SQUARE ENIX AT ALL
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-05-26 12:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

if you read the yoshida interview on the we are vanadiel website it's pretty obvious why that is the case.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-05-26 12:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I think the unfortunate truth is that the 'feedback' doesn't matter to them. If all you have to say is 'I like FFXI and I want more and I'd pay for an expansion.' then they probably don't need to hear it. They already know the current playerbase is pretty dedicated, okay with extra costs, and willing to accept garbage. It might sound dismal, but telling them outright isn't going to change the value proposition.

If you want to send the message that FFXI is worth producing content for, get 3 friends addicted. If everyone did that, maybe there'd be a chance of a funding increase. But, not going to hold my breath.

I'd wager this is completely accurate. Convincing people to try or play the game is mostly a non-starter. Too convoluted, the battle system is so far removed from any modern MMOs and feels snail-paced at levels 1-50, and the feeling of being wildly overwhelmed as a fresh player. The only thing driving subs at this point is nostalgia and familiarity.

Several conversations with people that have enough influence to help viralize retail ended in no sale. Before anyone says it, Ninja streaming private servers hurts the game by all measures.

By axetofall 2022-05-26 12:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoshida: FFXI is an MMORPG with such a distinguished history, and it’d be a pity if players couldn’t make it past the entrance. So I directed the team to make the installer more accessible by using words that are more common today.

lol it's crazy that he even has to do ***like that. Makes it sound like XI is being ran by a bunch of dinosaurs.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-05-26 12:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
After reading some of this thread I come to the conclusion that most players have one of only three options.

1) Keep playing the game and expect nothing. Don’t dream. No hoping. Stop looking for ways to get anything extra. Accept that FFXI is the way it is, and even the current team of staff would love to give us more, but SE management won’t have anything to do with it. Take FFXI for what it is and accept it. Enjoy playing with your group of friends, because that’s the only proper way to endure the game’s obvious flaws which will never be fixed.

2) Do what I did and unsubscribe. Keep in the loop, or don’t keep in the loop. Play other games. Get another hobby. Make a family. Climb Mount Everest. Do literally anything but think about why this game is the way it is, because FFXI is an outdated game that we love(d), and it won’t be going away. You can always come back a year, two years, maybe three years from now, and enjoy the content you missed, which SE very slowly added. Trust me, you won’t be missing out.

3) Keep on begging, pleading, daydreaming, hoping, scratching, and clawing your way in to getting that console/mobile remake/remaster which SE has said won’t happen. Waste your time demanding a new UI. Mini-map. Equip viewer, and everything else Windower gives you. Ask for added expansions, which takes us to the Mithra Homeland, Rhazowa, and the original Tavnazia, with all new monsters, jobs, HD graphics, no Playonline launcher, and 20 free Mog Wardrobes.

Expect substantial updates every month while the game goes Free 2 Play. Race changes whenever you want. Free server transfers. Zero wait times for content, and entries no longer needing 3 players. All the buggy stuff? Gone. RMT? Also gone. Job balance? You got it. Ultimate Weapon overhauls? Yes! Crafting overhaul? Hell yes! Everything will be perfect. And then you realize five years from now… that none of this will ever, ever happen. And then you’re back to picking one of the first two options.

/thread
[+]
By Draylo 2022-05-26 13:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
I''m sure feedback matters, but there is a survey results of paying players which show a different set of priorities. Very few wanted remaster and classic server. The posters here are not representative of the larger audience of this game, even if some of us have invested decades into the game

There's also a very negative bias in the discussion. Things we want that they are also addressing are taken for granted such as inventory expansion, new story content etc. and people focus on what they can't get or nitpick things we are getting. A subset of the audience is just way too jaded.

The majority wanted an expansion or at the least new zones to explore, new mobs and assets etc. Instead we are getting a really weak story, apparently no new zones, and most of it squeezed out slowly over 2 years... most of us can see the writing on the wall, if they didnt consider an expansion now I doubt they will going forward and thats whats needed to revitalize this game.

Most didn't want a remake or classic server, just dummies mainly. I appreciate what theyve done for the game so far but I really want to see a good future for the game and atm it just doesnt look bright to me.
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-05-26 14:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

An expansion was never on the table to begin with, that is why the expectation that we would get one was so outlandish.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-26 14:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

An expansion was never on the table to begin with, that is why the expectation that we would get one was so outlandish.
We should stop trying to explain to 4 year olds that Santa isn't real.

.....actually, nevermind. That would be easier than explaining to some of these people who've never been told "no" that their feelings don't matter, their desires don't matter, and big mean companeee isn't vewy nice.

And doesn't care.
By Viciouss 2022-05-26 14:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think a "majority" of anything wanted an expansion, nor did they expect one. Use the zones and mobs we already have to continue to provide content. That's been the gameplan for a few years now. There have been no indications an expansion was ever coming.
By Bosworth 2022-05-26 14:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

To clarify,

*All* of us wanted an expansion. There are just some who can't seem to understand that it both isn't going to happen and is an outlandish expectation to begin with.

Its also an odd thing to call people who wanted a remake or classic server dummies, but then try to pass off an expansion expectation as rational. All of them are equally outlandish.
By GetHelpNerd 2022-05-26 14:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This entire topic has drug on for far too long.

People patting themselves on the back for having foresight while being in hindsight is just idiotic and only happens on this god damn game, good work you meekly predicted that SE did the predictable and now you're here boldly saying "I told you so." no one cares.

Draylo/Radial/whoever else, shut up and make the *** kickstarter or stop talking about how it "could" work. No one is going to step up to the plate and make it for you, if you actually think that is the path forward start pursuing it or shut up about it.

Everyone in this conversation is amazingly annoying
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 26 27 28